RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Peter Jenkins

Winter Trans-Tasman Super Comp Grand Final Sat July 15 entries here

The GRAND FINAL Sat July 15

This is it ! The Ultimate Showdown for the Winter Comp honours. Two great teams enter, only one will leave as Champions !

Race 1 - Trentham Race 3 - 1.20pm - Anuka Smoker Wellington Hurdles (PJR) - $75k - 3400m - open hdl

Race 2 - Trentham Race 5 - 2.30pm - Dixon & Dunlop Parliamentary Hdcp - $40k - 2200m - open hdcp

Race 3 - Trentham Race 6 - 3.05pm - Grant Plumbing Wellington Steeplechase (PJR) - $75k - 5500m - open stpl

Race 4 - Trentham Race 7 - 3.40pm - Happy 80th Kevin Gray From Hanley Formula Whyte Hdcp - $40k - 1600m - open hdcp

Race 5 - Trentham Race 8 - 4.20pm - The Green Man Pub Hdcp - $20k - 1400m - R65

Race 6 - Sunshine Coast Race 5 - 4.42pm - Become A Pool Pro Stockist Class 6 Hdcp - $60k - 1600m - Class 6 hdcp

Race 7 - Rosehill Race 7 - 5.10pm - ATC Winter Stks (LR) - $150k - 1400m - qlty hdcp

Race 8 - Caulfield Race 7 - 5.30pm - PFD Food Services Monash Stks (Gr3) - $150k - 1100m - WFA

Race 9 - Sunshine Coast Race 7 - 6.02pm - Pool Pro Queensland Cup (LR) - $150k -3200m - qlty hdcp

Race 10 - Caulfield Race 9 - 6.45pm - OTI Racing Hdcp - $100k - 1400m - hdcp

Race 1A - Te Rapa Race 4 - 1.38pm - Gallagher 1600 - $30k - 1600m - open hdcp

Race 2A - Te Rapa Race 5 - 2.13pm - Group One Turf Bar 1200 - $30k - 1200m - open hdcp

Race 3A - Te Rapa Race 6 - 2.48pm - BGP Battlers 2100 - $25k - 2100m - R85

Race 4A - Te Rapa Race 7 - 3.23pm - Crossroads Waikato's No.1 Pub TAB 1400 - $20k - 1400m - R65

Race 5A - Te Rapa Race 8 - 3.58pm - Lisa Chittick Foxbridge Plate Day 19th August 1600 - $22k - 1600m - R75

DON'T FORGET - one BB allowed in each country (for the round). Please don't post subs with your original post as they will not be accepted. Only post subs if you have a scratching. Good luck everyone !

THE REDS vs THE PRETEND GERS

Lloyd (6/5-2783.80) v Casper (5/6-2060.80)

Gordy (7/4-2563.40) v Tom (5/6-4412.00)

John (7/4-3045.80) v Kay (5/6-2501.20)

Sarah (7/4-2051.20) v Ian (7/4-3294.60)

The Crucible (8/3-2921.80) v Maria (4/7-2198.20)

THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

4412.00 Tom (The Pretend Gers)

4071.00* Cam (The Grim Reapers)

3294.60 Ian (The Pretend Gers)

3254.80* Alan (The Dream Team)

3248.40 Isaac (The Habibies)

3206.00 Steve P (Zig's Warriors)

3191.60 PJ (The Anzac Armadillos)

*10 matches only

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !

P.S. I have been offered a corporate box for Saturday's Arsenal FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers friendly at Sydney's Olympic Stadium. So once again I am asking for John or Maria or someone else to stand in as scorer. Just the one match to keep track of.....please let me know if you can help. Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, Peter Jenkins said:

P.S. I have been offered a corporate box for Saturday's Arsenal FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers friendly at Sydney's Olympic Stadium. So once again I am asking for John or Maria or someone else to stand in as scorer. Just the one match to keep track of.....please let me know if you can help. Thanks in advance.

Oh no Peter - I know it's a corporate box and I know you should never look a gift horse in the mouth, but dirty Arsenal - surely not??

Happy to score on Saturday, and should be able to update after most races, but can't guarantee prompt updates after every race, so more than happy to defer to Maria or one of the other finalists.

