RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
sporty

Stathi Katsidis Passes away overnite

Not really no.

I drink 4 nights a week most weeks. Ive never been in hospital or close to dying.

Obviously the day I start polishing off a bottle of vodka I am either A) crazy B) want to die C) selfish for those around me that would care if I die.

But I drink for enjoyment and im not breaking any laws buy doing so, I could argue my job drives me to drink as his job may drive him to take drugs. I still do it in moderation as I have self control.

If Stathi did in fact pass away from a drug overdose then he clearly showed no self control. Self control and honesty are both qualities that every human should or should strive to have.

From all reports the bloke had everything going for him.

His actions are inexcusable.

Arguably he took drugs for largely the same reason you drink, for enjoyment. The only real difference is that drugs are illegal.

He could easily have been indulging in moderation too; with the tragedy arising from a combination with the physical stresses already on his body.

Regardless, his passing is truly sad

I show respect for those that have passed. Im not a monster.

I dont show respect for murderers that are dead. Nor rapists that are dead or people that effectively murder themselves (overdose on drugs) which is even more gutless.

I cannot believe no one understands where Im coming from. Even if you dont agree with me.

Do all you tossers believe in the after life and ghosts too ?

read what you have just posted... god forbid anyone close to you dies in such a way (it hasnt even been confirmed it was anything to do with drugs yet you are comparing his death to the death of a murderer or rapist??) **** man what plant are you on??

I dont know if this will sound any better... but here is an example of how I think in situations like this.

If Lisa Cropp was driving the races and someone smacked into her and she died. I would be sad! She had her chance, got her life back on track and attempted to make the most of it.

If she overdosed on drugs and reoffended after apparently coming clean from illegal substances, i would care a hell of alot less than scenario #1.

I dont show respect for murderers that are dead. Nor rapists that are dead or people that effectively murder themselves (overdose on drugs) which is even more gutless.

I cannot believe no one understands where Im coming from. Even if you dont agree with me.

Stathi is a far cry from murderers and rapists, and you're not helping your cause by making such comparisons. Even if he chose to take his own life (which it seems he did not), only adds to the tragedy.

I dont know if this will sound any better... but here is an example of how I think in situations like this.

If Lisa Cropp was driving the races and someone smacked into her and she died. I would be sad! She had her chance, got her life back on track and attempted to make the most of it.

If she overdosed on drugs and reoffended after apparently coming clean from illegal substances, i would care a hell of alot less than scenario #1.

You are an A grade idiot - top of the class - get a bloody life you loser and show respect

read what you have just posted... god forbid anyone close to you dies in such a way (it hasnt even been confirmed it was anything to do with drugs yet you are comparing his death to the death of a murderer or rapist??) **** man what plant are you on??

Good call Joseph he is a Asshole!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good call Joseph he is a Asshole!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is stupid... and Leo why has his posts not been pulled.. he needs a red card.. to shut the moron up and stop him spewing out anymore of his insensitive garbage, what a total loser... you have not one shred of decency.. I hope his brother does get his hands on you, you deserve it.

Is it not sad to you that people get caught in addiction?

To be clear, I'm not suggesting SK was in this boat

We can see where you're coming from. You're pretty much stating that its his fault he's dead, and the drug issue needs to be inforced.

I hate drug users too man, I dont associate with anyone and de-friend people who use that trash, but the way you went about probably didnt justify your position on the matter.

But theres a time and place for that mate, and it wasnt this early...

Yeh very sad boys...two very good friends i knew of in Neil Williams & Arron Kenny.both talented jocks..specially Williams .who had there fair share demons to live with and as we know both took there lives..and another great sunshine coast jock few years back Keith Mahoney...these blokes have got reach out and ask for more help...its out there..but there just to proud to accept it..nobody is invincible..we are all different some can handle the pressure then others...he just another talent wasted...sure there where some rides of his i didn't go much on over the years...like they say your only as good as your last ride...and i'd always get it back off him... Will MISS backing you mate..

RIP..

