RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Berri

Showcasing is a smart sire

Great run by Tasleet in the Diamond Jubilee highlights again how underrated Showcasing is. Perhaps they will back him up in the July Cup?  Looking forward to Quiet Reflection's reappearance later in the season.

Yes and $12k here...underrated by our market. Has been unlucky as 3 stars of his first crop here have a) Hardline (retired due to wind issues), B)Cylinder Beach loomed up to win Doomben Cup & broke his leg, c) Raghu has obviously not adjusted to Hong Kong.

5 hours ago, La Zip said:

Yes and $12k here...underrated by our market. Has been unlucky as 3 stars of his first crop here have a) Hardline (retired due to wind issues), B)Cylinder Beach loomed up to win Doomben Cup & broke his leg, c) Raghu has obviously not adjusted to Hong Kong.

I think you are being generous calling him underrated. Needs to find a good horse down here relatively quickly. I would add that I thought Iffraaj was always under rated as generally always had a good horse in the North and the South. He is obviously well found now 

OK - needs to find a good horse? That is what I have demonstrated above. 2 top liners both struck down in their prime and the 3rd could not be sent to HKG fast enough.  And that's the story for many young stallions here...everything is on the market and sold if they pass the vet. For many middle market pitched stallions their success is in the hands of the few competent expat trainers in SIN & HKG.  Otherwise it's pushing it uphill.

7 hours ago, La Zip said:

OK - needs to find a good horse? That is what I have demonstrated above. 2 top liners both struck down in their prime and the 3rd could not be sent to HKG fast enough.  And that's the story for many young stallions here...everything is on the market and sold if they pass the vet. For many middle market pitched stallions their success is in the hands of the few competent expat trainers in SIN & HKG.  Otherwise it's pushing it uphill.

Its a fickle industry and don't get me wrong, he's doing an ok job. Just needs that Hallmark horse that people can associate with. 

Exactly - It's very hard for a stallion to actually to get a good horse here in NZ.  Any horse that shows promise is sold sold sold.....that's why is important that these horses end up in the hands of decent expat trainers. 

I consider he is one of the best value proven stallions available in NZ. I have just brought a weanling filly over to Aust as I feel sure his stock will measure up here and no doubt Showcasing is probably best by Oasis Dream available at present in the southern hemisphere.Especially at $12500.

Nothing wrong with showcasing as a sire of 2yr olds, i thought he was one of the better ones, just wondered what some of you caffers think about duelled as a sire, any thoughts be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Insider said:

Duelled? He has his chance. Leaves stayers, probably because of his mares' influence. He is certainly not you typical Redoutes Choice, in my opinion. 

Cheers, thanks for that, see he left a few winners, personally i like the stayers, trouble is not many do, see so many horses pushed to be juveniles, that dont make the grade, when sometimes given time and maturity you see a different outcome.

2 hours ago, Mattski said:

We are looking at sending our mare to him. She is on the smaller side (not tiny). I have seen a few ShowC's that are a bit small. Do they tend to be smaller on average? Thanks.

Showcasing is quite small and does tend to leave quite small progeny. They can run fast though (sprinting types) and have big hearts so it depends what you are trying to breed

The tallest weanling at Mapperley stud is a showcasing filly,but in saying that the mother is 16.2hh. From what I have seen Showcasing is a good average sized stallion however his  sire was 15.2hh like many from the Green Desert line.. It seems like with most stallions the mare's size and that of her foals must be taken into account

My Showcasing weanling [filly] is a cracker, tall, and put together, lovely nature also. Her Dam is a Flying Spur who is not over big, her first foal by Dalghar is a very neat package, but not anywhere as nice a type [as a weaner] to her half sister. I'm really happy to have gone to Showcasing, he's probably the best value in the country, and I'd love another.

If you are looking to breed a top quality 2 year old and later on sprinter/miler he is by far the best value in the country. 

Make no bones about it, he's the goods, just like his sire. 

They gave both done it the hard way and that's what you want. 

3 hours ago, Insider said:

If you are looking to breed a top quality 2 year old and later on sprinter/miler he is by far the best value in the country. 

Make no bones about it, he's the goods, just like his sire. 

They gave both done it the hard way and that's what you want. 

How do you measure your best value in the country statement? I think he is fairly priced at $12,500 a fee that he deserves and have a few stats to back that up. But before I post them I was wondering if I was missing something?

2 hours ago, optical said:

How do you measure your best value in the country statement? I think he is fairly priced at $12,500 a fee that he deserves and have a few stats to back that up. But before I post them I was wondering if I was missing something?

It is just my opinion based on his results here and overseas, how he has upgraded his mares, his age  at the moment and what I believe is his future. 

To the best of knowledge, I believe all of his stakes winning progeny are from mares that were neither stakes winners themselves or had previously left a stakes winner!

Are you suggesting that there is a horse who is better value to get you a top quality 2 year old and then go on to be a sprinter/miler?

I look forward to your stats.

I'd be interested in his ave sales results vs his peer group - Per Incanto may look much better in that regard. SCing has two hemispheres helping his stakes performers numbers but has done particularly well in that regard