RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
westview

Should I be worried

Race cafe helped needed. I've just read the trot-tech form of a horse I'm a share holder in, the horse is Di'z Luck and it has a form line of 542213. The comment is " notable driving change" should I be worried. I thought I had a descent driver in Gavin Smith but maybe not. This Sunday we have Blair Orange up,should we make it permanent. Thoughts please but be careful Gavin might read your replies.

2 great drivers so no need to worry . You need to worry though about the ability of All Settled Down being a  3 second faster horse than Di"z Luck so 2 nd probably your best chance at Oamaru, still a $100 QUINELLA would be the bet of the day (est from $3.00 to $6.00 ) Gavin Smith who has driven both DL and ASD in most of their races As ASD is unruly and DiZL is very reliable I assume he feels more effort needed to get her underway hence the driving change . Leave the driving selection to your trainer therefore all you need to worry about is having a share in such a great young trotter that will only improve with age .:D

23 hours ago, john legend said:

2 great drivers so no need to worry . You need to worry though about the ability of All Settled Down being a  3 second faster horse than Di"z Luck so 2 nd probably your best chance at Oamaru, still a $100 QUINELLA would be the bet of the day (est from $3.00 to $6.00 ) Gavin Smith who has driven both DL and ASD in most of their races As ASD is unruly and DiZL is very reliable I assume he feels more effort needed to get her underway hence the driving change . Leave the driving selection to your trainer therefore all you need to worry about is having a share in such a great young trotter that will only improve with age .:D

You can't get drivers like Blair permanently unless you have the best or one of the best horses in their age group or gait. You don't.

Gav might have asked Blair to drive Diz Luck himself. Also Gav is a well above average driver.

Fair enough but she was 2year old trotter of the year and you can't take that away. The reason Blair is driving is because Gavin offered Blair the opportunity to drive most of his horses to give him a chance to get to two hundred but Blair being Blair isn't to worried about numbers, good on him.

maybe a 1 off driving change but if clashes occur with stablemates the trainer/ driver needs to decide the best for the team not necessarily best for each owner. In fact trying to get long term commitments from drivers as Sickopunter says is like hearding cats. for small to medium owners and trainers.  :(

13 hours ago, westview said:

Fair enough but she was 2year old trotter of the year and you can't take that away. The reason Blair is driving is because Gavin offered Blair the opportunity to drive most of his horses to give him a chance to get to two hundred but Blair being Blair isn't to worried about numbers, good on him.

I wasn't planning on trying to take that away. Good luck Sunday.

seems like westview has answered his own question. still was seemingly pissed that the trainer chose his other "better"drive  eg should we make Blair our permanent driver?  not a comment from someone happy to help another driver get a milestone at their horses expense.

No just Westview taking the piss and looks like I finally got a bite.i get on well with Blair he's a good bloke

and this is the same horse we let Nathan Williamson bring up a milestone on last year.

On ‎27‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 7:32 PM, westview said:

Race cafe helped needed. I've just read the trot-tech form of a horse I'm a share holder in, the horse is Di'z Luck and it has a form line of 542213. The comment is " notable driving change" should I be worried. I thought I had a descent driver in Gavin Smith but maybe not. This Sunday we have Blair Orange up,should we make it permanent. Thoughts please but be careful Gavin might read your replies.

Looking at the fixed odds this morning Westview you have backed the "big driver change" horse.

I do not know who writes the trottech comments but Gavin Smith is as good as any driver on any track and is a very intelligent driver who knows his opposition so well and drives accordingly

Best of luck today Westview

6 hours ago, westview said:

Bugga out for a spell, not sure about the horse,although I did back the winner,traitor.

I hope I'm wrong and she comes back better but she could have possibly had her best days. Often the way if they have plenty of racing at 2 or 3.

Either way a decent spell looks like the right play and you'll at the least still have a nice broodmare at the end of it.