RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
barryb

All Weather Tracks

Stab me in the eye,  the racing on them from Aus is as boring as batshit. I hope like fark we never make the mistake of wasting bucket loads of cash on a track like Canberra/Devonport.

Spends the millions creating 2 or 3 much needed quality turf tracks rather than batshit racing.

10 minutes ago, hesi said:

Talking about tracks and weather, once again the almost impossible task at Taurangs, of predicting whether form horses, even with course and H11 stats will handle it

3 notables yesterday El Duque, Mr Luigi and Katy McKeen, don't bother looking up the stewards report, just the usual ????

Really?

I make it 5 of the 9 races were won by the fav, I guess intelligent punters knew what they were doing.

Well bugger me, horses failed or had an off day, or had a cold, or were beaten by better horses.... just because they're "notable wet track horses" doesn't mean they have to win.

That sook Hesi, about wet tracks is usually done by average punters who look at wet track/distance stats & not much else. The realm of heavy is the most vast of any racing surface & is also one the best for finding great bets, 5/9 favs yesterday indicated that.  Not a single winner above $10 at Riccarton indicates punters got it right there also.

3 minutes ago, hesi said:

Predictable, next we will be hearing about all the winners you picked

Come back with a sound reason Hesi as to why you are right, back it up with some facts. Don't just sook because you had a losing day and made poor calls.

19 hours ago, crustyngrizzly said:

I have no doubt at all that the winning connections as well as the winning punters don't find it boring at all.

Enjoyed winning my $20000+ maiden at pakenham week before last and as you say the divi was excellent. Keep going Nz. Keep going. 

I watch quite a lot of racing. I've spent a lot of time in the States, Japan and the UK. I've been to the Kentucky Derby, Preakness, Belmont, Japan dirt Derby and very other type of second rate all weather track racing in the UK. All weather tracks are NOT the answer. Sure those top US races are sensational to be at. Saratoga in the summer is the place to be BUT average cannon fodder races for the masses is boring boring boring.

We need to think laterally and stand out from the crowd. Jumps racing in NZ in the winter is the way to go. We give the flat boys a holiday during the cold wet months while we structure an incredible race series based on championships for horses that don't get warm before they hit 3200m+. That means we have a brand new market for the slow ones that really want further but have conformation and courage. We then realise the value of these horse while making events for races with more than 20 runners in them that within a couple of years become the biggest betting events this side of the globe. Did you know that 6 of the top ten betting events in the UK are jumps races...or than in Japan the 5th top betting event is a jumps race?

And for good measure, the NZ industry sets up a satellite stable and training facility in Australia so that the flat bits can get access to that market in a subsidised process so that we earn Aussie $ with NZ people and horses. Lets call it Team NZ Racing and do what the boys are doing up in Bermuda.

Just a different angle.....

2 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

Where are all of these jumpers going to come from? There are only so many Zeds about.

Not to mention only so many competent horse men and horse women to prepare them and they can take sometime in education, maturity and preparation to get to the stage of becoming jumpers. 

A novel idea that I'd love to see work , but just can't see it happening.

Don't you mean Istidaads to go about ?

On 24/06/2017 at 5:58 PM, barryb said:

Stab me in the eye,  the racing on them from Aus is as boring as batshit. I hope like fark we never make the mistake of wasting bucket loads of cash on a track like Canberra/Devonport.

Spends the millions creating 2 or 3 much needed quality turf tracks rather than batshit racing.

Hi Barry,

Understand what you are saying regarding your opinion about boring racing on all weather tracks.

Surely, trainers, jockeys, owners and other suppliers to a race day are the participants that are most affected by canceled race meetings, and therefore an all weather is an assistance to ensuring regular income.

I am glad I also support harness racing ownership. Very few canceled trials or race meetings.

Cheers.

Robert.

17 hours ago, Berri said:

jumps racing in the winter is the way to go. We give the flat boys a holiday during the cold wet months while we structure an incredible race series based on championships for horses that don't get warm before they hit 3200m+.

23 hours ago, barryb said:

Really?

I make it 5 of the 9 races were won by the fav, I guess intelligent punters knew what they were doing.

Well bugger me, horses failed or had an off day, or had a cold, or were beaten by better horses.... just because they're "notable wet track horses" doesn't mean they have to win.

That sook Hesi, about wet tracks is usually done by average punters who look at wet track/distance stats & not much else. The realm of heavy is the most vast of any racing surface & is also one the best for finding great bets, 5/9 favs yesterday indicated that.  Not a single winner above $10 at Riccarton indicates punters got it right there also.

Yep, you got me Barry...I left Seconds out, out of my multi,s and wooden edge (kicked myself on both occasions) brilliant rides/runs and in form woodsy...

The well informed money was on and I chose to leave em out at my own peril...based on track conditions and the course/dist stats (combined with handy bias)

works the majority of time...on this particular Saturday...the informed money invested by those close to the action triumphed...Good on em !

5 minutes ago, barryb said:

Sure they are the ones affected, however there are far better alternatives than boring AW racing. 

Yeah agree,

Winter only goes for 3 or 4 months before the Hastings spring carnival,Melbourne then Christmas/new year etc.

Berri,s Idea sounds good ...Jumps in Winter, maybe more staying races leading into Melbourne (produce another "KIWI") 

F*** the All weather tracks...who needs em?

1 hour ago, barryb said:

Sure they are the ones affected, however there are far better alternatives than boring AW racing. 

Hi Barry,

Okay, what are the alternatives for flat racing over the season? Meetings are being called off throughout the year, with no particular seasonal bias.

Having raced jumpers over many years, the reality of that racing is, that it is high injury risk component of racing. I am talking about the bumps and scraps that are incurred as a given in jumps races. Everyone is happy for others to supply the product of jumpers, but the attrition rate is quite high. Six months preparation in the knowledge of it may be for one race. I put my hand up, I am silly enough to do that, but in this day in age, only old codgers like me in general want to do that.

Cheers.

Robert.

Countless numbers have been suggested on this site over the years for a start. Berri's idea above is a beauty and is very worthy of consideration.

What I don't want to see is the tedious rubbish that we witness week in week out from the AW tracks in Aus, the racing is substandard on them, cronically favours on pacers & suits a small minority of horses.

11 minutes ago, barryb said:

Countless numbers have been suggested on this site over the years for a start. Berri's idea above is a beauty and is very worthy of consideration.

What I don't want to see is the tedious rubbish that we witness week in week out from the AW tracks in Aus, the racing is substandard on them, cronically favours on pacers & suits a small minority of horses.

Hi Barry,

No one is forcing people to watch these "boring races", but surely, our owners, trainer, jockeys and other associated connected participants need the security of knowing that their incomes will be regular, is paramount in our sport.

Cheers.

Robert.