RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Dockers

Counties yesterday

Hard day on the punt yesterday probably summed up by a horse that is eight having its twenty second start where previous twenty one have reaped the sum of $950 winning like a odds on shot. Basil Brush - Boom Boom. 

I'm afraid I didn't even consider that meeting as a betting proposition.

If you aren't following NZ racing really closely the form is impossible to follow, and even if you do follow it closely I suspect it is pretty hard to follow.

I suspect most astute punters these days now give most of their attention to Melbourne or Sydney. Except when it is Moonee Valley, which for some reason never excites me.

1 hour ago, We're Doomed said:

I'm afraid I didn't even consider that meeting as a betting proposition.

If you aren't following NZ racing really closely the form is impossible to follow, and even if you do follow it closely I suspect it is pretty hard to follow.

I suspect most astute punters these days now give most of their attention to Melbourne or Sydney. Except when it is Moonee Valley, which for some reason never excites me.

I'd still rather sift through the NZ horses than try and dissect fields where almost every horse is a last start winner like you are always flogging .

5 hours ago, Dockers said:

Hard day on the punt yesterday probably summed up by a horse that is eight having its twenty second start where previous twenty one have reaped the sum of $950 winning like a odds on shot. Basil Brush - Boom Boom. 

Yes incredible really, flew home from a mile back & not a single mention of it in the Stipes report.

4 hours ago, puha said:

I'd still rather sift through the NZ horses than try and dissect fields where almost every horse is a last start winner like you are always flogging .

Not quite sure where you get that idea from. I had no idea I was flogging anything. And I had no idea every starter in Melbourne and Sydney was a last start winner. And I thought this thread started with someone mentioning a formless horse suddenly winning like an odds on shot. If you prefer that sort of thing who am I to criticise it.

WD, the winning % of favs is very similar across NZ/Aust what ever the time of year or conditions. So any notion that its more difficult to select winners here is more assumptive than reality.

One off results like yesterday prove nothing, have a look at Flemington last weekend, there was a winner well in excess of $100. 

38 minutes ago, barryb said:

WD, the winning % of favs is very similar across NZ/Aust what ever the time of year or conditions. So any notion that its more difficult to select winners here is more assumptive than reality.

One off results like yesterday prove nothing, have a look at Flemington last weekend, there was a winner well in excess of $100. 

All true Barry. I just personally find it easier to analyse form in Aussie. In the days when I used to watch most NZ races I found it possible to follow NZ form, but now that I rely on studying formguides I find Aussie form more reliable for the occasional punter.

Typical winter day, spent most of it in the stabling area but ventured out to watch a handful of races. Seemed to be a fair few horses like the Basil, that found a nice finishing  spot closer to the rails.  Can't recall the last race,  but there seemed to be 3 or 4 before that where horses shot through on inside, not usual pattern on Heavy 11 track.

10 minutes ago, hesi said:

Stop complaining and follow the Hesi regime

Relatively speaking, I'm making a fortune.

I'm writing down all the bets I would have had, then watching them run down the track, great fun and saved a lot of money.

4 Myers faves ran dead last yesterday, El Duque dead last today(WTF is wrong with that horse, beaten 600m out, still owes me from a few weeks back though).

And of course the piece de resistance, Boom Boom winning at 70's.  If anyone can put up a credible reason why you would back a horse like that, other than it's name, I'll shout them a $20 bet:)

PS: Spring is just around the corner

Agree with you about El Duque. On his best form he would have spanked that lot.  Racing like he doesn't want to be there.

3 hours ago, hesi said:

Stop complaining and follow the Hesi regime

Relatively speaking, I'm making a fortune.

I'm writing down all the bets I would have had, then watching them run down the track, great fun and saved a lot of money.

4 Myers faves ran dead last yesterday, El Duque dead last today(WTF is wrong with that horse, beaten 600m out, still owes me from a few weeks back though).

And of course the piece de resistance, Boom Boom winning at 70's.  If anyone can put up a credible reason why you would back a horse like that, other than it's name, I'll shout them a $20 bet:)

PS: Spring is just around the corner

3rd up ok hesi

Hopefully this is not off topic but I was most impressed by Inca Warrior at Te Aroha on Sunday.  I left him alone as it is tough for three year olds against the older horses, even in dunce class, but he just towelled them.  I am picking him to have bold type by 31st October 2017.  I noticed him firming from $3.40 to $2.70 at the off.  There was some informed dough on there.  What a pity that I was uninformed.

3 hours ago, Tauhei Notts said:

Hopefully this is not off topic but I was most impressed by Inca Warrior at Te Aroha on Sunday.  I left him alone as it is tough for three year olds against the older horses, even in dunce class, but he just towelled them.  I am picking him to have bold type by 31st October 2017.  I noticed him firming from $3.40 to $2.70 at the off.  There was some informed dough on there.  What a pity that I was uninformed.

Was showing $ 5 when I backed him , not at fixed odds sadly as would have jumped at that  it like a fat boy on a Crunchie bar.