RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Sleepy

Tarzino

I'm wondering about people's thought of Tarzino's chances as a stallion and the type of mares that might suit him?

I'm considering sending a mare to him and I see his positives as having a nice pedigree that suits my mare and I really like the way he won his 3yr old races against competition which has proved quite good.

Possible negatives include that he didn't have success beyond his 3yr old year after promising so much (can anyone confirm if there was a reason?), and I can't remember any successful sires of recent time who have come from winning races such as the Rosehill Guineas and Victoria Derby (very happy to be corrected on this).

i look forward to hearing any thoughts.

Haven't seen the horse personally, however I would say this. He did have a turn of foot. He has good stallions throughout the pedigree (Tavistock, Zabeel, Star Way) and the dam side has a family that has been great throughout Australasia. I see he stands at 16.2 - 1/2 hands so should bring size to his stock. I personally don't really take into account what races they have won except he is a dual group 1 winner that beat quality fields....i think the "sire making races" are the biggest myth going round and just used for marketing material.  What his race performance does tell you is that he was very versatile. He won over 1400, 1600, 2000 and 2500. He obviously showed a bit of ability as a 2yo having placed in his only start. Showed his true ability as a 3yo. Unsure of the 4yo reasons but maybe his mind was focused on stud duties and it was too late in the day to advertise for last season so start a fresh for this season. Only a guess.