RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
departed

Mark Brooks

17 hours ago, departed said:

Does anyone know why Mark Brooks returned to NZ when he was getting such good results in Victoria?

8 hours ago, departed said:

what a miserable bunch you kiwis are

Too many villains and rogues. Flies were annoying. Weather was crap  for a start.

After a short stint training out of Ballarat in Victoria, Mark Brooks is returning to his home town of Cambridge.

The successful young horseman crossed the Tasman with his family to have a crack at  Australian prizemoney and opportunities but things haven't worked out prompting a decision to up stumps.

"The people we have been dealing with didn't quite come to the party with wat was initially promised," Brooks said as he prepared for his return home.

"I don't want to go into detail but it hasn't quite worked out as planned."

2 hours ago, rdytdy said:

After a short stint training out of Ballarat in Victoria, Mark Brooks is returning to his home town of Cambridge.

The successful young horseman crossed the Tasman with his family to have a crack at  Australian prizemoney and opportunities but things haven't worked out prompting a decision to up stumps.

"The people we have been dealing with didn't quite come to the party with wat was initially promised," Brooks said as he prepared for his return home.

"I don't want to go into detail but it hasn't quite worked out as planned."

Not only did they not quite come to the party they also stole the "h" out of the word "what" - is there nothing these low-life fiends won't stoop to????

6 hours ago, ivanthegreat said:

The descendants of those " Hand picked by England's finest magistrates. "

Ha Ivan!  Though to be fair if we're talking about reneging on deals and not paying bills, there's a fair amount of it this side of the Tasman from what I hear talking to various suppliers/contractors   ...

I feel slightly ill when I receive some of my accounts too but it's a costly game and none of us should be in it if we can't pay our way ... 

Since he was training entirely NZ horses seems it might have been a NZ owner letting him down.  Either that or the club let him down on the barn it was going to build for him but that would seem highly unlikely.