RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Fartoomuch

Positives at Nelson

1 minute ago, Brodie said:

To be fair we are all guilty of taking the drug Caffeine!

There would probably no adult in the western world that hasn’t taken the drug Caffeine!!

Caffeine is the worlds biggest selling  drug as I understand it!

Caffeine is a LEGAL drug and sold worldwide!

Well, then they have no case to answer.

3 minutes ago, Lee270744 said:

Cobalt is LEGAL to mine and use to treat some types of cancer and it is in stainless steel, jet engines, B12 vitamins and a myriad of other things.

Sorry, didn’t realise that we were all taking Cobalt!

2 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

Says he who introduced humans to the conversation.

Humans take caffeine in several different forms and not illegal.

How is it performance enhancing in humans?

Does it make them run faster or for longer

2 hours ago, Belinda said:

I can't see why anyone would voluntarily give their horses anything with caffeine in it. It is the first thing tested for and has been for at least 40 years..

I agree , it would be highly unlikely as well as dumb for the reasons you suggest.

Interesting is the fact that it is no longer a prohibited substance in sport.

41 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Humans take caffeine in several different forms and not illegal.

How is it performance enhancing in humans?

Does it make them run faster or for longer

Go easy on that coffee mate....

Brodie caffeine is legal but it does have harmful side affects. Athletes (cyclists, runners, mountain climbers etc) used caffeine gels to get an extra boost of energy when needed. I am assured that they work but the effect is short-lived. I have never used them so cannot vouch for this personally. Body builders etc also use caffeine as an energy booster. I do not think it increases performance markedly, so that a weekend jogger could outrun Usain Bolt for example, but it probably increases performance and definitely increases energy. Caffeine does have nasty side affects as you can see below in information I copied from Wikipedia. 

The LD50 of caffeine in humans is dependent on individual sensitivity, but is estimated to be 150–200 milligrams per kilogram of body mass (75–100 cups of coffee for a 70 kilogram adult).[103] A number of fatalities have been caused by overdoses of readily available powdered caffeine supplements, for which the estimated lethal amount is less than a tablespoon.[104] The lethal dose is lower in individuals whose ability to metabolize caffeine is impaired due to genetics or chronic liver disease[105] A death was reported in a man with liver cirrhosis who overdosed on caffeinated mints.[106][107][108]

If Caffeine is easily detected from testing then leading trainers would be well aware of this.

Knowing that if their horses won they would be tested!

On this basis it would seem pretty incredulous that a trainer would somehow give their horses caffeine in any shape,or form prior to racing!

Perhaps there has been some nobbling going on as some have said???

11 minutes ago, Brodie said:

If Caffeine is easily detected from testing then leading trainers would be well aware of this.

On this basis it would seem pretty incredulous that a trainer would somehow give their horses caffeine in any shape,or form prior to racing!

Funny how Dunn' were accused of accidentally treating Kirk Larsen horse when he had a positive and then when they return a couple of positives they turn around and accuse a couple of licence holders.

i hope these licence holders sue the pants off both Dunn's and the riu. I am led to believe some of the questioning by the riu  to these 2 accused (especially the younger one) was quite deceitful in the way it was handled.

normally you see a caffeine positive and you assume some type of contamination of a feed or supplement product. 

All the Dunn's have done here is make them self look very foolish. 

8 hours ago, Brodie said:

To be fair we are all guilty of taking the drug Caffeine!

There would probably no adult in the western world that hasn’t taken the drug Caffeine!!

Caffeine is the worlds biggest selling  drug as I understand it!

Caffeine is a LEGAL drug and sold worldwide!

Once again you are out of your depth I  relation  to HRNZ rules of racing. 

Caffiene is an illegal substance and if you present horses to the races in NZ with it in their  systems you will be charged as R Dunn has been.

7 minutes ago, Fartoomuch said:

Once again you are out of your depth I  relation  to HRNZ rules of racing. 

Caffiene is an illegal substance and if you present horses to the races in NZ with it in their  systems you will be charged as R Dunn has been.

The Brodster is never out of his league in anything!

If he doesn’t know,  he will just make

it up and of course will  “always be on the money”.

14 hours ago, Brodie said:

To prevent confusion going forward would you be kind enough to type the stuff you make up in another colour.

19 hours ago, Brodie said:

Brodie I hope you're not a Ghost-writer for the local creche.  

There must be some really clever trainers that don't know what will show up in a positive. 

Id say they were all nobbled but by who only they would know.

2 hours ago, Kotare_Hunter said:

To prevent confusion going forward would you be kind enough to type the stuff you make up in another colour.

But that would mean everything he says would be in colour. He would be in his element - like a kid in playschool with coloured crayons.

Itz magic has caffeine just have to be careful.10 day witholdingI found a good product. but contamination wrong horse there are many ways to make a mistake.trainers face minefields every day but is part of game.just about all positives would be mistakes as the swabbing process is so robust. Bruce negus for example the most honest bloke in the world got done.whatever happened he wouldn't have done anything dishonest.poor bugger a lifetime in the game and some event gets him a conviction.fortunately u wouldnt find a person in the game who thinks it's deliberate.

3 hours ago, Fartoomuch said:

So much for telling the world he doesn't lie. Of course he doesn't, he just makes it up.

The Brodster never lies!

Always based on fact or experience Fart TooMuch rather than too much air!

2 hours ago, Spikecity said:

But that would mean everything he says would be in colour. He would be in his element - like a kid in playschool with coloured crayons.

Sorry Spike but I do not hang around or go to pre schools, as you must do to know what a kid at preschool looks like

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

The Brodster never lies!

Always based on fact or experience Fart TooMuch rather than too much air!

Your a very confused person. You speak with forked tongue again.

21 hours ago, Brodie said:

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Sorry Spike but I do not hang around or go to pre schools, as you must do to know what a kid at preschool looks like

I can believe that - you never had kids or grandkids and if you do or did never had the time to spend with them when they attended preschool - too busy studying the Best Bets no doubt 

31 minutes ago, Spikecity said:

I can believe that - you never had kids or grandkids and if you do or did never had the time to spend with them when they attended preschool - too busy studying the Best Bets no doubt 

I am thinking that kid at plunket with the Best Bets tucked in the back of his diapers was Brodie.