RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

If a jockey did this ......

This is how you buy yourself a big fat pokie grant

Doug is Doug Stuart, since convicted of fraud, dishonestly using documents, and theft as a servant.

Murray is.....guess who.....

NZTR is clerly involved, as the dumb as fuck village idiot 

For nearly eight years the Midget has raved about the skullduggery in racing administration in the deep South.  So much so that I have doubted his thought process.

Then he dumps these emails in front of us.  He has not been raving.  He has been understating the seriousness of the matter.

Just like the apostle Thomas, I have been wrong in my doubts about the Midget.  I will save you all from the 1662 litany's confession.

Thank you TN.

I can assure you though that is not the tip of the iceberg, this is in fact the tip of the tip of the iceberg.

Sadly NZTR was deeply involved too at all levels as they tried to orchestrate grants, four million in one month at one stage, just as HRNZ was heavily involved with the O'Briens.

What I cannot understand is how the RIU can bully and bash licencees into oblivion, but they happily turn a blind eye to all this white collar crime that's happening right under their noses, and to make matters worse Acklin still occupies a seat on the Members Council.

Why oh why do the trainers and jockeys tolerate this shit, your Quirkes, Acklins, Kleins and Co ( I could name dozens of others but I can't be bothered ) do whatever they want, misappropriating money, living extravagant lives using pokie proceeds, drinking the best wines and eating at the best restaurants, using pokie money to get private boxes at Forsyth Barr for rugby tests, then charging hundreds of dollars to travel to watch those tests, staying in flash hotels using pokie money, taking "incentives" in return for grants, and the industry just puts up with it yet the true battlers ( trainers and jockeys ) get bashed and bullied if they park in the wrong spot.

NZ racing is corrupted and it's a sad fucking joke.

1 minute ago, turny said:

What a fken disgrace - Why are the Copppers not involved - these mongrels should be dealt with.

Why are NZR sitting on their hands - another bloody disgrace

Duhhhhhh......because NZTR was involved, as were most of the major clubs in the South Island.

NZTR saw it as a solution not a crime and they tried to get millions from this crowd, I have all the applications for NZTR funding here.

From memory NZTR tried to get over four million in the first few months the new board was appointed.

The NZTR applications range from grants for salaries, hardware, to new computer systems, even funds to pay the handicapper !!!

It's all just crude chicanery of course, but it happened.

Thankfully they didn't apply for a sausage roll grant as that'd have sent the pokie trust broke.

6 minutes ago, turny said:

Then its worse than I first thought - so we just let them march on - crooks

It's only a crime if a jockey or trainer is involved, otherwise it's ok and those who orchestrate this criminal activity get appointed to head office positions, or significant roles in their local racing clubs.

One day I might write a short book on the subject, it's quite some story and involves names that sit right at the top of the racing administrative pile, many of whom are still there now, still living a lie about what they've done or are likely to do for racing.

The only real comfort now is that these predators and parasites can no longer access unlimited funds because the pokies proceeds are now largely under the control of the TAB, although having said that the NZRB happily breached the Gaming Act law by giving themselves grants to fund the RIU when it was first set up ( oh the irony there ) before they had their C4 gaming licence.

16 minutes ago, turny said:

So is the upshot that these crooks have got away with it and can't be touched?

Sure is, most of these crimes have "timed out" under the Gaming Act law which is only two years for prosecution.

The industry turns a blind eye to these crimes though, as does the NZTR Integrity Committee and the RIU. I'd be keen to hear why they choose to ignore these vile transgressions though.

That said they've just appointed Berrrnarrrrd Saundry and he's got pro "pokie history" too so they've clearly decided that this type of behaviour is not just tolerable, it's to be encouraged !!!

21 minutes ago, turny said:

I now understand why Riccarton Park gets 120 people on course each day they race - and not one person under 35 - the game is totally  fucked

Funny you should mention Riccarton.....prominent members of that club provided secret trust accounts to channel the "investments" and proceeds.