3 hours ago, Peter Jenkins said:

THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN

4412.00 Tom (The Pretend Gers)

4071.00* Cam (The Grim Reapers)

3294.60 Ian (The Pretend Gers)

3254.80* Alan (The Dream Team)

3248.40 Isaac (The Habibies)

3206.00 Steve P (Zig's Warriors)

3191.60 PJ (The Anzac Armadillos)

Two Pretend Gers in the Mag Seven, highest team aggregate and they whomped us in the round robin.  Looks like the Gers are firm favourites to win this one, but don't let that concern you fellow Reds - I have faith that we can overcome the odds and pull off one of the greatest upsets in the history of PJ's super comps :)

Hey there John, I'm happy for you to do it and I'll keep a score at the same time and then if you run away somewhere I can chip in with an update, how does that sound :)

Fantastic opportunity PJ, and given that it's your fave team, you can't miss leaky leaky Arsenal in the flesh ;)  I'm a blues supporter but I've admired Arsene Wenger for a long time, and Arsenal's ability to hold on to a Manager :) more than my beloved Chelsea can do .. plus the chance to see Alexandre Lacazette is pretty special.   Have a wonderful day!

Thanks Maria - sounds like a good plan.

Watch out for the horses that can swim on Saturday at Trentham.  Track was Heavy11 this morning and the weather has been atrocious today (at least in the city and lower valley), and is expected to be worse tomorrow.   Will be a hell of a slog and might be a case of first horse to the outside fence in the flat races.

1 hour ago, Peter Jenkins said:

I will post an alternative set of races given how much rain Wellington is scheduled to get today and tomorrow.

Good call PJ. If the Wairarapa is anything to go by, Wellington must be getting bashed big time. Terrible weather.

On 7/12/2017 at 7:44 PM, Chestnut said:

Fantastic opportunity PJ, and given that it's your fave team, you can't miss leaky leaky Arsenal in the flesh ;)  I'm a blues supporter but I've admired Arsene Wenger for a long time, and Arsenal's ability to hold on to a Manager :) more than my beloved Chelsea can do .. plus the chance to see Alexandre Lacazette is pretty special.   Have a wonderful day!

Related image

On ‎12‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 4:48 PM, N1MUE said:

Two Pretend Gers in the Mag Seven, highest team aggregate and they whomped us in the round robin.  Looks like the Gers are firm favourites to win this one, but don't let that concern you fellow Reds - I have faith that we can overcome the odds and pull off one of the greatest upsets in the history of PJ's super comps :)

Nice deflection John

I've read the comments on here, clear to see who the firm favourites are

Reds you must be fav to win this comp too many guns

Reds you have been the best team all season (are you sure you lost to us)

Good luck next week Pretenders you're going to need it

Bookies have installed us as rank outsiders and you guys as RED hot favourites

Besides all 5 Reds have a positive Win/Loss ratio compared to the P/Gers who may have 1 team member with a superior Win/Loss looks to me like Split Ends I see red I see red I see red

So as you can see it's just a matter of by how far for you guys

BTW thanks for the message Ian to post late, is that so we can get the late mail:D

1 hour ago, globederby12 said:

That is an impressive total considering Tom has lost more than he has won. Well done Tom ,take a bow.

Tom earned nearly half of those dollars in one match.  I know because he was playing me - tipped a $100 winner as his best bet.  Hopefully tomorrow is more like the other 10 weeks :unsure:

Ok so I'll be the first to jump in ! Leaving for Sydney at an ungodly hour so no time to post tomorrow and besides someone has to control PJ when Arsenal takes to the pitch ! :o:blink::D

R1.A - 6-7

R2.A- 2-9

R3.A-1-10 BB

R4.A - 2-9

R5.A- 1-10

R6. 2-3

R7. 2-3 BB

R8. 4-7

R9. 4-5

R10. 8-12

GO TEAM REDS.. WE GOT THIS !

38 minutes ago, hesi said:

Good luck today to both teams in the final, will watch from the sideline with interest.

I'll go with the Reds, on sheer consistency, but with Maria and Tom as wildcards for the GERS, if they fire, then the GERS will win.

Yes, we have no banana's!

:D

the scoring is what I am looking forward to ;)