RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Te Aroha Abandonded

They made the right decision to move the meeting but Midget is correct to some degree. The majority of NZ racecourse aren't up to scratch and clubs need to start realising that and maybe start combining with other clubs or soon they wont have the choice. 

24 minutes ago, Racing101 said:

They made the right decision to move the meeting but Midget is correct to some degree. The majority of NZ racecourse aren't up to scratch and clubs need to start realising that and maybe start combining with other clubs or soon they wont have the choice. 

That will never happen as not many of them have common sense 

4 hours ago, Midget said:

Listen Army, I suspect you're one of the sheep grazing in the middle of the track, and you shouldn't be on that computer.

If you are in fact a human ( a version of the species because you sure aren't the same type as me ), and God forbid you're involved in that club's committee, then I'll rest my case and use you as compelling evidence that my earlier suggestion the club was run by amateur idiots has been well and truly confirmed.

Gee you are just such a nasty person.  You just attack people all the time what is your problem. It is just a shame that people on here cant express their opinions without you being so nasty. Everyone has a right to their own opinions as long as they own them. It is not right for you to say your opinion is wrong and yo are a sheep grazing in the middle of a track. Respond if you want but dont be so critical and nasty. Life is way too short. With that I am ending my conversation with you. You can believe what you want about me and I dont care because I can sleep at night because I dont resort to beong nasty to people who dont agree with me. I accept their choice to have their own options. 

2 hours ago, Racing101 said:

I totally agree most clubs are still run by the stalwarts who have been there from the beginning but we are in 2017 not 1945 and facilities, tracks and staffing need a major upgrade.

The reason these stalwarts are still there is because none of the younger generation are interested, without them, there wouldn't be a racing club.

1 minute ago, Shad said:

The reason these stalwarts are still there is because none of the younger generation are interested, without them, there wouldn't be a racing club.

I am not sure on that Shad, some of them are very reluctant to let go of one of the last bastions of the old boys club.

1 minute ago, barryb said:

I am not sure on that Shad, some of them are very reluctant to let go of one of the last bastions of the old boys club.

Fair call, and i can see your point, maybe you need to band up some new blood going forward.

Just now, barryb said:

5 minutes ago, barryb said:

That's more the truth. If your not related or part of the inner circles your wasting your time. 

Isn't that the reason young people aren't interested, because useless fat old stale males with no idea about hospitality or entertainment have tried to make the industry their own ??

FYI this is an entertainment business.

If you invested in young bright intelligent people of both genders you might just create something relevant to the modern world, and that's what the great companies of the world do.

Can some one please explain What in the last 10 / 15 years has gone wrong with our tracks.I have been involved in racing for 52 odd years. We never had these problems years ago. Please don't blame OSH

Midget is bang on, some of these old stale males are hanging around and ruining the future for everyone.

Step aside, open up membership to anyone who wants to apply. Forget this shit about getting nominated and seconded, we need everyone thats interested not just the selected few.

Even the RSA has figured that out.

1 hour ago, barryb said:

Midget is bang on, some of these old stale males are hanging around and ruining the future for everyone.

Step aside, open up membership to anyone who wants to apply. Forget this shit about getting nominated and seconded, we need everyone thats interested not just the selected few.

Please tell me where in this day and age you have to nominated and seconded to join any Racing Club.

5 hours ago, barryb said:

and where are the young people queuing up to take over

11 hours ago, Insider said:

Bullshit. 

I think you will find its still in use to be nominated to join quite a few clubs.

In actual fact, maybe you should have done a google search before shouting out bullshit and looking a fool.

I looked at Te Rapa, Wanganui, Matamata, Tauranga, Pukekohe & Race all of which still require the process except Race, I couldn't be bothered looking any further.

58 minutes ago, barryb said:

I think you will find its still in use to be nominated to join quite a few clubs.

In actual fact, maybe you should have done a google search before shouting out bullshit and looking a fool.

I looked at Te Rapa, Wanganui, Matamata, Tauranga, Pukekohe & Race all of which still require the process except Race, I couldn't be bothered looking any further.

OK barryb, I will concede.

Yes it will be in their archaic rules, but I bet that I don't ask the intending member to go and get the two signatures anymore!

RACE being a relatively new organisation most likely has updated constitutions for each of the member clubs. I hope so anyway!