RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Midget

Guilty as charged

So finally what I've been saying for years is proved correct in the courts.

This guy rang me a few times threatening me with violence if I kept telling the truth about him.

What a pity they didn't get the ultimate and probably the most frequent offender Acklin too, plus his corrupt mates at NZTR and the various clubs he worked with on all the rorts.

Lock the fucking lot of them up I say, they're parasites who exploit the vulnerable members of society.

20 hours ago, rumpole said:

the 104 page judgment is now available for public viewing

Visit: http://www.courtsofnz.govt.nz/judgments/high-court to view the decision.

R  V OBrien  17June 2017

holy hell the Obrien case apart some of those other cases on there make for sobering reading when your not used to it!

8 hours ago, elbow said:

holy hell the Obrien case apart some of those other cases on there make for sobering reading when your not used to it!

I read all the grizzly deails every second    day murders  serious sex  assault etc

We do need to be a little careful attacking certain personalities. Although he did make a lot of money out of this, and he may be an abrasive personality, I think O'Brien was basically a racing person at heart and a lot of clubs did make a lot of money out of his, and even Acklin's, actions. The clubs of course have all scampered for cover when everything hits the fan. And I think O'Brien senior did a lot for the Harness industry over the years so it is a pity his image has been tainted by this.

Everyone is attacking these "Racing" people who probably know more about Racing and have done more for Racing than almost all of the current board members on the NZRB. I think there are a lot of people doing more harm to Racing than these people who enabled millions of dollars to be poured into stakes for several years. 

Time to get over personalities. I don't think the O'Briens are the worst thing to happen to Racing in recent years.

I sort of get what you're saying, and I absolutely agree that the codes were up to their necks in these rorts, but O'Brien took millions for himself as a commission, and Acklin did similar for himself or for those with whom he fraternised, so please help me understand why we should ignore their transgressions.

Is it ok to break the law and be a criminal if you're working out of Petone or Addington ?

Why should David Walker get seven years for doing nothing major when the code criminals get away scot free ? Not once, not twice, but every fucking time, if you're wearing a suit and associated with head office you get immunity to commit whatever pokie related crime you wish. How can you justify that ?

14 hours ago, Midget said:

I sort of get what you're saying, and I absolutely agree that the codes were up to their necks in these rorts, but O'Brien took millions for himself as a commission, and Acklin did similar for himself or for those with whom he fraternised, so please help me understand why we should ignore their transgressions.

Is it ok to break the law and be a criminal if you're working out of Petone or Addington ?

Why should David Walker get seven years for doing nothing major when the code criminals get away scot free ? Not once, not twice, but every fucking time, if you're wearing a suit and associated with head office you get immunity to commit whatever pokie related crime you wish. How can you justify that ?

I can only but wonder out loud why nothing ever came of the rort that was Gallop South etc and the pokies. There must be a few people looking over their shoulder. 

15 hours ago, We're Doomed said:

We do need to be a little careful attacking certain personalities. Although he did make a lot of money out of this, and he may be an abrasive personality, I think O'Brien was basically a racing person at heart and a lot of clubs did make a lot of money out of his, and even Acklin's, actions. The clubs of course have all scampered for cover when everything hits the fan. And I think O'Brien senior did a lot for the Harness industry over the years so it is a pity his image has been tainted by this.

Everyone is attacking these "Racing" people who probably know more about Racing and have done more for Racing than almost all of the current board members on the NZRB. I think there are a lot of people doing more harm to Racing than these people who enabled millions of dollars to be poured into stakes for several years. 

Time to get over personalities. I don't think the O'Briens are the worst thing to happen to Racing in recent years.

I just want it on record if I stole a few million you can guarantee racing would do well out of me.  Karaka, TAB I might even be able to pay outstanding trainer bills :-)

Pokie machines are the opposite of Robin Hood, they steal from the poor and give to the rich.