RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Swede

Pick6

5 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

It looks relatively easy........DDunn and BOrange will win 3 races so take their drives with the field in the other 3 legs.

So you got it then. Well done. %100?

24 minutes ago, harewood said:

So you got it then. Well done. %100?

Not 100% [well short] but did OK. .....Tim Williams was the other driver I was interested in and the Williamsons need attention in trot races.Of course 90% of Forbury trot races are won by one of six favs so put all that the mixer and hit "start'.

Had Arthur Lowe won I would have been gonski ,but Dunn/Orange had the two favs in that one with good draws so only had 2 in that one......

But it wasn't too hard....but 6 winners rarely easy !

I note Jason Teaz  had a suggested Pk6 of : 4 x 4 x 6 x 5 x 5 x 5 = $12,000 for 100%........... $600 % was suggested.

It wins but pays $28,422 so for your $600 % ( 5% ) you would have got $1421 .

90% of Pk6's at Forbury feature at least one totally illogical winner at $30 + so this was not a good investment at all.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

1 question for you 2.

Did the people who spent $600 walk away with more then they started with?

You are hard to please ,by the way it was a 10% pick 6 not 5%

Im sure if id suggested a $200 spend and missed id have been ridiculed.

So thanks

Jason , Clearly you didn't take this bet as had you done so you would know that    4 x 4 x 6 x 5 x 5 x 5 = $12,000 for 100%

So your $600 only gives you 5% of the winning dividend of $28,422 which as stated $1421.

Which as stated was a poor return for a $600 investment .

4 minutes ago, ivanthegreat said:

Jason , Clearly you didn't take this bet as had you done so you would know that    4 x 4 x 6 x 5 x 5 x 5 = $12,000 for 100%

So your $600 only gives you 5% of the winning dividend of $28,422 which as stated $1421.

Which as stated was a poor return for a $600 investment .

Wrong. Pick 6 is in 50c units so it is 10%

Bloody hell.....give the guy a break.

He gives a selection which in his opinion covers it [and it does] ,knowing full well that most folk won't have that amount to spend but he narrows the field down to 4 or 5 per leg which is a great help to the small punter.

Over the years I have had reasonable success in Pick 6's ,usually with the field in one race with only 2 selections in 2 or 3 races.Its worked well with tidy returns , as even the Auckland Reactors get beat the odd time.My spend usually modest.

If there is 4 or 5 good winning chances then these should be mentioned IMO....trot races often have 5 x chances paying $10 or less with the others much rougher and less likely !

5% of a winning Pick 6 is better than 100% of a losing one .

Slamming people on this forum is often not justified ,and I may add ....a big turn off !

I think you have a slightly blurred view on what my job is.i am employed to call races.From time to time im asked to go the extra mile and provide quaddie and pick 6 selections.

Unpaid i might add.

My instructions last thursday were to select a winning pick 6.the way i thought was best which was spending that much as a 10% bet.

Knowing full well that there was possibillities of upsets i had no problems suggesting that sort of spend,athough as it turned id have got the lot with a smaller spend and a 100% ticket if i had stuck to my top 2 or 3 selections in all the legs.

Thats the way tipping and punting goes.

I was happy to have turned a $600 spend into $2800,have had many days where ive soent $600 and walked away with zero.

Not everyone likes my style but i like to win..by any means necessary and in this world you got to spend money to make it.

Bigger problems in this game then me only making you a $2200 profit.

2 hours ago, JTeaz said:

I think you have a slightly blurred view on what my job is.i am employed to call races.From time to time im asked to go the extra mile and provide quaddie and pick 6 selections.

Unpaid i might add.

My instructions last thursday were to select a winning pick 6.the way i thought was best which was spending that much as a 10% bet.

Knowing full well that there was possibillities of upsets i had no problems suggesting that sort of spend,athough as it turned id have got the lot with a smaller spend and a 100% ticket if i had stuck to my top 2 or 3 selections in all the legs.

Thats the way tipping and punting goes.

I was happy to have turned a $600 spend into $2800,have had many days where ive soent $600 and walked away with zero.

Not everyone likes my style but i like to win..by any means necessary and in this world you got to spend money to make it.

Bigger problems in this game then me only making you a $2200 profit.

Before you get all uppity about people questioning your "$600 spend" tips, it might pay to remember 90% of punters are never going to spend $600 in one hit, and of the ones that do, I'm sure 90% will be serious enough about their punting to be backing their own judgement rather than anything a commentator tips out.

In other words, your "$600 spend" tips were probably relevant to 1% of the punters!

The other 99% who are actually interested in some assistance - the $5 to $20 casual punters - were left cold.

It's fine to have a $600 suggestion, but it's completely irrelevant for most people. The $20 to $50 range is where 99% of punters are at even when there's a big potential payout..

I don't have any real problem with the $600 offering considering the size of the pool. 

It is extravagant for most punters but any commentator could clearly state their 2 top picks and then add the others as extra cover so the $5 punters know exactly where the selections stand. Jason might have done this anyway.

Not hard and caters for all. 

I like your style Jason. You are prepared to say what you feel at the time both with punting and commentating and as comments and tipping man. as you have continued experience in your role but also as an owner and trainer you are worth listening to. getting some punters a good % It is only a theoretical guide anyway !! Keep up the good work.

3 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I don't have any real problem with the $600 offering considering the size of the pool. 

It is extravagant for most punters but any commentator could clearly state their 2 top picks and then add the others as extra cover so the $5 punters know exactly where the selections stand. Jason might have done this anyway.

Not hard and caters for all. 

Exactly!