RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jess

Livestream/Archiving Stallion Parades

Title says it all really folks - just had to sigh a little when the latest pamphlet and email arrived today inviting me to stallion parades I'd love to attend but can't for the same reasons a lot of you probably can't either  (too far away, too busy working to earn $ to pay stallion fees etc).  There are also other reasons too of course - like disabled breeders who find it really hard to get to the parades let alone around the place once they are there ....

I reckon it would be an awesome service if someone videoed these then made them available for viewing after?

I think it would provide authentic, raw information to breeders - which can be valuable alongside the edited/selective marketing material in which the studs naturally want to show their stallions in the best possible light (even if the final (marketing) "cut" of the video was the first time ever that they managed to get the beast to walk on 4 legs not 2 in the parade ring!! :rolleyes:

I see there was a sponsor on one of my pamphlets - any takers to sponsor this initiative?  Or maybe NZTB could step up (just got your account fellas - and we're nearly up to $200 per annum .... ) 

Just a bit of FOMO I guess and a thought on what could be done so peops like me would not feel we were missing out quite so much .... J  

Thanks for the feedback Woodbine.

I really don't think it need be too expensive to implement - obviously would require the cooperation/consent of the studmasters & someone fairly proficient to film (including whatever commentary was provided on the day) and then post it (warts and all) somewhere on the net that breeders could access it.   

I do think though because it is going to be a relatively "raw" product - it has to be done with fairness and integrity - if someone's horse is naughty - they don't get to "retake" or edit the footage because they're best mates with whoever's doing the filming or putting the package together.  It's a video of the parade as it happens.  It needs to be a level playing field that everyone signs up for (hope that doesn't sound harsh but the studs have every opportunity to post their own carefully choreographed footage on their own sites for marketing their horses and what I'm proposing is nothing different than what people would've seen if they could have attended ...).

Cheers, J

It would be a good idea but if it was going to happen to be fair it would have to be offered to all registered stallions which I can not see happening. When they first started offering the videoing of the yearlings for the sales, it was not available to the South Island vendors. I am not sure if this has changed over the last few years as we have not asked about it since.

Not sure about that Dibbles - I guess I was just thinking of the parades - the studmasters go to a bit of effort/risk to put their horses up for public parade and I think would mostly welcome the extra audience the parade would reach if filmed?

All the studs can film their horses any time, any how - and post it on their websites ...I think the fairness side of it comes from simply filming the parade as it occurred - as if you were there - with no special (editing) favors to anyone.

Just my thoughts ...cheers, J

1 hour ago, Franco Ice said:

Thanks for posting the Darley parade.

What a line-up.

Brazen Beau is some specimen. Hasn't he thrown to Bletchingly.

He certainly does.

Golden Horn appeals to me , a champion racehorse who has a lot of his sire about him , really hope he makes the grade.

Great!  Enjoyed that too - as I'm sure many other `cafers will too - thanks for posting.

I hope you are well Peter - nice to see you back here at the Cafe.  Your posts are always worth checking out even in the absence of such impressive horseflesh!

Kind wishes, J