RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jimbob

PUB TAB

Walk in to the Club Tavern in Christchurch Today at 1pm

I proceed to the  counter to take a withdrawal form

Before I get a chance, the lady asks me if I was wanting money out of my account.

I said yes

She said,  sorry we can't give any money out because we have just done our banking

She did not ask how much I was wanting, 

These Pubs are representing the TAB, the customer service will be the detriment of racing in NZ.

I only wanted $100.00

2 minutes ago, jimbob said:

Before I get a chance, the lady asks me if I was wanting money out of my account.

I said yes

She said,  sorry we can't give any money out because we have just done our banking

These Pubs are representing the TAB, the customer service will be the detriment of racing in NZ.

I only wanted $100.00

Poor effort by them

8 minutes ago, jimbob said:

I said yes

I only wanted $100.00

I went to a pub in Wellington that told me they couldn't cash a voucher for $36.

Send these details to John Allen and Glenda Whatshername. Bombard them with this info and then they might understand why serious punters, the ones that drive revenue, won't go near the NZ TAB when this sort of rubbish has to be put up with.

48 minutes ago, Trump said:

Send these details to John Allen and Glenda Whatshername. Bombard them with this info and then they might understand why serious punters, the ones that drive revenue, won't go near the NZ TAB when this sort of rubbish has to be put up with.

I don't really think the serious punters are the ones being sought.  There is an advertisement playing on the wireless offering a refund of up to $30 if you open an account, bet on a Lions test match and lose your money.  That's thirty dollars not three hundred.  Compare the odds on offer with Betfair or other agencies and you will soon see it's mug punters not serious bettors being sought.  Not saying that is the wrong strategy though.

It's also not necessarily a bad idea making it so hard to get money out from an account.  Encourages punters to simply keep churning their funds away.

My only surprise with this is that anyone could be surprised with this type of service from a pub tab in particular.

There are some TAB's with excellent service but few and far between ,

To be fair ,often frustrations in TAB's can be caused by other customers !

Also I think there is also a current promotion to anyone who opens a new  TAB account.......involves getting a $20 or $25 free bet on a League match !

You need to realise those pubs make no money out of having a TAB, the commission is tiny, and they incur a lot of costs to have them. It is purely a customer service they think might help them gain some drinkers, but increasingly they are realising there is very little interest in Racing from their customers.

Pukekohe TAB does not have any trouble paying money into a bank account. Last time I did this it was on my bank account within 15 minutes. Probably depends which bank it is being paid into

I withdrew some money from the TAB on Monday. Now I do a lot of business with this TAB, and they know me personally. For me to make a withdrawal, they demand photo ID, I have a drivers licence, so no problem. My question is, how do people get on withdrawing money from their acc if they have no photo ID. Having photo ID is not a legal requirement in NZ. There must be acc holders that do not drive, and do not have a passport, so how do they get "their" money out of their account. Is the TAB legally empowered to demand photo ID. When I make a withdrawal from my Bank, they do not require photo ID.

Just now, aquaman said:

I withdrew some money from the TAB on Monday. Now I do a lot of business with this TAB, and they know me personally. For me to make a withdrawal, they demand photo ID, I have a drivers licence, so no problem. My question is, how do people get on withdrawing money from their acc if they have no photo ID. Having photo ID is not a legal requirement in NZ. There must be acc holders that do not drive, and do not have a passport, so how do they get "their" money out of their account. Is the TAB legally empowered to demand photo ID. When I make a withdrawal from my Bank, they do not require photo ID.

You need to verify your identity within a certain amount of time to open an account don't you? Presumably you need photo id to complete the account verification process.   

3 minutes ago, tonkatime said:

You need to verify your identity within a certain amount of time to open an account don't you? Presumably you need photo id to complete the account verification process.   

Not if you opened your account back in the 70's. This photo idea only came into being fairly recently. And was just another demand made by the TAB.

17 minutes ago, aquaman said:

You need photo ID to verify a new account, if your accounts verified and don't have any photo ID you can use a bank card with your name / signature on it...

2 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

You need to realise those pubs make no money out of having a TAB, the commission is tiny, and they incur a lot of costs to have them. It is purely a customer service they think might help them gain some drinkers, but increasingly they are realising there is very little interest in Racing from their customers.

Yep and complaining about it to head office is only likely to convince them they don't need pub tabs at all. Which would be a bloody bad thing

4 hours ago, BackPoonDrinkGoon said:

You need photo ID to verify a new account, if your accounts verified and don't have any photo ID you can use a bank card with your name / signature on it...

They told me, no photo ID, no withdrawal even though they new who I was. If I didn't like it, take it up with management whoever they may be. This from a Workingmans Club with a stand alone TAB. F#cken think it was their bloody money.

31 minutes ago, aquaman said:

They told me, no photo ID, no withdrawal even though they new who I was. If I didn't like it, take it up with management whoever they may be. This from a Workingmans Club with a stand alone TAB. F#cken think it was their bloody money.

They are wrong. 

There should be an option to transfer money on line........................sure they are working on it.

You can arrange to have a transfer to your account by faxing a written request so they can verify signature.

I did a deposit at a pub tab and ended with a $10 voucher only to be told they don't cash any vouchers at all.

Had to go to an agency.

11 hours ago, aquaman said:

Aquaman, years and years ago (like before the ARC f*cked up the Christmas/New Year Cups Carnival) I used to fly up to Auckland on Boxing Day morning and fly back again the day after the (then) fourth day of the Carnival, usually January 3...

Banks (Stats and Weekends) were shut more often than not for most of the days, heh heh, and there were no such things as ATMs.

Because I invariably stayed at one of the motels opposite the Trotting Course in Epsom (which itself offered two good nights of action in the week in question) I arranged with my local TAB here to send a specimen of my TAB details to the TAB up there and effectively used my account as a bank (if needed) whilst up there.

Never had to provide any ID other than my signature.

I guess I'd be done for money-laundering or something equally as heinous if I tried that these days.