RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
yorky

angus wright memorial invitation

i have lost all faith in the selection committee of the waikato grc who selected the field for thursdays angus wright . i know it is a invitation race and they have the right to select who they want but also common sense should apply that the best dogs with the best form should get a run . 

also it is a inter island challenge where 4 dogs from the south island are chosen and in this case only 2 dogs are travelling to cambridge,so that leaves 6 dogs from the north to be selected.

my particular dog lochinvar brogue can only make the bench as no 10 with form from G1 races,WINNING ivitation & C5 races .

lochinvar brogue form line over the last 12 starts (all in C5, G1 & invitation) reads.

1-1-1-41-1-4-1-4-1-4-1-2-4.

this dog is a proven open class and can only make the bench as no 10.

one rings up and complains  they say "put your complaint in writing" this dog has won 8 out of its last 12 starts surely that speaks for its self

no wonder our great sport is going backwards very quickly when we have amateurs like these "selectors"

i am shattered!!!

Denis Schofield.

8 hours ago, yorky said:

i have lost all faith in the selection committee of the waikato grc who selected the field for thursdays angus wright . i know it is a invitation race and they have the right to select who they want but also common sense should apply that the best dogs with the best form should get a run . 

also it is a inter island challenge where 4 dogs from the south island are chosen and in this case only 2 dogs are travelling to cambridge,so that leaves 6 dogs from the north to be selected.

my particular dog lochinvar brogue can only make the bench as no 10 with form from G1 races,WINNING ivitation & C5 races .

lochinvar brogue form line over the last 12 starts (all in C5, G1 & invitation) reads.

1-1-1-41-1-4-1-4-1-4-1-2-4.

this dog is a proven open class and can only make the bench as no 10.

one rings up and complains  they say "put your complaint in writing" this dog has won 8 out of its last 12 starts surely that speaks for its self

no wonder our great sport is going backwards very quickly when we have amateurs like these "selectors"

i am shattered!!!

Denis Schofield.

I feel for you Dennis he has been at the top of his game for such a long time and deserves his chance

Dennis it is a interisland challenge and should off had the best nominated from both islands.....they have put 2 up and coming dogs in with a lot off ability..but we all know c5 can stop the best off them........should have rewarded the dogs that have earnt it in my opinion and  made north islands challenge the best........

I do not think Cristiane Cyborg should be there. Its a class 2. I know its an invitation, and the selectors have free reign, but really, the Cyborg has not done any hard yards, and only competed against low class opposition thus far. I'm a bit surprised the connections are willing to throw what is obviously a very talented dog into an open class race before its time. They risk the undoing of the dogs confidence. I believe dogs that have beaten the best at top level deserve to be in ahead of dogs that have potential. Just my view.

Made some inquiries of my own and was informed that Invitations are not based on grade alone and credence is given to current best form, It was advertised as C1 and above) Based on that I doubt anyone could argue with the field assembled. The two lower class dogs have superb recent form, easily the best of all the runners and whilst they may have beaten lesser opposition they have both posted best of day times at three of their past four wins.

I am a fan of Lochinvar Brogue but considering connections opted out of the Amazing Chase a few weeks ago to contest a normal graded race at Auckland on the same program where he got beaten in 30.94 it's hard to argue his case for inclusion in this field.

Would have been very interesting if there had been a couple more South Island dogs nominated as that would have meant two less spots for the North Island dogs - who would have missed out then ?    

On 23/08/2017 at 9:46 AM, aquaman said:

I do not think Cristiane Cyborg should be there. Its a class 2. I know its an invitation, and the selectors have free reign, but really, the Cyborg has not done any hard yards, and only competed against low class opposition thus far. I'm a bit surprised the connections are willing to throw what is obviously a very talented dog into an open class race before its time. They risk the undoing of the dogs confidence. I believe dogs that have beaten the best at top level deserve to be in ahead of dogs that have potential. Just my view.

Egg of face John? CC huge run slipped at start and went past the" top level dogs" like they were tied to the fence

8 hours ago, jasonmccook1 said:

Egg of face John? CC huge run slipped at start and went past the" top level dogs" like they were tied to the fence

No egg on face at all. Time for the race said it all. Not a huge run, but a run of a stayer in the making. First two dogs were talking up front, this allowed CB to run home strongly. Good run from CB, but lets face it, beat 4 home.