RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
SilverHawk

Best Bets

Disgraceful that Best Bets cant get off their arse and update Wednesday's Riccarton form for a Friday publication.

Over 30 horses involved, form not updated. Not good enough!! And the NZRB expect the public to buy their book and punt!!

Didn't happen when Bob Lovett and Mike Browne were in charge of Best Bets!

What do all that staff do at NZRB? Nothing but collect their pay packet.
You all at the NZRB should hang your heads in shame, especially you John Allen. Instead of your rehearsed propaganda program Home Straight,  concentrate on your domestic product.

You put the price up, yet cant update the form, otherwise employ others that are prepared to do the work.

I am pissed off I spent $6 for a book not up to date!

1 hour ago, craigosz said:

Whilst I can understand some being disappointed with Canterbury fields not being updated the book itself is very good.

Clear and precise......a big tick from me.

Cheers,

Craig.

Agree huge improvement.  Bound like a book feels and looks well made. Probably abit harsh with the time restraints to expect the updates.

39 minutes ago, puha said:

Agree huge improvement.  Bound like a book feels and looks well made. Probably abit harsh with the time restraints to expect the updates.

Whilst I can understand some being disappointed with Canterbury fields not being updated the book itself is very good.

Clear and precise......a big tick from me.

Cheers,

Craig.

Precise??? Abit harsh???? thats crap!!!!!!

They printed the Wednesday re-handicap of Jackfrost WITHOUT his form of winning the race on Wednesday.

They also do not print re-handicaps of Third Time Luck and Kings Pal. They are carrying different weights than the Best Bets state!

That is not precise. This is crap service for a publication coming out on a Friday!

I could perhaps understand if the publication came out on Thursday, but under Lovetts watch the re-handicaps and formline were done when it came out on a Thursday.
In todays modern era, there is no excuse.

It's just being lazy! Like all NZRB employees.

Hi Silver Hawk,

I am not for one moment trying to sound like a tab advocate but you are wrong on a number of fronts!

Firstly if Best Bets had of come out on Thursday you would have got the same.

Whilst updates do happen as soon as they can...print is different to online.

You may say why do I know this....well that's simple I work for a Security printing firm which also has a Commercial division,

so I can tell you that to get Best Bets to all participating  TAB's by Friday morning the Riccarton form was not updated by a certain time including online.

You must have sometime on your hands so it should be quite easy to update the form with your Bic biro to your racebook as I have done.

Otherwise your talking total shite..................it's a huge improvement.

Hope you back a winner tomorrow,

Cheers,

Craig.

5 hours ago, hedley said:

At Least you can get a hold of a BestBets..down here in Nelson they're unobtainable.

Driving more punters out of the industry..and no body gives a stuff!

Population of 70,000 down here (given the 'get stuffed'' treatment)

4 minutes ago, craigosz said:

Hi Silver Hawk,

I am not for one moment trying to sound like a tab advocate but you are wrong on a number of fronts!

You may say why do I know this....well that's simple I work for a Security printing firm which also has a Commercial division,

so I can tell you that to get Best Bets to all participating  TAB's by Friday morning the Riccarton form was not updated by a certain time including online.

You must have sometime on your hands so it should be quite easy to update the form with your Bic biro to your racebook as I have done.

Cheers,

Craig.

You obviously were not around when Best Bets was owned by News Media (prior to NZRB buying it), when it used to come out on a Thursday morning. Wednesdays formlines were updated and ALL printed on Thursdays Best Bets.
All 30 horses that ran at Riccarton would have been updated and printed on Best Bets.

We are talking here punters having the correct information in front of them - not 30 odds horses that have missing form.

Yep hedley I can't understand why your not getting any copies at your local TAB.

Is your TAB a Pub tab as from the distributors menu in the book it at this stage seems to be only TAB's.

At the moment :

North Island.........73 outlets selling

South Island........9 outlets selling

Being in the South I'm glad I can get one one......hope you too can soon...guess will come down to sales.

I notice like yourself in Nelson, West Coast dosen't get any either.

Finally sorted getting an old hand back to the track for Grand National tomorrow. During the Grand National lunch get a text saying why can I not find a Turf / Best Bets.

To be fair he is hopeless on the punt, I can't remember the last time he made money at the track, but at least the book told him the losing colours to look out for.

Hi Silver Hawk,

Cheers,

Craig.

What are you talking about?

You obviously weren't around when Best Bets was owned by News Media (prior to NZRB buying it), when it used to come out on a Thursday morning. Wednesdays formlines were ALL  updated and printed on Thursdays Best Bets.
Before NZRB took over, the BB, All 30 horses that ran at Riccarton on Wednesday would have been updated and printed on Best Bets out on Thursday morning. Fact!

We are talking here punters having the correct information in front of them - not 30 odds horses that have missing form.

2 hours ago, craigosz said:

Yep hedley I can't understand why your not getting any copies at your local TAB.

