RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Varro

has a there ever a horse that was bred as a trotter that has raced well as a pacer?

ask out of curiosity as i was having a look at the biog pick 6 at forbury. i came across a horse called shinglestar in race number 11, it says it was bred to trot, but having a go as a pacer.  i have seen the odd one that use to be a pacer and won a few as a trotter but never the other way round.  has there been any successfull trotters that have done well as a pacer?

3 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Miss Debra. Easton Lights sister and qualified as a pacer. Cant remember her pacing record, but was a dual winner and a very good trotter .

Life Time:
LT P 50 7 2 5 8,780 7,355    
LT T 53 6 3 7 21,490 16,080    
LT Total   103 13 5 12 30,270 23,435

Miss Debra lifetime starts........(HRNZ site)                  Starts...       1st    2nd          3rd                                   Stakes                                   Win Stakes

A horse from McCormick stable called Charlie Wood used to race at Forbury as both a trotter and a pacer and he was a stallion who bred a number of horses.

From memory a good trotting sire Tuft bred some pacers .He was the sire of Tussle who must have won over 30 races

I have this vague recollection of Te Puke Expects and Te Puke Aspires. Both out of the same mare, the first by a trotting stallion and paced, and the latter by a pacing stallion and trotted. As I said that is relying totally on memory and it was probably in the late 80s early 90s so I might be wrong.

And yes, I recall Charlie Wood racing as a trotter and pacer on the same programme. There was another around the same time. Was it called Brother something?