RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jasonmccook1

Hasselhoof retired

4 hours ago, mainbrace said:

Over-rated and over-hyped.

13 starts, 6 wins, didn't weigh in only twice!

Beat subsequent stakes performer Bloodstream in his maiden win

Beat stakes performer Aurora Lights in his second win, running the 1600m in 1:34.46

Beat subsequent stakes performer El Pescado in his third win

Won the G2 Rich Hill mile at his 6th start, beating subsequent Group 1 winners - Consensus and Thee Auld Floozie and G1 performer Rasa Lila

Went on to be stakes placed in Australia behind G1 performer Allergic

Then he was G1 placed himself behind Willie Cazals (2nd in G1 Hong Kong Vase) and Humidor (1st G1 Australian Cup)

Shall I go on???? or is that enough for me to prove the point that he was far from "over-rated and over-hyped"

1 hour ago, Berlog said:

13 starts, 6 wins, didn't weigh in only twice!

Beat subsequent stakes performer Bloodstream in his maiden win

Beat stakes performer Aurora Lights in his second win, running the 1600m in 1:34.46

Beat subsequent stakes performer El Pescado in his third win

Won the G2 Rich Hill mile at his 6th start, beating subsequent Group 1 winners - Consensus and Thee Auld Floozie and G1 performer Rasa Lila

Went on to be stakes placed in Australia behind G1 performer Allergic

Then he was G1 placed himself behind Willie Cazals (2nd in G1 Hong Kong Vase) and Humidor (1st G1 Australian Cup)

Shall I go on???? or is that enough for me to prove the point that he was far from "over-rated and over-hyped"

Going by this and your other postings Berlog - your a Logan supporter.

Id rather have Consensus and Thee Auld Floozie any day than Hasselhoof.

He was just a average horse. Well placed in races he won.

22 minutes ago, mainbrace said:

Irrelevant of who I support

Just because he was well placed doesn't automatically make him beat Consensus and Thee Auld Floozie, he did that himself.

He wasn't a superstar but he was far better than an average over-hyped and over-rated horse

Consensus and Thee Auld Floozie won the races in Hasselhoof last two starts in the better fields (than the Rich Hill). Consensus won the G1 Zabeel Classic.

He was just a average over-hyped and over-rated horse.

1 hour ago, mainbrace said:

He clearly wasn't an average horse. I know I've owned lots of average horses.

I'm picking you didnt like the hype - fair enough. But seems a bit churlish to launch into the horse at this stage eh ?

5 hours ago, mainbrace said:

Consensus and Thee Auld Floozie won the races in Hasselhoof last two starts in the better fields (than the Rich Hill). Consensus won the G1 Zabeel Classic.

He was just a average over-hyped and over-rated horse.

Lose some money on the punt with him? Bitter punter vibe I getting.

Group 2 winner, Group 1 placed that did have big ability but maybe issues/injury caused him from not achieving more? 

Certainly a class galloper when he was on-song, I don't think anyone can deny him that

5 hours ago, Happychappy said:

Certainly was a very good horse,however I would not call him a champion,that term is used very loosely today IMO.I would call Kingston Town,Black Caviar,Balmerino,Rough Habit CHAMPIONS

Not sure that anyone was calling him that? 

6 hours ago, jess said:

Well maybe my sights are lower `cause I'd take one like him anyday!

All the best to him for his new career as (presumably) a benevolent and well fed granny-gelding :)

Would you like to have owned him at the point that you had paid $14,000 to be a part of it or the over a million dollar syndication.

Sad for connections, obviously couldn't get it all together after the bleed and leg issues

4 hours ago, Just Looking said:

Would you like to have owned him at the point that you had paid $14,000 to be a part of it or the over a million dollar syndication.

Sad for connections, obviously couldn't get it all together after the bleed and leg issues

Hi JL - my comment did not relate to purchase or lease costs - purely the quality/deeds of the horse.  I don't give out the label champion lightly and he's not that - but he's done more than anything I've owned/bred so I guess in that regard he doesn't look too shabby to me.