But theres a time and place for that mate, and it wasnt this early...

probably the case.

sorry to anyone I have offended.

when i first heard the news, I was shocked and gutted that someone of that ability in the saddle can just drop off the radar.

then I read it was drug related I was still shocked, but realised it was from a bad choice. EG He could have taken his son out for dinner than night instead of getting off his face and he would be still riding in the Cox Plate Saturday!

my last comment on the thread but I just cannot show sympathy for Stathi himself for poor decision making.

condolances go out to his family however who have lost a special person in their lives.

probably the case.

when i first heard the news, I was shocked and gutted that someone of that ability in the saddle can just drop off the radar.

then I read it was drug related I was still shocked, but realised it was from a bad choice. EG He could have taken his son out for dinner than night instead of getting off his face and he would be still riding in the Cox Plate Saturday!

my last comment on the thread but I just cannot show sympathy for Stathi himself for poor decision making.

condolances go out to his family however who have lost a special person in their lives.

You have repeatedly shown your true colours in this thread and as such all your posts in the future will be given little consideration and your opinions no respect.

Yeh very sad boys...two very good friends i knew of in Neil Williams & Arron Kenny.both talented jocks..specially Williams .who had there fair share demons to live with and as we know both took there lives..and another great sunshine coast jock few years back Keith Mahoney...these blokes have got reach out and ask for more help...its out there..but there just to proud to accept it..nobody is invincible..we are all different some can handle the pressure then others...he just another talent wasted...sure there where some rides of his i didn't go much on over the years...like they say your only as good as your last ride...and i'd always get it back off him... Will MISS backing you mate..

RIP..

Loved the song on you-tube a great rider that will be sadly missed.

probably the case.

with alot to learn and you have clearly illustrated this in this thread but we all knew that anyway.

Try and engage your brain (even though it is the size of a peanut) next time before you hit the keyboard and you may not be judged as the douche bag you clearly have been in this thread.

I think every person who replied to Bradez has lost focus on why this thread was posted originally.

It should be on the person who rode many top horses for many Aust and NZ Trainers.The person who has left behind a partner , young child and many friends.

Pull your heads in and get focused.

I think every person who replied to Bradez has lost focus on why this thread was posted originally.

It should be on the person who rode many top horses for many Aust and NZ Trainers.The person who has left behind a partner , young child and many friends.

Pull your heads in and get focused.

True, but we couldn't let his comments go unchallenged.

is an absoloute tragedy, no child should have to grow up without a father and no parent should have to bury a child, My thoughts and preyers go out to his friends and family.

One must say though that a certain person in here should learn about respecting others, this is an open forum who knows who is reading it, I hate to lose a loved one for whatever reason then read some of the crap on this thread. Mr moderator any chance of cleaning up this thread????? some VERY disrespectful posts in here.....

Yea i agree..i'd hate it if i lost someone,and then someone came onto a place like this and spouted on and on..regardless of whether it was true or not..i'd make it my mission to hunt that person them down..and bury them..no doubt.

Yea i agree..i'd hate it if i lost someone,and then someone came onto a place like this and spouted on and on..regardless of whether it was true or not..i'd make it my mission to hunt that person them down..and bury them..no doubt.

Whoops..got a little carried away with adding THEM in between person and down.

first i am sorry for his family. 2 i support brad to have any opinion he wants as its just an opinion.3 lisa cropp most on here want to hang her up to dry ,yet would we be saying poor lisa if she od tomorrow? 4 as i initally stated sorry for familys loss.

yet would we be saying poor lisa if she od tomorrow?

Yes.

My only complaint about her is the way she was able to delay her suspension from riding, continually dragging the whole thing out, at substantial cost.

I will not criticise her for her problems with drugs, which I imagine must have been a real struggle for her.

gee, i've just read this thread and the shock of Stathi's death became shock and dismay at the comments of (thankfully) one person. A fitting response sherriff and hopefully his posts disappear too.

I was at Doomben on Melbourne cup day a few years back, Media Puzzle won it, and Stathi rode a bunch of winners which saw me get through the day on a high. Followed him since then. Very sad. RIP mate and condolences to the family