RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Counties PR Disaster.

Guest 2Admin2
8 hours ago, hesi said:

Ha

Just wondering if we are going to see this post removed as it contains foul language:rolleyes:

Just as Berri's post a week or so ago was removed for the same reason

Just to clarify although I had nothing to do with the original moderation of Berri's post I moved it to the main topic.  In saying that his choice of words for the Topic went a bit far especially as it was a headline.

2 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

Spoke to Ken yesterday and he mentioned that the Colours room downstairs was left open for this purpose. 

I did say it wasn't really known that this room was available so he is going to rectify it next week. 

He did acknowledge that there was a lot of interest in the Australian betting after NZ racing had finished, and it was beneficial to the club to remain open.

That would be the correct way to appease patrons.

Why someone at Counties didn't 'bother to check what time the last race at Riccarton was being run, especially as it was a domestic meeting and with investments that would have been placed on course, is not professional enough.

Get a space that has trackside and advertise to patrons that the remaining races can be viewed in that room, simple really.

19 hours ago, hesi said:

Ha

Just wondering if we are going to see this post removed as it contains foul language:rolleyes:

Just as Berri's post a week or so ago was removed for the same reason

Trolling again... unlike some of you in here I have a real life and sometimes I miss getting the swearing taken out... because most of you behave,including you, like school kids... so sorry if i was not at my computer Hesi to take it down in time for you.

I do find it a bit sad when people with a genuine interest in the wellbeing of the industry come on here to contribute and things often degenerate into personal abuse.

I have been involved in racing for many years in many capacities and the thing that does become apparent is that Racing attracts people from all walks of life. In the "old" days the street sweeper and the business CEO would stand side by side in TAB's and discuss the relative merits of certain horses without any animosity at all. With the rise of social media there are people who would previously have had no platform at all who can suddenly comment on the same level as people who have much more knowledge than them.

I think we need to be a bit tolerant if people make comments that we may not agree with. It is a complex industry and we can't expect everyone to have the same depth of knowledge. I think there are people on here with more knowledge than most of the people getting paid big money to run Racing. So lets try to be a bit more tolerant and let people have their say, even if we may not agree with them.

6 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

actually the funny thing is the owner of an online forum website thinks that people who post on it don't have a life.... 

No he just becomes boring he trolls people all the time...very tiresome.

if he minded his own business he would not be called out...but he can't help himself...he thinks he is some kind of moral watchdog...anyway thats my opinion and when I last checked I was entitled to one...:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Midget said:

I agree, let's all be more tolerant when I'm having a "know all" rant.

As an aside I see Matamata was today named the NZ capital of infidelity, and interestingly it also has the most clinically depressed people per capita in NZ.

Isn't that a sad state of affairs ?

Surely only one of those is a sad state of affairs Midget?

1 hour ago, Midget said:

As an aside I see Matamata was today named the NZ capital of infidelity, and interestingly it also has the most clinically depressed people per capita in NZ.

Seriously? It's taken over from Hamilton?

14 hours ago, Midget said:

if you are going to steal a joke from the  Edinburgh Fringe, you may as well steal them all.  https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2017/aug/15/the-10-best-jokes-from-the-edinburgh-fringe

1 hour ago, Steve Donovan said:

if you are going to steal a joke from the  Edinburgh Fringe, you may as well steal them all.  https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2017/aug/15/the-10-best-jokes-from-the-edinburgh-fringe

Good spotting young man.

That said I couldn't get the word state into the geographicals, and besides the joke would've gone over the head of most here because generally speaking "Cafers" aren't terribly bright.