RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
puha

Taupo Friday

Nothing to do with stakemoney . As your probably aware at this time of year it's an important lead in run for horses on  a reasonable surface but may not be the case this year. Plenty of good 3 yr olds have started their careers at this meeting previous years.

1 hour ago, puha said:

Nothing to do with stakemoney . As your probably aware at this time of year it's an important lead in run for horses on  a reasonable surface but may not be the case this year. Plenty of good 3 yr olds have started their careers at this meeting previous years.

I wasn't picking on you in any way Puha. And you are quite right. But as I said, only in NZ....

22 hours ago, BruceL said:

The trial fields are unbelievable!

If many meetings now have 7 races sometimes even 6 i can't see any reason why a few trials can't be inserted on the day. All the infrastructure is there e.g. jockeys, ambulance, starting gates, TV etc etc. Perhaps non tote claiming races could be experimented even intruding on NZB monopoly on ready to run sales. Useful commission for clubs.

13 hours ago, slam dunk said:

If many meetings now have 7 races sometimes even 6 i can't see any reason why a few trials can't be inserted on the day. All the infrastructure is there e.g. jockeys, ambulance, starting gates, TV etc etc. Perhaps non tote claiming races could be experimented even intruding on NZB monopoly on ready to run sales. Useful commission for clubs.

Then you get some half educated horse who holds everyone up and impacts on the start time of the races, or worse still something happens with a trial horse and the race meeting gets called off. Might be alright for very experienced horses , but there are many of them around in the trials.

Interesting that the horses that aren't actually racing tomorrow get first use a track that could possibly deteriorate quickly depending on the weather . Understand they are the cream but it is a Raceday after all .

Doesn't it demonstrate the appetite those with good horses have for decent safe tracks ? That's how I see it, just a giant vote of confidence in a pumice based track that invariably gives fair and safe footing, instead of a mud based shithole like most around NZ.

If NZTR had any horsemen on staff or advising them they could've addressed this years ago and developed the sand belts, Foxton to Wanganui or Port Waikato to Muriwai.

Instead they wasted years of time, and million of dollars on unproductive futile exercises and / or stakes.

In the meantime they've kept investing in swamps and mud holes in the vain hope they'll find a miracle cure for what's incurable. Fat chance.

As an aside whatever happened to the crazy stable hands diploma program that they started a few years ago, is that still going ?

The track was safe but those early trials which weren't for stake money certainly didn't do the inside few metres of the racing surface any favours BEFORE the actual racing meeting got underway.   . I still think that the horses that were actually racing yesterday should of had first use of the track .