RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rdytdy

Well Done Team NZ

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

This is really huge. When a little country of 4 odd million can serve it up to a super power, and out tech, and out sail them, not once, but twice, really goes to show just how big a feat this has been. Hats off to team NZ.

Probably not so much of a surprise to us Kiwis John...we have always punched well above our weight, and that never say die spirit and good old number eight wire ingenuity is a hallmark....after all the All Blacks are taking on four countries and 60 odd Million people at the moment...size not helping them much is it....??  :D

23 minutes ago, hesi said:

Yep, well done, quite an achievement from a small country like NZ, who seem capable of continuing to produce top sailors and boat builders.

A bit of analogy there also with how the Racing industry used to be, and still is to a lesser extent, capable of producing top class thoroughbreds, and I should add, horse people.

Brutal world though, Dean Barker, once the darling of NZ yachting, maybe even sport, now relegated to an also ran, with Peter Burling firmly entrenched as the skipper of choice.

Spectacular watching, but there was something missing ????, let's hope NZ can bring that back.

Agree with you Crusty, some of those TV1 hosts, make you want to puke, but Prof Orams was a star, fancy that, Yachting has a professor

What happened to Veitch..?? He looked like he'd been a few rounds with Joe Parker....;)

3 hours ago, Midget said:

That's what happens when you put the sport under the control of those who've actually been there and done that.

A sailing team run by sailors, perish the thought, that'd never work !!!!

Grant Dalton - a persistent giant and the "real drive" behind getting the kiwis there . A Sailor. 

2 hours ago, hesi said:

Yep, well done, quite an achievement from a small country like NZ, who seem capable of continuing to produce top sailors and boat builders.

A bit of analogy there also with how the Racing industry used to be, and still is to a lesser extent, capable of producing top class thoroughbreds, and I should add, horse people.

Brutal world though, Dean Barker, once the darling of NZ yachting, maybe even sport, now relegated to an also ran, with Peter Burling firmly entrenched as the skipper of choice.

Spectacular watching, but there was something missing ????, let's hope NZ can bring that back.

Agree with you Crusty, some of those TV1 hosts, make you want to puke, but Prof Orams was a star, fancy that, Yachting has a professor

Aussie Glen Ashby is Skipper - not Peter Burling. Credit where credit is due!

2 hours ago, rumpole said:

OK we won but that does not compare with the ABs beating the Lions or Kiwi winning the Melbourne cup

You are spot on Rumpers.........winning the America's Cup with the odds and rules stacked against you is much bigger. No comparison at all. :D

5 hours ago, hesi said:

Nothing wrong with Peter Lester, one of our sailing greats. What was cringeworthy was Peter Montgomery reading a prepared speech before they had even crossed the finish line.

6 hours ago, Midget said:

That's what happens when you put the sport under the control of those who've actually been there and done that.

A sailing team run by sailors, perish the thought, that'd never work !!!!

You are right. The other thing I'd add is that they looked outside of the square and didn't follow anyone else. I think the expression was "casting a ball as far as they could and then trying to figure a way on trying to pick it up".

Poignant I would have thought.

6 hours ago, rumpole said:

What has this got to do with thoroughbred racing????

OK we won but that does not compare with the ABs beating the Lions or Kiwi winning the Melbourne cup

Oh, but it does Rumpers :)

This morning on Facebook Megan Liefting was wanting names suggested for her Cape Blanco - Donna Diva gelding.

Now Cape Blanco is a headland in Oregon that juts out into the Pacific Ocean and has a lighthouse warning sea craft so with the nautical theme so I suggested "Burling."

It turns out that Megan also had another horse to name, a gelding by Mastercraftsman - High Calibre.

So she applied for the name "BURLING for him and it has been accepted. :)

Might have to book Chris for him in the future. ;)

54 minutes ago, hesi said:

Peter Lester World OK dinghy champ

Peter Lester, Lyttelton West icon. His World OK Dinghy win in Auckland was the first major yachting championship to be televised in Nz

4 hours ago, Brown Fox said:

Terrific win but can we now get back to real Yachts

Strong sounds coming out..... that the next regatta will be in mono-hulls.....Grant Dalton says pushing oil round a boat is not his idea of sailing yachts.......yipeeeeeeeee

9 hours ago, rumpole said:

What has this got to do with thoroughbred racing????

It does if you're me.

I rode the first AC wave in 99-2003 era and wasted most of it on horses and women, and now here we are again, dejavu ( all over again for the people like Hizzy and Tommo ) and I'm right back on the wave again in the #1 spot in the Viaduct.

I'm  blessed, and there'll be a horse in the mix there somewhere, so it is about racing Rumpers you miserable old turd.

1 hour ago, rdytdy said:

Oh, but it does Rumpers :)

This morning on Facebook Megan Liefting was wanting names suggested for her Cape Blanco - Donna Diva gelding.

Now Cape Blanco is a headland in Oregon that juts out into the Pacific Ocean and has a lighthouse warning sea craft so with the nautical theme so I suggested "Burling."

It turns out that Megan also had another horse to name, a gelding by Mastercraftsman - High Calibre.

So she applied for the name "BURLING for him and it has been accepted. :)

Might have to book Chris for him in the future. ;)

Good one Ted....Sevenone might have been another option....:D