RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
SilverHawk

Ratings

Ted, I think you are missing the point. The policy and common sense would  suggest that a horse should be rated after each NZ performance. Surely that NZ rating should then stand and not revert to zero if a horse goes overseas. If it comes back without racing then that rating should persist. If it races overseas and then comes back it should be re-rated based on overseas performances. If it is known a horse is going overseas after a NZ race it should still be re-rated following that race. Simple really.

No I am not Leggy. I am simply stating what the current policy is to Silverhawk. I have made no comment on whether I believe that policy is right or wrong.

If he doesn't believe me or can't be bothered contacting the handicapper for confirmation or to check the on ratings... well.   

I believe that this policy may also be up for review in the not too distant future however.    

3 hours ago, rdytdy said:

No I am not Leggy. I am simply stating what the current policy is to Silverhawk. I have made no comment on whether I believe that policy is right or wrong.

If he doesn't believe me or can't be bothered contacting the handicapper for confirmation or to check the on ratings... well.   

I believe that this policy may also be up for review in the not too distant future however.    

You are mixing up the policy as written with the procedure that is being followed Ted. What you are stating is the procedure that you believe is being followed. Not much point reviewing the policy if they are not going to follow it anyway.

Last weekends Group One sees another Ratings fkup!

Horses are being dropped when they shouldn't be!

No wonder why there's no open class gallopers. Clubs are being forced to drop their open class because of a lack of numbers in the grade and it will continue to happen under Strictland.
(eg. Ellerslie OHcp $40,000 1400m has 7 runners - rated 91 down to 71)

Coldplay has dropped a point each last 2 races -  in a Group 1& 2.

Last years  Derby and Triple Crown winner (Rangipo) and Head of last season Free Handicap 1601m+ at 60.5kgs will run in Rated 85 grade soon.
Blocked in Foxbridge - lose a point.
Trapped wide in Tazino - lose a point.

Ridiculous ratings!!

Strictland=no idea!

How does Strictland rate these group races?
He takes off points for unlucky runners, then doesn't give enough points to winners.
This is the reason why horses aren't going through the grades.

Here we have another fkn shocking example of Strictlands incompetence.

She Brings Joy wins a GROUP 2 $100,000 Royal Stakes, and Strictland has re-rated her, no more than 2 points than a ordinary maiden winner.

Rated only 64, She brings Joy is 36 points behind Bonneval in the ratings

BUT

She Bring Joy is ONLY 5.5kgs (11 points) inferior to Bonneval in the Free Handicap.

How much more do we have to put up with this nonsense. 

Strictland really has no idea!

Bernard - get someone in, to clean this ratings mess. It cant keep going like it is.

Its beyond a joke, that a Group 2 winner at her last start is in a R65 grade.

39 minutes ago, SilverHawk said:

How does Strictland rate these group races?
He takes off points for unlucky runners, then doesn't give enough points to winners.
This is the reason why horses aren't going through the grades.

She Brings Joy wins a GROUP 2 $100,000 Royal Stakes, and Strictland has re-rated her, no more than 2 points than a ordinary maiden winner.

Rated only 64, She brings Joy is 36 points behind Bonneval in the ratings

BUT

She Bring Joy is ONLY 5.5kgs (11 points) inferior to Bonneval in the Free Handicap.

How much more do we have to put up with this nonsense. 

Bernard - get someone in, to clean this ratings mess. It cant keep going like it is.

Let me get this right.

You don't like the ratings model designed by an unemployed Australian, administered by a thick fuckwit from England who couldn't ride, but now you want another Australian who was jobless before he was appointed to his current job at NZTR to fix the problem.....is that correct ?

12 minutes ago, Midget said:

Let me get this right.

You don't like the ratings model designed by an unemployed Australian, administered by a thick fuckwit from England who couldn't ride, but now you want another Australian who was jobless before he was appointed to his current job at NZTR to fix the problem.....is that correct ?

Midget, I just want someone to employ someone to fix the rating mess.

You, me and everyone else knows that Strictland, Hall and Quirke fkd the rating system.

On 9/18/2017 at 8:43 PM, SilverHawk said:

Rated only 64,

This is beyond a joke!

She Brings Joy loses one point in yesterday R65 race.

A Group 2 winner now rated 63.

First race for 8 months over short distance, and in the stipes report, "slow away and rider advises she wasnt happy in the ground."

Doesnt Strictland take into account factors. Freshup after 8 months. wet track etc.......

No he just copies a template. Any horse finishes past fifth - lose points.

17 hours ago, SilverHawk said:

No he just copies a template. Any horse finishes past fifth - lose points.

and any horse that finishes 4th in a 5 or 6 horse field gains a point. How come there are only 4 geldings age 5 or older in this weeks Group1 at Hastings?

It is not an easy problem to solve. An average barrier trial winner is worth more than a NZ Group 1 race. 

As for She Brings Joy - An 8 month spell suggests to me the horse had an issue. 8 months @ $2500-3000/month (+ vet expenses) to lose 1 point (0.5kg) is completely acceptable with me.

