RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Uriah Heap

David Bain

In the news again with a Podcast by journalist Martin van Beynen titled "Black Hands". This because these words were uttered by David Bain to Police, shortly after the murders.

I don't know how to listen to Podcasts, but am interested to read some of the evidence again. For me there were so many small contentious matters delved into far too deeply, when some fairly obvious facts were barely touched on. 

One such fact is the suicide note - "You are the only one who deserved to stay" - typed on the family computer. The Defence said written by Robin Bain. However, it's in the past tense.It should read "You are the only one who deserves to stay", if written by Robin before he shoots himself.

And why would Robin decide, of all his children, that David deserved to stay? Why him, who openly stated he "hated" his father, argued with him regularly, and was very closely aligned with his mother, in the parents deteriorating relationship. Why not young Stephen; the 14 year old, high achieving, active school boy, who appeared the most normal out of all the family?

What annoys me Dave about the Bain case is, the rubbishing of Robin Bains reputation and memory. From my observations of the case, Robin was a kind, generous soul who gave his all for others. He served in New Guinea for over 10 yrs as a missionary , and was a well liked and respected teacher. Robin was one of the few sane people in the family. His wife was clearly away with the fairy's, and deeply involved in the occult's. It was preposterous to believe the father could or would of done it. All the evidence pointed to David as it did in the Simpson case. It highlights for me just how unpredictable jury trials are.

No, that was a completely unfounded allegation in an attempt to make Robin Bain look bad. There was no factual basis for it. And yes, my judgement of character would be with Robin Bain. I take it bloke, that you would be one of those gullible few, that think David is not a mass murder.

18 minutes ago, aquaman said:

No, that was a completely unfounded allegation in an attempt to make Robin Bain look bad. There was no factual basis for it. And yes, my judgement of character would be with Robin Bain. I take it bloke, that you would be one of those gullible few, that think David is not a mass murder.

Why don't we scrap jury trials and lay off judges Aqua and just get you to judge character from the comfort of your lounge ?

2 minutes ago, chelseacol said:

Why don't we scrap jury trials and lay off judges Aqua and just get you to judge character from the comfort of your lounge ?

A bit harsh Col....that incest allegation was never proven as far as I know, it was a defence ploy to paint Robin Bain as a depraved nutter who would then logically go on to kill his family. Easy to make allegations like that when the only people that could refute them are conveniently dead....:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, chelseacol said:

I take it bloke, that you would be one of those gullible few, that think David is not a mass murder.

More than a few CC, including the ex Rugby player. We will never know . Mr Bain will have to live with his conscience either way.

17 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

A bit harsh Col....that incest allegation was never proven as far as I know, it was a defence ploy to paint Robin Bain as a depraved nutter who would then logically go on to kill his family. Easy to make allegations like that when the only people that could refute them are conveniently dead....:rolleyes:

My main point mate is that Aqua (and many others) feel they know better than everyone else - including those involved in a trial up close. It always amuses me that people can be so sure they know better - when in fact 99% of them have only read a few stories and decided what they believe.

31 minutes ago, bloke said:

Aquaman I have no idea whether David bain  is guilty or not. However, I recall it was presented as eveidence that Robin Bain had committed incest.

The Bains were one srewed up family so good luck working out what went on

Its pretty simple really. The first jury got it right. The prosecution case is how and what happened. David Bain is a mass murderer. The only pity is, he's now out, released because of a flaky jury. I realise he poses no threat to the community, but justice was not served in this instance.

Yes the incest allegation was tendered as part of the defense, but there was no evidence to support it. It was used as part of the defense strategy to try and paint Robin Bain as the culprit. It obviously worked with you bloke.

21 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Its pretty simple really. The first jury got it right. The prosecution case is how and what happened. David Bain is a mass murderer. The only pity is, he's now out, released because of a flaky jury. I realise he poses no threat to the community, but justice was not served in this instance.

Yes the incest allegation was tendered as part of the defense, but there was no evidence to support it. It was used as part of the defense strategy to try and paint Robin Bain as the culprit. It obviously worked with you bloke.

Pretty simple???. WTF. 

4 hours ago, chelseacol said:

So .......there was evidence eh ?

No. From memory an ex boyfriend with an extensive list of convictions, that was an attention seeker, that the defense roped in to start the incest rumour. Somebody had to start it to allow the defense to expand on it. You will be familiar with this tactic with the assault on President Trump. Get an unconfirmed stooge to start the story, then turn it into a fact.

20 hours ago, aquaman said:

No. From memory an ex boyfriend with an extensive list of convictions, that was an attention seeker, that the defense roped in to start the incest rumour. Somebody had to start it to allow the defense to expand on it. You will be familiar with this tactic with the assault on President Trump. Get an unconfirmed stooge to start the story, then turn it into a fact.

Haha dont think with trump there is any need to start a rumour - look at all the material he gives us :-)

Just now, bloke said:

Aquaman it was a friend of Robin Bain's daughter who testified, a very credible witness. 

There were at least two people who testified that Laniet had told them about being sexually abused by her father. These were often people who she didn't know particularly well. She also told people that she'd been raped in Papaua New Guinea when 11 years old and had a black baby, that she'd had a white baby, that she'd had an abortion, that she'd slashed her wrists in a suicide attempt. There was no proof any of these things actually occurred and David Bain himself said he did not believe any of them. 

Laniet was most likely a messed up product of a messed up family and made grandiose statements in an effort to secure attention. One thing she said that was likely true was in telling two or more people that her brother David had called a family meeting that weekend and that she had to go home for it. The fact that she was home at the house on that Sunday night would mean this statement was likely true.

Uriah it was a messed up family so it would be hard to find out what went on. There were however two independant witnesses which throw  doubt on Aquaman's claims that Robin was a wonderful caring man.

After all Aqua thinks that despot Trump is a man of integrity so clearly he is a poor judge of character

Just now, bloke said:

Uriah it was a messed up family so it would be hard to find out what went on. There were however two independant witnesses which throw  doubt on Aquaman's claims that Robin was a wonderful caring man.

After all Aqua thinks that despot Trump is a man of integrity so clearly he is a poor judge of character

Yes Bloke, I picked up on that line of form you were trying to draw on. It's a pity Robin Bain didn't tweet, then we would have some clear insights into his personality.