RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
The Crucible

Individual Knockout Comp - Results thread

Race 8:

Neither on the winner and with two races to go Geoff leads by just under $100.

One selection in common and one different selection in the last two races.  Ponderosa has the first two favourites in the last race so it would appear that Ponderosa needs #2 Taking Aim to win the next at Rosehill or at the very least to finish second to Pariah.

Final Result:

Nice quinella to Ponderosa but not enough to catch our knockout champ:  Geoff 

Congrats Geoff - very well deserved.  Nice for you to win something ahead of what is likely to another "close but no cigar" Super campaign :)

Thanks to all who entered the comp.

Geoff wins a $20 bet on the Houston Astros to win the American League (currently paying $3).  Nice win today over division rivals and moved a game further ahead of the Red Sox in the race for top seeding in the AL play-offs.

Well done, Geoff. 

You came from ranked 30-something to finish up No. 1 !

I think you must have been giving everyone the "swerve" in the seeding round. :D

I guess the question is now ....can the Blues still afford you ? :)

Thanks for an entertaining comp, TC, and well done to you Ponderosa for beating all bar Geoff in this comp to finish a very commendable No. 2. 

Congratulations Geoff, too good today and easily the most consitant selector throughout the competition.

You missed out on a couple of winners by the barest of margins and if they'd got up you would have given me an absolute toweling.

Thank You TC for taking the time and putting in the major effort of running the comp, very enjoyable and entertaining.

Cheers to all. 

3 hours ago, Right first time said:

I understand that Geoff is already lining up at the Deed Poll office as we speak applying for a name change from 'Lastof40' to instead now be 'Firstof36'.

The classic feather duster to rooster story ............. :D

No, I am hanging on to the LastOf40 name, gained in 2006 after a less than auspicious competition.

A reminder that in this game you can be back to a feather duster in no time at all.