Her 64 rating? The Royal Stakes was a tough race to assess - 4 maidens fought out the finish. And now with the benefit of hindsight it hasn't improved. And the international rating for the race was lower than most of our Listed races.

23 hours ago, berzerk said:

It is not an easy problem to solve. An average barrier trial winner is worth more than a NZ Group 1 race. 

As for She Brings Joy - An 8 month spell suggests to me the horse had an issue. 8 months @ $2500-3000/month (+ vet expenses) to lose 1 point (0.5kg) is completely acceptable with me.

Her 64 rating? The Royal Stakes was a tough race to assess - 4 maidens fought out the finish. And now with the benefit of hindsight it hasn't improved. And the international rating for the race was lower than most of our Listed races.

With a mind-set you have, its no good having a discussion with you. Berzerk, you seem to always defend the handicapper.

Strictland has re-rated She Brings Joy  winning a $100,000 G2 race, no more than 2 points than a ordinary maiden winner - then takes one point away after returning from 8 months over a unsuitable distance. FFS

A handicapper should NEVER take into account " 8 month spell suggests to me the horse had an issue." 

I just wish I owned Sofia Rosa ( that's bizarre, go check its rating after all its group placings, and it's a G1 winner FFS ) or Son Of Maher.

If NZTR cannot see how corrupt those horses ratings are they shouldn't be in this racing game.

Time you stepped in Bernaaard, if you have any credibility yourself, as you claim to have, best you sort the handicapping model out and fire that useless Strickland.

Here we go again.

Dijon Bleu wins the Group 3 Gold Trail Stakes. Goes from 70 to 77.
7 points for a Group 3!!!

Shes won Two Stakes races at her last two starts and is quite nicely rated for Rating 75 grade with the sex allowance.
What a joke!

She has won a Listed by 4.5 lengths then a Group 3 easily by 1.75 lengths and has gone up only15 points.

Common theme with the way Strictland rates. No enough for winners - especially three-year-olds. And his shambolic Free Handicap was proof.

Okay Silverhawk - Dijon Bleu beat a rating 67 horse by 1 3/4 lengths. What is your re-rating? And don't forget to re-rate placegetters as well.

PS: You must be winning a fortune on the punt with all these badly handicapped horses!

3 hours ago, berzerk said:

Okay Silverhawk - Dijon Bleu beat a rating 67 horse by 1 3/4 lengths. What is your re-rating? And don't forget to re-rate placegetters as well.

PS: You must be winning a fortune on the punt with all these badly handicapped horses!

The main point is three-year-olds are not getting re-rated high enough for winning/placed in Group races.

They must be penalized much tougher, to push them through the grades.
Now rated 77, shes won Two Stakes races at her last two starts and is quite nicely rated for Rating 75 grade, after taking away the 4 point sex allowance.
What a joke!

More examples of Strictland's incompetence.

The re-ratings of Hastings was done on Sunday EXCEPT the G2 Hawkes Bay Guineas. WHY?????????
The Group race for three-year-olds!!! The group that Strictland has no idea how to rate!!
He didnt rerate race last year, like the 2000 Guineas, Derby, etc....

What do you have to say now rdytdy.

On 8/25/2017 at 3:24 PM, rdytdy said:

Silverhawk the process is:

All horses are rated after racing in NZ which includes all the horses mentioned above. When a horse is exported then that rating is removed until such time as they return and a re-rating is done. It was done this way prior to the current handicapper also.

If one wanted to know the rating of any particular horse prior to export just ask the handicapper and he can tell you.  

As for the rest of the re-ratings, every winner got 5 points - that's not handicapping.

Yearn deserved to get more than 5 points. That run was worth 7-8 points, therefor Lasting Friendship (2nd) that looked the winner deserved to get more than 1 point.

Its no wonder horses ARE NOT going through the grades!

As for Bullrush winning 5 races in Australia, and only being in the R85 grade, thankyou very much Strictland, the collect was lovely.
This horse should have been in the open grade on what it had done!

Strictland must read race-cafe, because he's re-rated the HB Guineas now!

Why wasnt it done on Sunday, like the other races?

He had plenty of time, HB didnt do a full meeting.

The HB Guineas re-ratings are still well under-rated - like he usually does for three-year-old Group races he does.

What a joke these ratings are becoming.

Gift of Power thrown at the ratings with 71 in a Rating75 at Taupo today.

A winner of a TWO Stakes races from 5 starts, rated 71????
Won the Group Two Wakefield and only got 3 points, after winning the Listed Wellesley.

You have got to be joking Strictland!

You have no idea how to rate age (2 and 3) winners, open handicap, in fact every ratings band!

11 hours ago, SilverHawk said:

Won the Group Two Wakefield and only got 3 points, after winning the Listed Wellesley.

You have no idea how to rate age (2 and 3) winners, open handicap, in fact every ratings band!

learnt from his former boss who liked to have a bet maybe - good divie yesterday too

Guest 2Admin2
11 hours ago, SilverHawk said:

Seems to be within the parameters of the Handicapping Policy though.  We all know that that Policy is stuffed.  Perhaps he assessed the Wakefield as being relatively weak with little exposed form.