• Announcements

• 2Admin2

TAB 0800 Telephone Bet Number - IMPORTANT!!!!   05/16/2017

The Telephone Bet Service ceased in July 2016.    For telephone betting via Touchtone call 0800 10 20 33. The old 0800 number now belongs to a different company who are being bombarded with calls. The TAB Helpline is  0800 102 106
Newmarket

Pokie Fraud

51 posts in this topic

On 16/06/2017 at 9:21 PM, JackSprat said:

Firstly let me say that I've never met any of the people involved in this case.

From what I understand, every club in the country was aware that the Bluegrass Trust was set up from day one with the prime, but unstated objective, of generating income for harness racing clubs. Over the years of it's existence many many millions of dollars was pumped into stakemoney. Money that the majority of owners, trainers, and drivers will have benefited from at some stage.

Nobody was complaining while the cash was flowing into the industry.

Other than pull the wool over the eyes of a few dim witted Internal Affairs officials, and deduct a generous commission from the proceeds for himself, what has Mike O'Brien actually done wrong here?

It seems to me to be a double standard for the industry to now be distancing tiself from the O'Briens and calling them crooks, when only a short while ago everybody was only to happy to pocket the millions of dollars they pumped into the game.

Oh so right thank goodness someone is seeing this episode correctly. Restores faith in N.Zers. Easy to go for blood when being hounded by media and prosecuting lawyer. Not to sure what accused lawyer was doing right.