RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
GOM

NZ Stud dogs

4 hours ago, GOM said:

Am I the only one that thinks it strange that the NZGRA advertises frozen semen on it's website but not NZ stud dogs? Is that promoting our industry?

Guess our leader dosnt have a intrest so it dosnt matter...no one around him who he has employed has any intrest in greyhounds or knowledge in them they are directed by him....sad but true

One would think with all the funding given to NZRS, breeders bonuses,etc etc they could spare some to support the few that do make the effort to stand a stud dog.Instead it costs about $2000 to register one these days.

Unfortunately its becoming apparent to me that this once great industry is becoming elitest.

How about some figures made public to show how many participants are benefiting from the NZRS?

AC

NZ has some good sires right now, you only have to look at the likes of what Sergio, scotexcited, piggy back, yella mustard, star conquest have achieved with limited matings as sires. Shame none of them are advertised or promoted here. Than you ad the likes of dyna vikkers, dream collector, and fast archer who are only starting to have litters hit the track, the sires over here are in a strong position

9 hours ago, alltheway!!! said:

NZ has some good sires right now, you only have to look at the likes of what Sergio, scotexcited, piggy back, yella mustard, star conquest have achieved with limited matings as sires. Shame none of them are advertised or promoted here. Than you ad the likes of dyna vikkers, dream collector, and fast archer who are only starting to have litters hit the track, the sires over here are in a strong position

funniest post ever alltheway how many aussies would use some of those dogs you stated  get real if you want to improve your racing you breed to top sires from good bitches  take a leaf out of trots and gallops breed good stock that the aussies want  

You are correct ATW never seen so many talented well bred dogs standing, shame we are all guessing who is  actually on the full list.

Talking of the NZRS I think it is unfair and not achieving what it set out to achieve. Firstly Steve is correct to ask for a breakdown of money distributed throught the scheme over say the last 5 years. I think it will not be spread far. Secondly in a breeding reward scheme I would expect the empahsis would be the younger dogs. At the moment C0 is heavily penalised because invariably when calling for heats for the novice series the heats are made up with mainly of class 1 dogs or in many instances solely of class 1 dogs. The maidens have a tough ask competing against dogs that have aleady won a race let alone being lucky to get a start in the heats at all. I think there needs to be a seperate category for maidens. It makes no sense to see a multi  winner of over $50k competing in a novice series with maidens

1 hour ago, gary1 said:

funniest post ever alltheway how many aussies would use some of those dogs you stated  get real if you want to improve your racing you breed to top sires from good bitches  take a leaf out of trots and gallops breed good stock that the aussies want  

Haha Gary you are good...tell me the top aussie sires you are talking about?...most are average and not worth the cost....grnz have a lab full off aussie failed sires...at least with a nz sire your not paying massive prices for average stud dogs....no one is asking Australians to use our sires......stop trolling and bagging everything on this site

12 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

Haha Gary you are good...tell me the top aussie sires you are talking about?...most are average and not worth the cost....grnz have a lab full off aussie failed sires...at least with a nz sire your not paying massive prices for average stud dogs....no one is asking Australians to use our sires......stop trolling and bagging everything on this site

no steve you need to wake up who would pay top dollar for non chasing sires in nz no one from aust and the sires you point out on the grnz list were picked by who     there's only one recent one that you would use cosmic rumble   and whats wrong with fabregas  barcia bale   magic sprite    and your right pay below average prices for below average stud dogs and 99 per cent of the time what do you get

Gary...most off the marketable aussie sires are in China....if nz sires got the amount off matings the aussie sires did then I guess they would have success as well at quarter off the cost...I'm not bagging aussie sires ..I'm just saying give them a chance as most nz sires have deserved the right to stand......to say they are nonnies   is bit harsh and totally a figment off Yor imagination.. 

41 minutes ago, gary1 said:

no steve you need to wake up who would pay top dollar for non chasing sires in nz no one from aust and the sires you point out on the grnz list were picked by who     there's only one recent one that you would use cosmic rumble   and whats wrong with fabregas  barcia bale   magic sprite    and your right pay below average prices for below average stud dogs and 99 per cent of the time what do you get

Magic sprite has thrown just as many avg dogs has he has good dogs. Look at the numbers he has breed, of course he is going to sire more top dogs when you have 100s more pups than smaller sires

48 minutes ago, alltheway!!! said:

Magic sprite has thrown just as many avg dogs has he has good dogs. Look at the numbers he has breed, of course he is going to sire more top dogs when you have 100s more pups than smaller sires

yep your right atw but half those average dogs would be good dogs over here its just like breeding 500 dogs a year your sure to get 40 to the track

6 hours ago, modest mouse said:

People should stop bagging each other. It's fast becoming worse than Donald Trumps twitter account.

We're are we bagging each other?..we are having a open conversation with a bit off tounge in cheek .....sorry 

22 hours ago, Hound Fan said:

Gary...most off the marketable aussie sires are in China....if nz sires got the amount off matings the aussie sires did then I guess they would have success as well at quarter off the cost...I'm not bagging aussie sires ..I'm just saying give them a chance as most nz sires have deserved the right to stand......to say they are nonnies   is bit harsh and totally a figment off Yor imagination.. 

steve the nz sires which are mostly aussies will never get as many matings as most people would rather import dogs than breed  and to say its figment of my imagination that some of them are nonnies is nonsense look up their history dream collectors litter could nearly wallpaper a wall with the amount of tickets they have  and if you want evidence of how to get good dogs just look at the coles  they use top stud dogs with top bitches 

modest mouse you clearly don't know much about breeding. Where did your stud dog captain coutts come from ? ( bigtime explorer) wonder who breed that dog, I'll give you a hint with the bigtime. Maybe you should think about how Cole Is in the position of being able to breed and have the set up he has got. Maybe it was a little thing that some trainers lack called work ethic.