RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gubellini

Hidden Action

Hidden Action makes his debut in Race 4 at the Sunshine Coast today. He is a 6g by Hidden Dragon. Ran last in a 1050m Trial at Deagon so obviously not worth a cold pie. He is a half brother to Buffering winner of 19 from 51 and $7,238,955. How can their dam the Anabaa mare Action Annie leave two such contrasting types? Comments please!

3 hours ago, gubellini said:

Hidden Action makes his debut in Race 4 at the Sunshine Coast today. He is a 6g by Hidden Dragon. Ran last in a 1050m Trial at Deagon so obviously not worth a cold pie. He is a half brother to Buffering winner of 19 from 51 and $7,238,955. How can their dam the Anabaa mare Action Annie leave two such contrasting types? Comments please!

Two words: 

mendels peas - look it up.

http://anthro.palomar.edu/mendel/mendel_1.htm?sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjSq-GKxMnVAhVMNbwKHaOEDH4Q9QEIDjAA

Inheritance only partly explains the issues, probability (genetic lottery) is the another part of the equation...or in other words one horse won the lottery and other didn't. In sires therefore, were those good bits not there OR RECESSIVE in that horse??

this is only one answer.....

2 hours ago, Rhodesy said:

Hdden Action is inbred to Danzig 3mx3m which could explain his lack of racetrack speed.

Exactly Rhodesy. Danzig over Danzig has been a disaster.

While someone may point out a success they don't point out the other 999 out of a 1000 that fail.

Buffering was by Mossman. Danzig free!!!!!!!

If you have a Danzig line mare then send her to a sire without it.  

4 hours ago, gubellini said:

You only need to look at sales catalogues to see that even mares that leave group winners mostly have stats such as: dam of eleven foals, eight to race, four winners etc etc. One will be a stakes winner, a couple the winner of minor races and the rest?? - maybe pet food! Makes you realize how much money goes down the gurgler in service fees when you read sales catalogues thoroughly! Of course there are occasionally exceptions, but not often.

Hidden action missed the start at deagon trial heat 14 by ten lengths and was held together to go down by 4.9.over 1050 A week later over 800 at beaudesert with sheree drake came out clean and got beater 2 lengths under a hold! He is in pacifyers and cross over ! And now he is acting like a race horse hopefully will go back to blinkers! He stood flat footed again today at the sunshine coast was prob 9 off at the 600 beaten 7.7 ! He has had major issues in behavour mostly and has backed up 3 weeks in a row to race and may also have been a bit flat!!

18 hours ago, gubellini said:

He stood in the barrier and gave them ten lengths and couldve won the trial with melody obrian! Thar was only his second time in the barriers! Thats what trials are for! Now that he is behaving! The pacifyers will come off and try to get some one ro get him out ! He stood flat footed at sunshine coast and didnt find his legs till the turn beaten 7.7 ! He couldve went to nanango , but i thought he is a better horse than that! He has been a real problem horse, with stopping and bucking! !dont sell him out just yet! He can break 33 !!he is in a stable with poor strike rate!!

Longfella thanks for that information on Hidden Action. Good luck with him. Only started this thread to illustrate the vagaries of breeding. Their might be an underlying  physical reason why he is stopping and bucking in his work. Has he ever had bone chips removed or back problems?

He had his neck and back out and robert humphys put it back in!! He had two tendon injuries before i got him, hes 17.2 and 650 kgs and  was gelded late ! I started with cytec shoes than on transition blue pegusis shoes and now a rolled toe .now hes sound again ill lengthen the toe slightly, i work him 3 days a week slow 30 second sectionals! !he hates the whip! The track work rider i was useing decided to take the whip to him , and undid my work!he was stopping at the winning post and cross over ' long story i better not keep boring you! But i am also his owner trackwork rider and farrier!! He can gallop !!! Slow out twice with melody obrien ! hes 6 and has had a lot of problems ! Slow out of the barriers yes slow no!!he gets 30 mins walker and 2 laps of the pool!aswell

Longfella not boring at all! Massive horses like this can be prone to wind problems such as recurrent langyreal neurothapy (paralysed larynx). This can lead to bad behaviour like stopping while working and bucking. Interested to know if you have had him scoped since taking him over? Best wishes.