RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Counties PR Disaster.

You have to wonder who is in control of Counties.

A co trainer was watching their horse in the 2nd last race at Riccarton on Trackside at Counties when the horses turned into the straight, some idiot turned the coverage off.

I still believe it is good for Racing to get patrons on course and some clubs do try hard to achieve this, but some idiot at Counties decides it is time to depart, that is the end.

If there Liquor Licence had a closing time, you still have half an hour to consume your drink before being asked to vacate the premises, so why not let the patrons still there.watch the race, especially those that have an investment in the horse, or those that had a wager in the race.

This club needs a complete revamp at management level and to get someone with a few clues to take it to a level that is beneficial to both the Club and the patrons who support it.

SNR

1 hour ago, Midget said:

Love it !!

I remember the time the opposite happened, after the races the usual crew assembled in the President's room, polished off the remaining 127 bottles of pinot, departed very late, blind drunk, and left the whole fucking joint wide open all night.

Do they really have pinot in the president's room at Counties?

Guest 2Admin2
16 minutes ago, Midget said:

Does it rain in Greymouth ?

Certainly not Scotch Mist!

Remember last year on first day of Hastings carnival ventured into the Horlicks bar towards end of the day . Wasn't full of people but was talking to a couple of local business people who like to punt big on the Aussie races  not long after the last oncourse the red badge dickhead told them to hurry up and finish your beer and leave . They were gob smacked as the Aussie races were just warming up and to be fair so was Butch when told . Even the bar staff closed the bar soon as the last was run . They couldn't get out of there quick enough.Think they have a bar liscence till an hour after the last but those behind bar and security didn't care.

Had a horse in the last at Te Rapa a few meetings back, she ran a really close second so thought we would have a last drink to celebrate a good run - no chance, bar staff were packing up and going

Gee these stories are frustrating. Clubs try so hard (well some) to get people on course and then do the basics so poorly.

Tote and bar staff shutting up as quickly as possible, tote staff all taking their breaks at the same time so only one window is open in a room, security goons throwing people out, tvs not showing both channels or the sound being impossible to hear etc etc etc...

1 hour ago, ivanthegreat said:

TV monitors there looked like the same ones installed when Keith Holyoake was PM last time I was there and the on-course experience was so underwhelming we went home after the 3rd race.

...........and yet there are still those saying we need to keep all our current racecourses going! 

That is one of the major problems in NZ, the on course experience is in many ways inferior to what people receive in their local bar or even at home.

The facilities for betting into other meetings are terrible at most tracks, no form, no sound etc, and as people have said they close down as soon as the last race is run on course.

No provision has ever been made for the fact we have two or three hours of top notch Aussie racing to come when the local meetings finish.

Just a quick FYI.

I was in the boys day out function and had a grand day!

The TV monitors also turned off because the TAB pulled the plug in van out the back which is where all that coverage comes from.
I know it would be nice to blame the club in this instance, but it appears this one wasn't in their control. Unless we are associating the club with the TAB/NZRB?
Trying to pin TAB issues/camera angles any anything else that enrages us onto local clubs would be like you saying the stabbing outside your bar all those months ago was in your control?

I wouldnt think with the shambles Saloon Saloon has been in the last 12 months Morty, you'd be throwing stones!

1 hour ago, Kevin Baller said:

Just a quick FYI.

I was in the boys day out function and had a grand day!

The TV monitors also turned off because the TAB pulled the plug in van out the back which is where all that coverage comes from.
I know it would be nice to blame the club in this instance, but it appears this one wasn't in their control. Unless we are associating the club with the TAB/NZRB?
Trying to pin TAB issues/camera angles any anything else that enrages us onto local clubs would be like you saying the stabbing outside your bar all those months ago was in your control?

I wouldnt think with the shambles Saloon Saloon has been in the last 12 months Morty, you'd be throwing stones!

Not sure what you are referring to regarding Saloon,but what i will tell you is some facts.The building was sold to an Auckland company and over 1 year they put the rent up 20%,then made me pay for them to send a bill of $1800pa for there Adim  ,then ask me to pay $1800pa for gutter cleaning,which is a job I did and they continued to add costs which i believe were wrong

We had the best year according to DB for Litreage sold in the last 6 years, but when the rent goes up and can continue every 2 years,i believe it is my best interest to cease trading and I was smart enough not to agree toa PG on the rent,so i can walk anytime.

I did consider with the Counties Inn closing applying for there Pokie Licence, but as i am firm believer that they are blight on society, i would rather sell the chattels which are valued more than what i put into the business,so to me it is no brainer.

I would also ask if you could name a Bar Business that did better than us in Counties and anyone that doesn't have pokies?I was going to tell you of the many promotions we did,but as you are fuckin know all,i can't be bother,but I am happy to show you photos of the many nights where people are having a great time, but you are not worthy or the courtesy of a reply.  

I will do the PR role for Counties Racing and do it free of charge for 6 months and if I do not increase on course patronage i will donate 5k to a charity of your choice,but if I do you have to do the same.Give me your thoughts on this.

SNR

8 minutes ago, shaneMcAlister said:

Interesting challenge... :-)

Excuse my ignorance, or naivety.  Is Midget Leo Molley or Lou Morton?

Why would they bother replying to you when you can't bother to spell their names or identify them correctly ?

2 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

Yes, it happens all to often, and I have  to go to TeRapa this afternoon so I will mention it to Ken Rutherford. 

When you ask him Woodsy get him to check whether there is a legal requirement to close all bars and/or totes one hour after the running of the last race on-course. I seem to recall from a very long ago past there was but not sure if it still stands.

I believe the Clubs can get around it via a special license upon request for certain areas but not a blanket application across the course. 

Of course it all could have changed but would explain why bars/totes are closed when they are on run of the mill racedays.

Would also beg the question on cost benefit via keeping a tote open on the maybe that someone will have a bet when the Clubs don't get anything from on-course turnover these days (is that correct??) - I can understand on days when there are races during the big carnivals in Australia but not on poxy mid-winter days.

I stand to be corrected but doesn't Ellerslie keep the bar on the corner of the members stand open late on all race-days to cater for those looking to have a late bet and beer - was like that the last couple of times I have been and I probably saw you in there Woodsy :)

On 8/15/2017 at 4:07 PM, shaneMcAlister said:

Sorry, Leo Molloy and Lewis Morton/Kevin Morton.

I apologise if it offended.  Being McAlister my name is always spelt wrong and it is not something that offends me, so sorry.  I know it makes an L of a difference :-)

And you're a " ranga " / chestnut as well, so you're a poor example of the species and not worth engaging with.

BTW it's not Lewis you ginga 

59 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Geez your an arsehole, Shane mc didn't attack or say anything offensive to you.......you have a serious anger problem, your one of those " the world owes you" types and those that don't agree with are all wrong.....

Shane Mc. knows very well there is no Lewis. He is just "pulling the chain".  Get over it you lot and be sensible chaps. 

Spoke to Ken yesterday and he mentioned that the Colours room downstairs was left open for this purpose. 

I did say it wasn't really known that this room was available so he is going to rectify it next week. 

He did acknowledge that there was a lot of interest in the Australian betting after NZ racing had finished, and it was beneficial to the club to remain open.