RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
kdt

Hong Kong Season

49 minutes ago, La Zip said:

Not entirely convinced by your comments "the very best trainers in the world".  I would vehemently oppose any of my horses being trained by a "local" trainer. If you read the track work and watch the trials, I'm absolutely gobsmacked how some have a license to train, including some of the long term local trainers.  Unless of course, all is not as it seems...oh, that's right, couldn't possibly be anything questionable happening in Hong Kong, could there be?  I think there is a considerable amount of "smoke & mirrors" and no asks the question!  

That's a fair point regarding the trainers. But in order for the overseas trainers to get a licence they generally have to have won a premiership or done something exceptional in their home country first. I was probably a wee bit general with my previous comment. 

1 hour ago, Racing101 said:

Anyone who believes Hong Kong trainers are great are idiots. Those people don't know how to train and have they have no idea about the horses they are buying.

What are you on about?. Are you referring to "local" trainers or the likes of Paul O'Sullivan, John Size etc. if it is the latter category you need to give yourself an upper cut and I would say give yourself another one for the local trainers as well.

2 hours ago, Racing101 said:

Anyone who believes Hong Kong trainers are great are idiots. Those people don't know how to train and have they have no idea about the horses they are buying.

Greatest trainers in the world and in many cases that's the only way you can get in there. The local trainers have nearly always had an amazing grounding under trainers of the same ilk.

Do you guys actually know what you are talking or have you looked into it?? I have seen on so many occasions recently that they buy horses that are breed to stay and raced over a distance in other countries and they are running them over sprint trips .  I will give you guys an example they bought a horse from France that had won both its starts at 2000m as 2yr and then raced it over 1000-1600m after that. 

So you guys tell me is that good training??

1 minute ago, Racing101 said:

Do you guys actually know what you are talking or have you looked into it?? I have seen on so many occasions recently that they buy horses that are breed to stay and raced over a distance in other countries and they are running them over sprint trips .  I will give you guys an example they bought a horse from France that had won both its starts at 2000m as 2yr and then raced it over 1000-1600m after that. 

You are only looking at things in a way that you feel suits you. More often than not well performed horses from overseas come in prohibitively highly rated. This is a way to bring them down in the handicaps and not put too much pressure on them while they are acclimatizing. It's very commonly done in HK. And no, not just by "local" trainers. By the way do you consider Caspar Fownes and Tony Cruz local trainers? Or just Chinese trainers? Consider your answer carefully.

10 minutes ago, Racing101 said:

My understanding, some trainers have control of what goes in their stable and ensure that the horse that they will only train a pre -approved horse like Moore/ Size etc. Some other trainers don't have the luxury of choice so have to train them whether there are suitable races for the horse or not - I imagine a horse as you mention might of been a pre - purchase or an agent purchase that would be put into a trainer's stable. 

Racing 101 is on the button, also, while you may think it irrelevant look at some of the stupid, crazy and senseless names they give previous lovely named horses? Respect for the animal? The local trainers are useless and I'm being kind, many of those well performed horses from other nations that are unlucky enough to end their lives in HK, lose all form, and are put under pressure by poorly educated locals, all protected by the protocols available to them by their ''network' in HK business/Government and or the jockey club itself.......none of mine will ever knowingly find themselves with a local trainer in HK! maybe through necessity a well performed ex-pat, yes. The likes of M Freedman especially!

Could I add, should one of mine go to an established ex-pat in HK, it will be with a written contract for a return ticket!......at my expense, that's the respect I have for my home breds.

On 24/07/2017 at 7:26 AM, La Zip said:

Racing 101 is on the button, also, while you may think it irrelevant look at some of the stupid, crazy and senseless names they give previous lovely named horses? Respect for the animal? The local trainers are useless and I'm being kind, many of those well performed horses from other nations that are unlucky enough to end their lives in HK, lose all form, and are put under pressure by poorly educated locals, all protected by the protocols available to them by their ''network' in HK business/Government and or the jockey club itself.......none of mine will ever knowingly find themselves with a local trainer in HK! maybe through necessity a well performed ex-pat, yes. The likes of M Freedman especially!

Can you please explain what you mean by poorly educated locals? Also a huge number of HK owners end up sending them back to where they came from or to a nice retirement paddock somewhere. I have someone looking to buy next year and one of the first things he said was that he wants them to have a nice place back in NZ to retire to.

On 24/07/2017 at 3:26 AM, La Zip said:

I think Chris So and Tony Cruz would probably beg to differ with you. Chris has a fine strike rate and Tony won just about as much prize money as John Size!

Maybe you would be better being more specific with your examples?

Previous Season Up to Race Meeting of 16/07/2017 Current Season
(Overseas records not included)
All ST Turf ST AWT HV Turf 
Trainers' Ranking View in Percentage
Trainer Win 2nd 3rd 4th 5th Total Runs Stakes Won
J Size 95 75 50 64 43 541 $120,752,163
J Moore 67 50 55 50 35 537 $155,263,295
C Fownes 61 35 44 44 53 569 $56,397,330
W Y So 56 35 37 44 31 495 $48,362,110
A S Cruz 50 74 46 53 62 594 $118,534,493
C S Shum 48 36 55 41 43 542 $60,154,053
P F Yiu 45 44 34 40 34 453 $52,324,675
Y S Tsui 39 36 61 42 37 574 $43,533,143
C H Yip 39 30 40 36 48 569 $42,365,115
D J Hall 37 35 32 25 25 374 $39,046,200
A T Millard 36 32 32 41 42 445 $37,826,575
D E Ferraris 33 39 47 42 45 459 $34,938,110
L Ho 30 33 21 23 26 403 $28,253,685
T P Yung 28 42 28 31 50 454 $34,341,950
P O'Sullivan 27 39 57 47 27 443 $46,696,725
K W Lui 23 35 26 25 20 359 $41,416,950
K L Man 20 28 32 40 35 466 $24,139,085
R Gibson 20 21 28 27 30 316 $22,199,620
A Lee 19 30 26 24 43 437 $19,385,125
C W Chang 16 25 22 31 31 385 $17,584,700
D Cruz 8 19 25 16 21 301 $12,215,925
T K Ng 8 13 7 20 15 248 $8,122,475

On 7/23/2017 at 1:41 PM, Sickopunter said:

You are only looking at things in a way that you feel suits you. More often than not well performed horses from overseas come in prohibitively highly rated. This is a way to bring them down in the handicaps and not put too much pressure on them while they are acclimatizing. It's very commonly done in HK. And no, not just by "local" trainers. By the way do you consider Caspar Fownes and Tony Cruz local trainers? Or just Chinese trainers? Consider your answer carefully.

The guy is a obvious dill... why waste time with him... to be there you HAVE to be good... or you simply don't survive.... 101 needs a few uppercuts!!!!