RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
tasman man 11

Tim has 4 horses in one race...again

ATC 's dwindling pacing race numbers would be so much more dire if Tim Vince wasn't racing his 'hobby' team .

For the second time in a few weeks Tim has 4 x runners in one race at the Park...this week it is 4 horses in a race of only 7 starters[ the nights main race]

Quite an effort and it calls into question the recent decision to exclude his horse Monnay from the Group 1 Rowe Cup when the horse clearly had the points and recent form to be included.

With small pacing fields now the norm , maybe the club should revisit the decision not to include Amateur Drivers races as well.

Tim ,a battling hobby trainer maybe needs a bit more attention especially when he appears to support the club better than a lot of higher profile trainers.

Yes, full marks to Tim and to the club for carding the race.    Perhaps shouldn't have been a pick 6 race though.    Or at least one of the three 7 & 8 runners races could have been run earlier and (say) race 3 included in pick 6.     With these fields to get a reasonable divvy you will probably need (at least) 2 anchors - unless the out-of-formers do the decent - to get a worthwhile return.     Also race 1 just 6 2 year olds - the winter pools starting to take effect.   

Is Pick 6 such a big deal.....

At the Harness Jewels recently the pick 6 was dismissed as likely to return a lowly dividend....what happened ?

The 7 horse field is main race of night so unlikely that it would not be in pick 6......looks an open race.

But the club really needs to do something about the small fields.....the nominations were pathetically small for the pacing races.

14 hours ago, tasman man 11 said:

Tim ,a battling hobby trainer maybe needs a bit more attention especially when he appears to support the club better than a lot of higher profile trainers. 

This is an over statement, there are many proffesional trainers out there that have won less than the battling hobby trainer.

99 starters, 21 winners, 14 seconds, 12 thirds and $143,880 stakes.  And UDR 0.3311

Battler ??

2 hours ago, 45yearsofharness said:

This is an over statement, there are many proffesional trainers out there that have won less than the battling hobby trainer.

99 starters, 21 winners, 14 seconds, 12 thirds and $143,880 stakes.  And UDR 0.3311

Battler ??

A battler with an impressive UDR is still a battler.

Oh , and it was Tim himself who described himself as a battler.

the difference is professional trainers get paid even if they don't win races-   I have to pay all expenses- I would say without buying the horses my outgoings on the stake  money of 143 k we wouldn't be ahead- but no one makes me do it- most people have no idea of the expenses neither do the hierarchy. I would rather not have 4 in a race but we had to switch 2 to the race to make it viable. regan cotter is a a decent fellow and I don't mind- he helps me when he can though is no pushover I wouldn't  have done it under the previous stewardship.

having great supporters like tasman man helps - he should be high up in administration

we can help the club if they carded a race up to 66 and 10claimers-   amateur drivers as a race of last resort it could get a decent enough field-

not asking to take the food out of the pros mouths- last resort if they cant card a full card-

montes might help- I am going to hardly race kd hall- just here and there - don't want to kill the old boy off long marks- my choice.but we have  a real affection for him - he made us and I have turned done offers to buy him. when the club booted me out he kept us getting up in the morning.

today I have been contacted by an aussie agent to sell  franco Hamilton chal shock and joemaro- it wasn't enough money but I wont be able to resist soon as much as I hate to let them go  we wont  be able to race them competitively. sad but true for plenty of us.

52 minutes ago, tim vince said:

the difference is professional trainers get paid even if they don't win races-   I have to pay all expenses- I would say without buying the horses my outgoings on the stake  money of 143 k we wouldn't be ahead- but no one makes me do it- most people have no idea of the expenses neither do the hierarchy. I would rather not have 4 in a race but we had to switch 2 to the race to make it viable. regan cotter is a a decent fellow and I don't mind- he helps me when he can though is no pushover I wouldn't  have done it under the previous stewardship.

having great supporters like tasman man helps - he should be high up in administration

I'd be happy to be battling in your shoes :)

1 hour ago, tim vince said:

we can help the club if they carded a race up to 66 and 10claimers-   amateur drivers as a race of last resort it could get a decent enough field-

not asking to take the food out of the pros mouths- last resort if they cant card a full card-

montes might help- I am going to hardly race kd hall- just here and there - don't want to kill the old boy off long marks- my choice.but we have  a real affection for him - he made us and I have turned done offers to buy him. when the club booted me out he kept us getting up in the morning.

today I have been contacted by an aussie agent to sell  franco Hamilton chal shock and joemaro- it wasn't enough money but I wont be able to resist soon as much as I hate to let them go  we wont  be able to race them competitively. sad but true for plenty of us.

Too true........sadly if you sell those 3 x horses to Aussie they will make another significant dent in numbers in the North.

I'm in a few syndicates and in recent weeks 3 x horses sold to Aussie plus probably my two most talented horses may well end up racing there as well next season.

Dash hard to earn stakes when your horse is not racing opposition of similar quality ,or starting from behind them or from a difficult barrier !

Tim the job you have done with Drovers Eyre is quite incredible.  I remember seeing this bloke race in the south having 50 odd starts for only a couple of wins and looking rather ordinary, and you have now got this bloke up to 8 wins with potentially another on the cards this Friday.  Good luck and all the best to you

drovers eyre- we are very lucky he came in tremendous order- us winning is no reflection on the last trainer- we have been able to place him well- he is rated  in 70's but u will see his llast 2 starts as a claimer in 55's he ran 3d  and snuck over to win. unfortunately he has  quite a serious leg problem and have to inject frequently-there is no doubt in my mind  north island lower grades are easier.his standing start manners are great so I hope he goes good- even though my 4 in the race are the worse on paper the money is good  and no point sitting at home. I would rate him as a horse in the the high 50's low 60's. anyway we wont kill him and retire him when the time is right.tks for   post.

Scratching already - disappointing that so many of the races (5 of the 10) already down to 8 or less starters.    You would think that with the "guns" spelling trainers would be taking opportunity to get easier good stakes before selling/retiring their charges.