RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
shaneMcAlister

A shining example

EXAMPLE ONE

If a jockey saw or experienced something that was not right in a race.  Then a Board member of the RIU told them not to report it.  Would this not be totally against what the RIU is about??

Below is an who is on our RIU board

http://www.riu.org.nz/about-us

EXAMPLE TWO

An MP illegally records a conversation and it is reported to the Police.  Another MP "asked Dickson to withdraw the police complaint".

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/2017/06/25/35873/barclay-affair-what-the-board-knew

There is a common name on appearing in these two examples, a Glenda Hughes.   This is NZ racings independent board member.  What is she contributing to nz racing.  She works for a government with a majority and still cannot get race legislation act in front of parliament. 

I must admit I do find it incredibly arrogant and condescending this govt foisting someone with no apparent skills or qualifications upon the Racing Industry. It shows how little they care about the industry. It may even be that there aren't that many suitable people about, but surely we can do better than an ex shotputter, or something like that.

It is totally staggering to me that she hasn't offer her resignation as the Chairperson of the NZRB.

She was a Policewoman herself and to me she has hindered a police investigation by asking the complainant to withdraw her COMPLAINT and offering a settlement to do so.

This just smacks of a lack of Integrity,something the industry asks and demands.This has been a total embarrassment to the National party and a PR disaster to herself and the National Party.

If David Bennett doesn't ask for her resignation,they will lose my vote and I am sure many other National supporters in the upcoming Election

SNR. 

Why doesn't the Racing Industry get it's act together and form it's own political party? Get membership from all corners of the racing industry and run candidates in key seats that have a large horse racing presence? 

15 hours ago, Midget said:

It is totally staggering to me that she hasn't offer her resignation as the Chairperson of the NZRB.

She was a Policewoman herself and to me she has hindered a police investigation by asking the complainant to withdraw her COMPLAINT and offering a settlement to do so.

This just smacks of a lack of Integrity,something the industry asks and demands.This has been a total embarrassment to the National party and a PR disaster to herself and the National Party.

If David Bennett doesn't ask for her resignation,they will lose my vote and I am sure many other National supporters in the upcoming Election

SNR. 

I wonder what would happen if a jockey or trainer was being investigated by the police and they were advised to lie  and witnesses were warned off and justice was obstruced in various ways. I think Glenda would be best to fall on her sword.

On 6/28/2017 at 10:03 AM, Midget said:

SNR. 

If David Walker did it he'd get seven years.

Mind you when Denis Quirke pulled his rorts and the industry turned a blind eye it became fairly obvious things were different if you operated out of Petone.

I'm not sure what it was about her as a candidate that appeakd to NZRB.  But maybe it was the outcome of her "representation" of Mark Todd all those years ago who was struggling at the time against allegations of some rather sordid behavior involving sex & drugs.  His representative appeared to run a campaign of silence and obfuscation on his behalf and subsequently all was swept rather grubbily under the carpet, all was forgiven (or at least forgotten) and he was later knighted.

Undoubtedly a favorable result for Todd.  His advisor no doubt would have accepted his grateful thanks and proudly chalked it up on the resume.  Others will make their own judgements as to whether this behavior forms part of a commendable CV for a person who holds the positions currently occupied by this individual - or whether it is rather the opposite.

But the current situation definitely had me casting my mind back to the Todd debacle ....I sense some similarities in the modus operandi ..  

8 hours ago, Midget said:

If David Walker did it he'd get seven years.

Mind you when Denis Quirke pulled his rorts and the industry turned a blind eye it became fairly obvious things were different if you operated out of Petone.

Denis Quirke fiasco I believe had him "reemployed" as a contractor.  As a contractor it would have cost NZracing more to have than it did when he was an employee.  Beggars belief.

On the news tonight there is a claim Glenda Hughes now under investigation by Police in regard to her role in the Barclay matter ...  report said that when contacted Ms Hughes said she'd done nothing wrong ....

I wonder if she will talk to Police when they come calling or "take the 5th" ...