RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

PBD when?

Now everyone seems happy with the handicapping system I want to raise the question of when should Preferential Barrier draw be in the conditions ? A range could be never,sometimes then always. We have some fast starters  on relatively low ratings so our choice would be always. At present it seems to be clubs decide 1 or 2 PBDs a programme then afew "pbd if sufficient wide spread of ratings . (but not stating any amount). Maybe someone can explain when it should be in the conditions and when it should not. Some courses and distances can have major influence on race result if your horse draws well.. I think perhaps a 15 rating spread could trigger a PBD but I dont like not knowing 

I think use of PBD should vary - especially in North Island where wider ranges of ratings in races  are more common. It is unfair to hang a relative novice  horse that has finally managed to get its maiden win out in the styx against multi  win older horses meeting after meeting till it has finally been out of the money long enough to move down to a more competitive rating. But varying use of PBD will favour different horses week  to week .