RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
chelseacol

Winter Cup

9 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

The Haldon was for 2yos, and despite it being for maidens and an ordinary stake it was considered a prestigious race to win. The feature jump was the Homeby.

That meeting and those races now sadly seem to have disappeared. Very sad that the industry no longer appreciates the value of tradition. Next week is now the only jumps races of the season at Riccarton.

Yes, of course, the Haldon was for 2yos. Thank you, We're Doomed. I think my 5 seconds were up though. It is interesting how some races carried more prestige than stakes back then.

And the Homeby and Koral. What a wonderful jumper. A Grand National Steeplechase winner as well.

Platinum Command "owes" me for last year when I thought he was a home run.

On 8/2/2017 at 5:39 PM, Cubes said:

You had a beer with Cubes' horse last Friday and he was on good form?

Thanks for the invite .

Dodecahedron , our third youngest of two , had football ( Formerly known as "soccer" ) practice after detention earlier today .

Training was cut short due to the mud-ridden pitch being un-playable on here in tropical Christchurch .

Good luck all... 10 race card on Saturday ...

Clearly not as sharp as his owner though ;)

Going to be survival of the fittest over the Carnival (on and off the track).

I went out to Riccarton this morning to have a look at a horse we have trained there. Stunning sunny winters morning with decent frost. I was only out on the back straight where the heel could easily be pushed 3 or 4 cm into the track. But its not loose or wet .... puggy I guess. Definitely heavy.

2 hours ago, Bimbo said:

Does it really deserve to be a Group 3 race?  Luke is second or third favourite, but hasn't even won an Open Handicap.  Last win was in a 10 k Rating 80.

Fair comment. Many races in NZ like that unfortunatley. It certainly isn't the worst.

On 8/1/2017 at 4:55 PM, chelseacol said:

The GN Carnival is nearly upon us - always a great week here in ChCh. Three race meetings in a week - toss in the GN Luncheon and a trot meeting or two and it's almost as tough as Cup Week.

Looking at final Winter Cup noms are there any geniuses out there with a winner ? Pretty skinny market from the TAB I thought with 10 horses under $20....

My thoughts are Doiknowyou $14 then Nashville (yeah a sentimental bet but still the class horse) and  Strolling Vagabond each way at $50.

Look forward to seeing a few Racecafers on course over the week.

Well that was a heck of a start to the carnival.

Great company - ran into Racecafers  Turny & Cubes & Foaming.  Riccarton was stunning - backdrop of mountains and snow on a brilliantly sunny day. And to round it off some cracking racing during the day.

Roll on Wednesday !

12 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

Well that was a heck of a start to the carnival.

Great company - ran into Racecafers  Turny & Cubes & Foaming.  Riccarton was stunning - backdrop of mountains and snow on a brilliantly sunny day. And to round it off some cracking racing during the day.

Roll on Wednesday !

sounds like a tribe not to mess with :P Shame Cubes horse didnt win the last or you might all still be MIA!!!!

On 8/6/2017 at 9:16 PM, jasonmccook1 said:

sounds like a tribe not to mess with :P Shame Cubes horse didnt win the last or you might all still be MIA!!!!

Yes you have that right  !

Possibly a little quieter tomorrow - but who knows.

I'm half way through the study for tomorrow - some interesting races (and I'm fired up about them irrespective of quality etc). Myers might pick up a win or two...? Wonder if the TAB run a book

2 hours ago, chelseacol said:

Yes you have that right  !

Possibly a little quieter tomorrow - but who knows.

I'm half way through the study for tomorrow - some interesting races (and I'm fired up about them irrespective of quality etc). Myers might pick up a win or two...? Wonder if the TAB run a book

Hope you got on Wazuzu Col...boy did they thump that late. I got on at 9's......;)    Should win again if it runs.

1 minute ago, Ohokaman said:

Hope you got on Wazuzu Col...boy did they thump that late. I got on at 9's......;)    Should win again if it runs.

Won very well didn't it Ohoka - yes did ok on it thanks as also got nice slice of quaddie through it.

Very hard to beat tomorrow if it backs up. 

No update on NZR of track conditions this morning - 20 degrees here yesterday. 14 today and then 18 tomorrow.

Had a tiny bit of rain sunday and possibly a couple of showers tonight/in the morning.

You would guess still Heavy 11 and unless get a bit of rain puggy again....