RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
gary1

gap a good story

well i have a couple of thing to say people like robin wales,  just using him as an eg,    breed 99.9% of there dogs in nz well done  to them then you have some others import dogs into nz by the dozen now gap is already under pressure so why not put a fee on them if they dont return to aust you pay say 500.     well i can already here some trainers yelling but why should the local breeders lose out and be penalised by aussie non chasers

17 minutes ago, gary1 said:

well i have a couple of thing to say people like robin wales,  just using him as an eg,    breed 99.9% of there dogs in nz well done  to them then you have some others import dogs into nz by the dozen now gap is already under pressure so why not put a fee on them if they dont return to aust you pay say 500.     well i can already here some trainers yelling but why should the local breeders lose out and be penalised by aussie non chasers

Wow Gary you are onto it...lol...we have had a import fee off 500 dollars for the last 2yrs...

Did I say that ? Did you ask that question No . You said why not make all who import pay a $500 fee, and like I said they already do $500 is payed to Nzgra for all greyhounds imported to NZ before they are allowed to race or be registered. Now let me tell you it's not cheap to import a dog, the cost of buying a dog has gone up so has the plane ride over add that to the $500 Nzgra costs . You say non chasers looking at a few recent group 1 winners they have been non chasers and also imports why would you want to stop them ? Without the imports NZ racing would not be so great after all .

Here's the simple answer ... $2100 to import one dog $500 to clear customs and  $500 to grnz...which I believe under the free trade agreement is totally illegal... but grnz do what they want and if you don't pay it you cannot race dogs.....I  am  importing dogs again simply because I can race them straight away....breeding is a gamble and we have won 6 group races doing it but it is not worth it...there is no infrastructure in nz to break in dogs properly...

Also I just want to say...GAP do a fantastic job in the northen area...to be able to see and still be part off our ex racing dogs is special because they all still hold a big part in our hearts...I have 2 or 3 every Christmas come back here and live inside with our pet dogs ..which any off my ex racers are welcome for free while there new parents have a break .....they arnt just racing dogs

10 hours ago, I know said:

Did I say that ? Did you ask that question No . You said why not make all who import pay a $500 fee, and like I said they already do $500 is payed to Nzgra for all greyhounds imported to NZ before they are allowed to race or be registered. Now let me tell you it's not cheap to import a dog, the cost of buying a dog has gone up so has the plane ride over add that to the $500 Nzgra costs . You say non chasers looking at a few recent group 1 winners they have been non chasers and also imports why would you want to stop them ? Without the imports NZ racing would not be so great after all .

does that 500 go towards the gap do you see the standarbred or thorougbreds carrying on about export fees  wouldnt matter if nzgra charged  a 1000 people would still bring them

41 minutes ago, gary1 said:

does that 500 go towards the gap do you see the standarbred or thorougbreds carrying on about export fees  wouldnt matter if nzgra charged  a 1000 people would still bring them

I am pretty sure when that initiative was passed, the fee was for the rehoming off the dog according to the nzgra. Whether it goes towards gap, or maybe even nightrave... Who knows

22 minutes ago, I know said:

Omg without the imports where would we be shouldn't be making them pay anything at all. Why don't  you cut the import turnover aswell 

thats right i know where would you be maybe just maybe you might be forced into breeding better quality dogs like the coles wales lee etc but hey its just easy to flood the market with mostly non chasing imports now heres a question for you     how come gallops and trots sell a lot of there horse to nz  and greyhounds dont

19 minutes ago, I know said:

Omg without the imports where would we be shouldn't be making them pay anything at all. Why don't  you cut the import turnover aswell 

another thought i know maybe nzgra should stop dogs coming  in with tickets this would surely see a better class dog come in that may be used for future breeding

Pal you didn't even no there was an import fee and it's been in for 2 years . Have a look at the group 1 winners a lot of them have had tickets Also great blood lines so you don't want them to come to NZ . The trainers you name have they never had a non chaser ? 

3 hours ago, I know said:

Pal you didn't even no there was an import fee and it's been in for 2 years . Have a look at the group 1 winners a lot of them have had tickets Also great blood lines so you don't want them to come to NZ . The trainers you name have they never had a non chaser ? 

is it going to gap i know show me where nzgra is distributing it  and you call half those races group ones really,   great bloodlines now your telling me you would breed with fighters try doing that in aust 

33 minutes ago, gary1 said:

is it going to gap i know show me where nzgra is distributing it  and you call half those races group ones really,   great bloodlines now your telling me you would breed with fighters try doing that in aust 

I have no idea where it is going to all I know Is when I bring a dog in I pay Nzgra , if you want to know ring them and ask no skin off my nose . Can you answer any questions or do you not have any knowledge at all ? now you are trying to tell us that recent group 1 winners that have had tickets in oz don't have great bloodlines. Before you press "submit reply " please re read your posts 

1 hour ago, I know said:

I have no idea where it is going to all I know Is when I bring a dog in I pay Nzgra , if you want to know ring them and ask no skin off my nose . Can you answer any questions or do you not have any knowledge at all ? now you are trying to tell us that recent group 1 winners that have had tickets in oz don't have great bloodlines. Before you press "submit reply " please re read your posts 

well no skin off your nose i know  and i do read my posts i see you ignore a lot of my  posts re the blood line how many of those fighters have produced group one winners in nz   oh and how many have been bred from  and as for the 500 i know about that but my point is does it go towards gap but hey you and your mates say they already pay an import fee    your quote...  Gary they  already do .need to keep up with the play pal 

Gary you never asked that question I could go find that out for you but why would I as it doesn't bother me. I'm all for the imports, yes some non chasers but very few % wise Come over here and get tickets. how about you tell me what % come over and get tickets ? I'm all for NZ bred to . As I have got a few litters on the ground and a couple of imports . Tell me do you own any imports over here or do you have any NZ bred dogs? What do you contribute to greyhound racing in NZ ? 

13 hours ago, I know said:

Gary you never asked that question I could go find that out for you but why would I as it doesn't bother me. I'm all for the imports, yes some non chasers but very few % wise Come over here and get tickets. how about you tell me what % come over and get tickets ? I'm all for NZ bred to . As I have got a few litters on the ground and a couple of imports . Tell me do you own any imports over here or do you have any NZ bred dogs? What do you contribute to greyhound racing in NZ ? 

ive owned dogs over her  i know.    and what i contribute to greyhound racing here is probably irrelevant although probably without people like me punting on the dogs there would be none so dont go twisting the story with what i contribute the post has nothing to with me its about gap  who gives a crap whether they get tickets here tell me this iknow      what would happen lets say with all the wheeler dogs that have tickets if they never came over here would they still be racing      oh by the way as you dont want to comment on my gallops and trots post do you think aussies would buy regularly dogs from over here like the gallops and trots  a big no that  also congrats on breeding are they from non chasing imports