RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Double R

Super Stable 2017

Could Race Cafers delay entering this competition for a day or two.

I have sent an email to HRNZ today asking for clarification on their change in the list of horses for some sections from when the contest was listed on Friday until today. For example, on Friday, Dark Horse was not listed in the Trotters section, and was a certainty for one of my wildcard horses, but today it pops up in the Trotters section.

Race Cafers who have entered this competition previously will understand what I am talking about.

I will report back when I get a reply.

Cheers.

Robert.

18 minutes ago, richie said:

mm. sounds like changing the goalposts  after the fact

Hi Richie,

I know you have been in the competition previously, and understand we have to pick two horses from the list supplied in each section by HRNZ, and then two wildcard picks. If those wildcard selections are not on HRNZ lists then they are rated as the lowest rating. Today when I was putting in my stable, I found my two wildcards, although not on the original list, were given not rated as the minimum rating. Hence,  my email to HRNZ today.

I will keep in touch.

Robert.

51 minutes ago, richie said:

Yep that right,should be 5 points.Might have a smokey from the Purdon barn.Not listed either at moment but will do some more homework on it in case been exported or turned out.

The Super Stable competition list has been updated twice today, and at least one horse has been added to the trotters list.

Over 50 people have enter the competition to date, so how fair is it for them if the lists keep changing.

2 minutes ago, richie said:

yep it slanted to those that enter late

I think it is a bad advertisement for the competition if the conditions keep changing and it definitely needs serious investigations.

Hi Neil,

I printed all the sheets out on Friday night, and just checked again, no Dark Horse in the trotters section.

The lists has been updated twice so far today, and horses are still being added to their sections.

Robert.

33 minutes ago, Double R said:

Hi Neil,

I printed all the sheets out on Friday night, and just checked again, no Dark Horse in the trotters section.

The lists has been updated twice so far today, and horses are still being added to their sections.

Robert.

Yes, the whole thing is a complete shambles.  As well as horses going in and out randomly, there are horses in the drop-down selection menus that don't appear in the category lists, and both the lists and menus are full of exported horses (while at the same time not allowing selection of other horses that are still here!)

Of somewhat less moment, but nevertheless a problem for fitting into the 65 cap, the minimum value on the trotter list is 6.   

Hi Robert,

You'll be pleased to know that the IT department are currently looking into these lists and why they are not working as they should. Hopefully they can get them working correctly otherwise I imagine they will be removed as they are really no help at all at the moment. Then it will just be a matter of using the lists within your competition entry.

Cheers & good luck with the competition,

Stacey

41 minutes ago, StaceyM said:

Hi Robert,

You'll be pleased to know that the IT department are currently looking into these lists and why they are not working as they should. Hopefully they can get them working correctly otherwise I imagine they will be removed as they are really no help at all at the moment. Then it will just be a matter of using the lists within your competition entry.

Cheers & good luck with the competition,

Stacey

Great Work Stacey. The IT department seems to have lined everything up now.

This old codger can get about sorting out his stable.

Cheers.

Robert.

Well, I have put my entry in, and I am glad that I contacted Stacey this morning. For the last 15 or more years I have been printing the lists for section from the website before logging in to make my selections. I now know from Stacey that this is not the list as referred to in the conditions, but the list is actually once you log in, and click on add, and start making your selections.

Maybe, I have been the odd one.

Oh, well off to make a double coffee.

Good luck everyone.

Robert.

Good morning Stacey,

I see now , what I had thought was the "list" , before I logged in, is now aligned with all the horses once I log in to each section.

Another question Stacey. Do you think you might returned to an option that was available some years ago, when postal entries were accepted, for people who do not have computers or are infirmed?

Cheers.

Robert.

no they wont go back Robert. I have tried stopping the tide come in but have given up.. Its an online or die world these days. I do print out lists and put in entries for some infirm lovers of harness racing and they love a free competition. I use the computer I purchased with a winning pressy card from a jewels comp previously (showing off ha !) I too had fun with lists actually a doctor was needed when I sneeked No Dr needed in at 5 points  and surprised to see elle mac not there. Lets not get too noisy HRNZ will drop the whole thing.  I agree Stacey is lovely and always apleasure to deal with.ps i wonder how good Purdons trotting Import will be v Monbet ?

Hi John,

That is ashame because as we get older and have been involved in a sport and interest, it is good to keep that going, but as you say it is online or be pushed aside.

I am glad I am not the only one who prints the lists out, as it is a quick reference when trying to get within the 65 points.

It is good to get confirmation that you had fun with the "list",  as you I have have known it over many years of entering. I could not convince HRNZ that the lists were being altered over the weekend, and was told no one works over the weekend, so that would not be possible.

Cheers.

Robert.

On 8/29/2017 at 10:34 AM, john legend said:

no they wont go back Robert. I have tried stopping the tide come in but have given up.. Its an online or die world these days. I do print out lists and put in entries for some infirm lovers of harness racing and they love a free competition. I use the computer I purchased with a winning pressy card from a jewels comp previously (showing off ha !) I too had fun with lists actually a doctor was needed when I sneeked No Dr needed in at 5 points  and surprised to see elle mac not there. Lets not get too noisy HRNZ will drop the whole thing.  I agree Stacey is lovely and always apleasure to deal with.ps i wonder how good Purdons trotting Import will be v Monbet ?

Hi John,

Thanks for your efforts in the trying to help older and more restricted people than you and I to keep their interest.

I did get a reply yesterday to my email I sent to the media and communication executive on Sunday, and she was intrigued to where I got the list from.  She pointed me to the  page as advertised on their home page. Replied that was the page I got the lists from, and explained that Stacey had told me the lists as per the advert were nothing to do with the full list of horses in each section. Interestingly, after to talking to Stacey,  HRNZ's IT department became involved, both lists were suddenly aligned. My last email yesterday morning asked would they be deleting the lists on their advert?  They did delete the Wild Card list of horses, but so far the other four sections are still in their latest advert, reminding everyone that the competition closes tomorrow night.

Cheers.

Robert.

The old addage when something is wrong is always blame the IT dept.never fails because they do not talk to real people... maybe HRNZ has those secret robots that are actually talking to each other and can actually think for themselves and will work 24 hours a day to outwit us . They should all be destroyed or could takeover completely. As the comp takes in big money Cup week and double down on ak cup night, I will give a small tip .These are the race meetings the blue army prepare for therefore whoever wins will have at least half entry full from rolleston.

10 hours ago, john legend said:

The old addage when something is wrong is always blame the IT dept.never fails because they do not talk to real people... maybe HRNZ has those secret robots that are actually talking to each other and can actually think for themselves and will work 24 hours a day to outwit us . They should all be destroyed or could takeover completely. As the comp takes in big money Cup week and double down on ak cup night, I will give a small tip .These are the race meetings the blue army prepare for therefore whoever wins will have at least half entry full from rolleston.

I might I have a rough chance, as I have 5 of the stable you suggest.