RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
what a post

murray hamilton case

I see murray hamilton has been disqualified for  about 4 months for continuing to participate  in the training of his horses while suspended.  It  seems it all goes back to a dispute he has had with central otago equestrian. Apparently at the small horse training complex at omakau some don't get along.  Why is this such a common thing at horse racing tracks. Within one hours drive from where i reside there has been Ashburton hit the headlines for similar reasons not that long ago,  then you have the same thing at Geraldine.

Only last year I was told I had to vacate stabling facilities at our local track for being in arrears( $180 at the time),simply because I told them,as I had done for 2 years, that  when you do what you promised in writing to do two and a half years ago I would bring the bill up to date. Not before then. I had asked the caretaker probably 400 times about it and was told each time he would get onto it. ( I had paid them over $30,000 in the previous 5 years). I was happy to go in the end,but what is it with those who run these clubs. They put in so much of their own time yet some do as much as they can to make life hard for whoever they take a dislike too, often for their own means.   

I have no doubt whatsoever that many of those who run many of these clubs are only in it to suit themselves and their actions clearly confirm that.   I see kelvin tyler is training from the oamaru course for a few months.He has about 15 horses there over winter.  Funny thing about that is I was told they did not have room for even 1 horse  not long ago. The last time I trained there I was told I was the best payer they ever had,welcome back anytime.  The people that run these places are hypocrites of the biggest kind.   

Personally I think its about time governing bodies established something which would see the running of all racecourses from a central base.     That way everyone could be treated the same and personalities taken out of it.   Why can't we all get along?

I agree some of the people who run these courses have never trained horses and never will. Its all gaga to them. But they don't mind seeing your horse run at there meeting's bringing in money to there course. Its imperative that horses stay on these small courses or face closure. Reality seems wayward to some administration clowns. $180 really mate I feel sorry for there lack of brains.

Sometimes your better moving on instead of dealing with the hassle those goes with it. I was happy to move on, it was not about the money,it was how unfairly you feel treated.. I attended a meeting to do with another club about the same time ,just to support someone and was amazed at the way a couple of locals had been treated and how stressful it appeared for them.  I have seen the same thing previously.    About 6 years ago I rung every racecourse in the south island and not one had room for 4 horses.  many had empty paddocks as we visited many,but it seems at many places the empty paddocks were needed at some stage for someones sheep,someones cattle, took preference and at some they just said they did not want anyone else there.  That's  just the way it is.  You have to be a name trainer for them to be interested.  That's the reality and the way many think. 

Isn't there anything that can be done. This situation sounds terrible. Sheep and cattle come first. Shock. Trainers come first. Isnt there a South Island trainers association to deal with this.  Nicest people Wakiouiti. Not sure about winter training there tho. But at least you would have an above average I Q.

9 hours ago, what a post said:

Sometimes your better moving on instead of dealing with the hassle those goes with it. I was happy to move on, it was not about the money,it was how unfairly you feel treated.. I attended a meeting to do with another club about the same time ,just to support someone and was amazed at the way a couple of locals had been treated and how stressful it appeared for them.  I have seen the same thing previously.    About 6 years ago I rung every racecourse in the south island and not one had room for 4 horses.  many had empty paddocks as we visited many,but it seems at many places the empty paddocks were needed at some stage for someones sheep,someones cattle, took preference and at some they just said they did not want anyone else there.  That's  just the way it is.  You have to be a name trainer for them to be interested.  That's the reality and the way many think. 

Racing clubs dont need non paying parasites. Guys that cannot feed nor water their stock are not wanted at any club Steve....If you rang every club in the South Island and they could not accommodate yourself and 4 horses then they were obviously pre warned about your poor profile....claude 55 sounds like a little lost sheep and should forget about replying to his dimwit old man.Your better off not being down south anyway- not that easy down there.....was looking through the premiership table the other night and came across an ex northern trainer that had relocated down south.......at the time of reading he had 89 starters for 1 win......i bet he is wishing he had stayed up here......

10 hours ago, napier said:

Racing clubs dont need non paying parasites. Guys that cannot feed nor water their stock are not wanted at any club Steve....If you rang every club in the South Island and they could not accommodate yourself and 4 horses then they were obviously pre warned about your poor profile....claude 55 sounds like a little lost sheep and should forget about replying to his dimwit old man.Your better off not being down south anyway- not that easy down there.....was looking through the premiership table the other night and came across an ex northern trainer that had relocated down south.......at the time of reading he had 89 starters for 1 win......i bet he is wishing he had stayed up here......

Not sure what you are on about. Whos this steve fella you are talking about. Who are you anyway.  This thread is about how those that run racecourses get into personality politics and treating some in very different ways. Do you not understand what I'm on about napier. I have given several examples. . 

You clearly have no idea how things work. For example it has been suggested I ring waikouaiti,a constructive suggestion..  If you rung them as I did the about 4 months ago, you will find they have no vacancies,  Waimate none(a local cow cocky has just leased some of their ground), I was the second trainer who had been told that in the previous month apparently.  Geraldine may have a new caretaker but who would go there given the way some locals had been treated previously .  Ashburton has no vacancies,never has and would it be wise to go there given the bad publicity they get.  Oamaru said  they had no room for anyone(despite taking about a dozen horses from one trainer since) Their prerogative and I believe they have given me misleading information about a  couple of things the last time I spoke to them. It seems the local potato grower gets preference anyway. Personally if we do work any in the future it will just be at the local track from another base.      Perhaps they have some vacancies at omakau if someone wants to move down there. 

Back to the actual case and I have read the judgement. I do understand the petty politics of small town NZ. However, how many warnings does a man need not to have anything to do with horses and blatantly ignores these. I'm afraid he is the author of his own misfortune.

2 hours ago, kdt said:

Back to the actual case and I have read the judgement. I do understand the petty politics of small town NZ. However, how many warnings does a man need not to have anything to do with horses and blatantly ignores these. I'm afraid he is the author of his own misfortune.

Reading the decision it looks like he had a siege mentality.  Maybe it was justified, maybe it was not.  Either way it appears he did himself no favours whatsoever with his continued belligerent behavior.   As pointed out in the decision it seems almost inexplicable that a man who had spent a lifetime following his passion should behave as he did. 

Therein lies the point of my starting this topic.  This very same situation is playing out at many racecourses. There are many examples. The point I have been trying to make is this just isn't acceptable that it keeps reoccurring at different venues.  Unless you admit there is a problem then you never do anything about it.     Leaving local groups to run their racecourses is seeing pockets of conflict pop up all over the place.   Its simply not good enough for all concerned.   Central authorities that run the industry do their best to increase participation but this crap still goes on undermining everything.. Its about time they became involved in some way.    

As I have also pointed out,there needs to be input from authorities to ensure the integrity of the purpose of these racecourses. Having locals run their racecourses to give preference to those in the knows sheep,cows potato,,whatever crop needs some oversight as well.  

Maybe some sort of mediation group needs to be set up whereby conflicts could be referred to for unbiased resolution.  Some leadership needs to be displayed.

Well try Reefton Greymouth or no not Hokitika that's been taken over by equestrian people so maybe try your luck. I heard of a case where an equestrian person came on to a harness track at 6 in the morning while a trainer driving his horses and trotting leading two horses one eitherside and this equestrian idiot drives a grader on to the harness track straight towards the trainer. How the wasnt a causualty I don't know. The equestrian idiot when confronted as he should have been says oh I didn't no people trained so early. High lighting what fuck was an equestrian clown doing there in the first place. Its a training track and the sooner the equestrian people find somewhere else tbe better