Google " Hagley Trustees #10 pokies" if you want a read that'll make you cringe.

This certainly seems to have moved on from being in the category of "rumor and innuendo". 

This is now entering the realms of serious allegations with an evidential basis.

And yet what is the response from the administration, the RIU and the board? 

Deafening silence so far ...

24 minutes ago, Midget said:

Sure is, most of these crimes have "timed out" under the Gaming Act law which is only two years for prosecution.

The industry turns a blind eye to these crimes though, as does the NZTR Integrity Committee and the RIU. I'd be keen to hear why they choose to ignore these vile transgressions though.

That said they've just appointed Berrrnarrrrd Saundry and has got pro "pokie history" too so they've clearly decided that this type of behaviour is not just tolerable, it's to be encouraged !!!

Hmmm...I had wondered when those emails might see the light of day, but not for a while though. I was under the impression that there was no limitation for prosecution of serious fraud? I hope that the evidence has at least made its way to the SFO by now.

You really have to question whether the industry, even the NZRB, should have a C4 licence or in fact anything to do with pokie fund administration. Hopefully, some astute politician will raise that question leading into the election.

2 minutes ago, jess said:

This certainly seems to have moved on from being in the category of "rumor and innuendo". 

This is now entering the realms of serious allegations with an evidential basis.

And yet what is the response from the administration, the RIU and the board? 

Deafening silence so far ...

Some members of the current board were involved at the time so must have known what was going on, on that basis it'll be the usual explanation, that being " we didn't benefit directly so it's not a crime ".

As far as i'm concerned, the JCA, and the useless fuxking wive stealing RIU, are even bigger parasites, as they suck off pokie money to pay their own inflated salaries. The whole stinking mess has its foundations on peoples misery.

Fuck the plot thickens...if this hits the news, young newcomers to racing will refuse to even attend a race meeting

6 minutes ago, Midget said:

Funny you should mention Riccarton.....prominent members of that club provided secret trust accounts to channel the "investments" and proceeds.

excuse my ignorance Midget, congrats on gathering all the facts,...write that book...might be a bestseller...call it, Fat Cats... "Fuck NZ Racing" ! 

suppose the Nth Island has been tainted by pokie money in a similar fashion?.

what is the police / racing minister / Govts take on all this?....

With the TAB now controlling funds, is that why we are seeing increases in stakes? / marketing / etc

15 minutes ago, Midget said:

those who orchestrate this criminal activity get appointed to head office positions, or significant roles in their local racing clubs.

One day I might write a short book on the subject, it's quite some story and involves names that sit right at the top of the racing administrative pile, many of whom are still there now, still living a lie about what they've done or are likely to do for racing.

The only real comfort now is that these predators and parasites can no longer access unlimited funds because the pokies proceeds are now largely under the control of the TAB. 

Or am I just Ignorant? and this is normal practice in financial NZ big buisness and its big-wigs?... Most come un-stuck though !

7 minutes ago, Leggy said:

Hmmm...I had wondered when those emails might see the light of day, but not for a while though. I was under the impression that there was no limitation for prosecution of serious fraud? I hope that the evidence has at least made its way to the SFO by now.

You really have to question whether the industry, even the NZRB, should have a C4 licence or in fact anything to do with pokie fund administration. Hopefully, some astute politician will raise that question leading into the election.

20 million a year profit now from the vulnerable, and that's the only growth area as you well know Leggy.

Every time a dear old lady or a solo mother with starving kids hits the button on the pokie machine it gets counted as industry turnover, so if you removed the pokie related turnover and retained profit you'd have about 500 million loss of t/o and 20 million loss of profit.

The bullshit balance sheet might look a bit sick then ( although it'd be honest and accurate, but we don't do honest and accurate in Petone do we ?)

4 hours ago, Midget said:

Google " Hagley Trustees #10 pokies" if you want a read that'll make you cringe.

And that person is smiling away proud off selling of Racecourse Land and NO ONE can find out ......

How much they will receive, when they will receive and if they got the best possible deal.