RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
john legend

lisa cole

8 hours ago, aquaman said:

Good on the Coles, they deserve everything they get. It takes hard work to accomplish what they have achieved. They do not do it by importing ready made stock, but breed their own. They are setting an example that all Greyhound people should aspire to. When you breed from good quality stock, then rear and break in very well, then you can expect to achieve good results. This is not easy, it takes hard work and devotion. The bar has been set, its now up to the rest to come up to that standard.

Well said Aquaman, I agree with what you have posted but remember it wasn't that long ago that they were "importing ready made stock".

Feels just like the other day people in the industry were concerned with the amount of imports landing in NZ and the consequences this would have on racing/breeing. 

I can't undertand why for so long owners would purchase 15-20k dogs from Australia + 3k for landing then place it with a trainer who takes half the prize money. I mean sure if the prize money was on par with Australia. That's not to say their hasn't been some very good dogs arrive in NZ but what would the percentage be for these costly purchases actually returning 30k+ 

Setting dogs for the punt isn't uncommon at at times gets a return back to the connections but as their are know facts/figures lol the topic is inconclusive. 

My comments are with all due respect and without prejudice, just my opinion. I too have imported dogs into NZ and purchased NZ breed.