RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
what a post

australian penalites

,I see another Australian harness trainer (kylie hughes) has been disqualified,this person given 4 years for  an excess cobalt level.  This just another to add to the list of disqualifications for cobalt. Over there they immediately stand them down until their cases are heard. Sometimes they reduce their sentences if tied to a good behavior bond deal. 

The question I ask is why nz has such a different approach to penalties.  Why does Australia consider it appropriate to disqualify some with no previous history yet nz  does not.

I see mark purdon got fined a total of $15000 today in nsw for 3 charges, relating to treatment of dream about me before a trial..  I'm guessing here in nz authorites would be unlikely to show any interest for the same practices here.   just the way it works I suppose.

5 hours ago, badger said:

WAP  what was deal with mark purdon and dream about me. Nothing will change in  HRNZ and RIU as long as we have the same people at the top of the tower. 

Just sounds like Dream about me was treated within the time frame where you are not allowed to treat horses if they are to run in a trial/race.  Also had a veterinary product that was not registered as  legal.  Does not specify what it was, probably nothing too serious given the fine. Who knows as it does not specify. Those press releases from nsw often lack detail,often leaving it to ones imagination which is rather stupid.    I'm guessing this not that big a deal in the big scheme of things,just came to light because of the spotlight on whether it was lame.

I see Nathan Turnbull,son of steve turnbull has been disqualified in NSW for 2 1/2 years for a horse he trains  having cocaine in its system. Apparently they got someone to admit they were a cocaine user who accompanied the horse to the races. They always do. That family are having a bad 12 months of publicity. Really I don't know why anyone bothers with harness racing over there. Whenever I watch races over there many of them seem dishonest and  some clearly race like they are on drugs,eyes popping out.. Same old,same old. Not hard to predict.

4 hours ago, what a post said:

I see Nathan Turnbull,son of steve turnbull has been disqualified in NSW for 2 1/2 years for a horse he trains  having cocaine in its system. Apparently they got someone to admit they were a cocaine user who accompanied the horse to the races. They always do. That family are having a bad 12 months of publicity. Really I don't know why anyone bothers with harness racing over there. Whenever I watch races over there many of them seem dishonest and  some clearly race like they are on drugs,eyes popping out.. Same old,same old. Not hard to predict.

Fairly wide statement WAPost. 'They always do" and  " Really I don't know why anyone bothers with harness racing over there. Whenever I watch races over there many of them seem dishonest and  some clearly race like they are on drugs,eyes popping out.." Hope fully you are not referring to all Australian harness racing. In general I find it cleaner and policed far more strenuously then NZ harness. The stipes  do not tolerate bad driving, drug abuse or misbehavior far more than in NZ and act much quicker.  

No 1 rule betting in Austalian Harness, as I have said before, DO NOT BET IN NSW  harness, ESPECIALLY  NSW country meetings.  

Follow this rule and you will enjoy Australian Harness racing.  

7 hours ago, harewood said:

Fairly wide statement WAPost. 'They always do" and  " Really I don't know why anyone bothers with harness racing over there. Whenever I watch races over there many of them seem dishonest and  some clearly race like they are on drugs,eyes popping out.." Hope fully you are not referring to all Australian harness racing. In general I find it cleaner and policed far more strenuously then NZ harness. The stipes  do not tolerate bad driving, drug abuse or misbehavior far more than in NZ and act much quicker.  

No 1 rule betting in Austalian Harness, as I have said before, DO NOT BET IN NSW  harness, ESPECIALLY  NSW country meetings.  

Follow this rule and you will enjoy Australian Harness racing.  

Fair comment. The authorities now days in NSW certainly seem to do a good job, shame about some of the participants honesty. It seems ingrained in many participants psyche. One of the worst things in NSW is they don't have a passing lane and some are easily pulled by going on the fence.

I think it is wrong that horses are racing after being administered pain killers. This should be stamped out. I know it is going on in WA and the stewards are checking out some stables on race days. It is unfair to the honest trainers out there who don't have vets (paying them large sums) visiting their stables each week.  

If what is going on in NSW is like what has been alluded to then the stewards performance and process needs reviewing. Cobalt and cocaine well it is a disgrace giving horse these substances. Those trainers who give horses painkillers and other performance enhancing drugs aren't true horse people and obviously don't care about the welfare of the horses in their care. 

Why would an owner give a horse to a trainer who needs as part of his/her training regime to give their horses drugs illegally? There are lots of trainers out there doing the right thing. These dodgy trainers should be exposed by more vigilent efforts and process by the stewards and support by higher level management in the industry. 

Totally agree Alan.

If a pain killer is required for a race horse or sports person to be able to perform, then they have a medical problem. I am sure I heard an All Black being interviewed after one of the Lions tests, saying he was playing with the assistance of pain killers.

I guess it is all about greed, and I acknowledge that "fonging" horses up went on in the old days, but I would like to think we had moved on from those days, but Alas, it appears not.

Cheers.

Robert.