Is your TAB a Pub tab as from the distributors menu in the book it at this stage seems to be only TAB's.

At the moment :

North Island.........73 outlets selling

South Island........9 outlets selling

Being in the South I'm glad I can get one one......hope you too can soon...guess will come down to sales.

I notice like yourself in Nelson, West Coast dosen't get any either.

Craig,we don't get the book here in Blenheim now....tho most of our TABs are in Pubs.I've just gone back to buying The Informant again,which seems to be in every supermarket and Z Servo here in town.

7 hours ago, Mardy said:

Craig,we don't get the book here in Blenheim now....tho most of our TABs are in Pubs.I've just gone back to buying The Informant again,which seems to be in every supermarket and Z Servo here in town.

It's a shame as the difference between the two BB  are chalk n cheeses. Guess the only let done for me is not having any Thursday CD gallops being a Friday publication and it's not filled with dog meetings which is a bonus :) 

10 hours ago, Foaming said:

Finally sorted getting an old hand back to the track for Grand National tomorrow. During the Grand National lunch get a text saying why can I not find a Turf / Best Bets.

To be fair he is hopeless on the punt, I can't remember the last time he made money at the track, but at least the book told him the losing colours to look out for.

He would be better off with lotto tickets but at least we get him on track today

Got to agree that the inability to update the form for the horses who ran on wednesday isn't good enough

14 hours ago, hedley said:

Population of 70,000 down here (given the 'get stuffed'' treatment)

Hedley

Take a 3 month subscription  I have . There are no outlets in Kapiti and if there were I would have to drive to get there and the cost of the courier is  much cheaper than running the car to the dairy

My experience

Week 1 a disaster  the courier was mistakenly told to get a signature at 7am in the morning

we were home and up but he was lazy and left a card to call at the depot. I went ballistic all round

Bluestar were great in the end. a Best bets was delivered to me Friday at 2.30 pm

the original one was re delivered on Monday at 7am with no request for a signature

not much use then

week 2  courier delivered 2pm Thursday afternoon  brilliant better than 7 am Friday

week 3    courier delivered 3pm 10August which was the Thursday

The book  is a great improvement

Hedley ring Susanne Hall on 04 5765199 and tell her i tld you to ring and order a 13 week sub

yu will get your Best Bets by 7am Friday morning

Geewiz Rumpole, the next time you visit HQ's for whatever reason, you will be invited to the pie warmer irrespective of the the reason you are in the building, given the great recommendation you have given the BB. 

On 8/11/2017 at 3:11 PM, hedley said:

At Least you can get a hold of a BestBets..down here in Nelson they're unobtainable.

I just went into our local Paper Plus store and they order it in for me.. Maybe you could try that option.

13 hours ago, Insider said:

Geewiz Rumpole, the next time you visit HQ's for whatever reason, you will be invited to the pie warmer irrespective of the the reason you are in the building, given the great recommendation you have given the BB. 

we could go together and have coffee with John Allan and the boys

53 minutes ago, rumpole said:

we could go together and have coffee with John Allan and the boys

That's if is there. It's been reported to me that he gets out and visits the TAB's. Last Sunday he was seen at the Courtney Place one mixing and talking with the customers. 

On 8/11/2017 at 3:11 PM, hedley said:

Hedley ring that susanne Hall and she will look after you

There are several outlets in Nelson

Paper Plus, 237 Trafalgar Street;

-          Stoke NightNDay, 504 Main Road, Stoke;

-          Tahuna Store, 32 Maritai Street;

-          Richmond NightnDay, 205 Queen Street, Richmond.

The Best bets is worth having

Thanks for your help Rumpy..i'll firstly try to get Susanne to ring the Tahuna Store which is my traditional outlet, which had their subscription halted..to get that reinstated as the proprietor is willing and still able to hold the stock of BestBets.,

..failing that i'll talk to Susanne about getting a home subscription.,,

Thanks John ;)

Many malls overseas have an on demand kiosk printer facility. It wouldn't be economical just printing racing information but combined with all sorts of other printing services its probably viable. Pity the TAB are so one tracked and can't grasp the big picture.

I can't believe we are discussing the Best Bets in the year 2017.

I'm an "old bastard" and have done away with it years ago - there are so many superior products out there(web based).

Having said that the new bound one I saw in the TAB last week looked great.

On 14/08/2017 at 6:04 PM, hedley said:

Thanks for your help Rumpy..i'll firstly try to get Susanne to ring the Tahuna Store which is my traditional outlet, which had their subscription halted..to get that reinstated as the proprietor is willing and still able to hold the stock of BestBets.,

..failing that i'll talk to Susanne about getting a home subscription.,,

Thanks John ;)

The Tahuna store is stocking them now and i got my copy about 10:15.a.m. today

4 lines of form i see..that's an upgrade.

Thanks for your help and concerne Rumpy :)