RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Patiti

WOODVILLE ABANDONED

Inclined to agree with Patiti on this ... the region has been hammered with rain over a long period .. the water table is well up ... forecast has been poor for this period for quite some time ... we all want to be optimistic but it's more important that we be realistic ...

Have noticed that in recent times there seems to have been a bit more notice given and planning with the venue changes/race day abandonments so this one seems not quite so well done .. but maybe there are matters of which I'm not aware.

Lower NI has had a pr#ck of a wet winter so everything racing and rural's a battle down there just now and I hope for them that the rain doesn't continue all the way through spring.  

J.     

The reason why it wouldn't of been rescheduled is because there is plenty more racing in Central Districts in the coming weeks. Yes it has been a wet winter all round but this is why the whole industry needs to look towards the future and clubs and course like Woodville that are dying at quick rate of knots need to realise that racing has to consolidate.

If this Meeting had gone ahead this is what the Central Distracts August schedule would of looked like:

31st July - Awapuni (Moved for the Ryder Stakes)

3rd  August - Hawera

10th August- Woodville

19th August- Tauherenikau

20th August- Whanganui

24th August- Woodville

26th August - Taranaki

31st August - Otaki 

2nd September - Hastings (premier meeting)

From the 19th to the 26th there are four meetings in the central districts which are going to receive similar numbers if tracks are going to stay the same which is probably the case. So Abandoning Woodville the other day is not going to make much of a difference.

2 hours ago, Racing101 said:

The reason why it wouldn't of been rescheduled is because there is plenty more racing in Central Districts in the coming weeks. Yes it has been a wet winter all round but this is why the whole industry needs to look towards the future and clubs and course like Woodville that are dying at quick rate of knots need to realise that racing has to consolidate.

If this Meeting had gone ahead this is what the Central Distracts August schedule would of looked like:

31st July - Awapuni (Moved for the Ryder Stakes)

3rd  August - Hawera

10th August- Woodville

19th August- Tauherenikau

20th August- Whanganui

24th August- Woodville

26th August - Taranaki

31st August - Otaki 

2nd September - Hastings (premier meeting)

From the 19th to the 26th there are four meetings in the central districts which are going to receive similar numbers if tracks are going to stay the same which is probably the case. So Abandoning Woodville the other day is not going to make much of a difference.

So with that abandoned their is only 1 CD meeting in 16 days . Your argument is flawed.Also I wouldn't really classify Taranaki as a Predominately CD meeting as is actually closer to the Waikato than the eastern side of the ranges.

2 hours ago, puha said:

So with that abandoned their is only 1 CD meeting in 16 days . Your argument is flawed.Also I wouldn't really classify Taranaki as a Predominately CD meeting as is actually closer to the Waikato than the eastern side of the ranges.

I don't know where you went to school but clearly you didn't pass maths because the 10th to the 19th is 9 days, Tauherenikau is part of the central districts.  Well If you consider the majority of horse that race in Taranaki are CD horse it safe to say its more CD than Waikato.

35 minutes ago, Racing101 said:

I don't know where you went to school but clearly you didn't pass maths because the 10th to the 19th is 9 days, Tauherenikau is part of the central districts.  Well If you consider the majority of horse that race in Taranaki are CD horse it safe to say its more CD than Waikato.

Woodville was cancelled on the 10 th so that makes 1 race meeting between the  3rd and 19 th of August . The Naki  meeting  Is a CD meeting but you will find at least 70 % of horses that race their are from New Plymouth or the Waikato .

I personally believe that figure is incorrect as majority of horse are either Taranaki or CD Trained but we are entitled to the differences in opinion. You also have to remember that a lot of the CD Horses went to the Winter Cup Carnival. If you had also seen the nominations for the races these are horse that raced at hawera and struggle to get out of maiden grade.