RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Diver Dan

Classic Bet - another alternative?

Around 2 years ago the TAB mistakenly sent out a batch email that had all VIP punters email address on it. (another stroke of genius,NOT)

I now get regular emails from Ladbrokes, Classis, Betfair, etc.

The point of this post is to inform them that most of the TAB promotions don't stack up to the opposition, I hope this is clear to them.

You can spend 30million over the next 3 years but if you are not competitive you will suck.

Attracting new clients is always more difficult then looking after the existing data base.

WTF are they doing at PET One

Below is an email received today.

Hi

It's Da here from ClassicBet -

Please see below for some exciting information.

The best thing about ClassicBet, is that we are a 100% fully Australian owned and operated corporate bookmaker with licenses registered in NSW. Visit our website on www.classicbet.com.au, and find out why people are switching to ClassicBet. These are some of the features which I think you will enjoy as much as they do:

Classic Odds

We are offering the best odds in the marketplace with our racing products including:

- BEST of the BEST unlimited (Best of 3 totes OR TOP FLUC) on all major Metro meets
- Best of 4 (3 totes and SP) on ALL AUS gallops everyday!
- Best of SUP/NSW on selected Dogs and Harness,
- Highly competitive Fixed odds on all gallops and sports

Classic Service

We plan on providing the Best Service in the industry! We do this by designating every one of our clients to a client manager (in your case, myself) to personally ensure that your every betting need is attended to. Give me a call anytime if you have any queries or questions about anything. Also remember if any of your mates like to have a bet, refer them to me by email or by calling me and you will receive $200 per person you refer!

If you do setup your account yourself, be sure to include "Da" in how you were referred, to get our special members promos when you sign up.

Only our existing members are elligible for some great bonuses that will suit any sized punter - big or small! I have outlined the free bet structure below!

500 free for $500 deposit
600 free for $600 deposit
750 free for $1000 deposit
1000 free for $2000 deposit
1500 free for $5000 deposit
2000 free for $10000 deposit
3000 free for $30000 deposit

Please note this offer doesn’t apply to clients who have already taken up the offer.

If you have any questions in the interim, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 02 8047 1823.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

All Term's and Condition's can be found here.

International agencies don't have fat bloated overheads like the NZRB, no fat salaries, no $45,000 on tables to the Lion's tests, and that's the harsh reality and means we can never be competitive.

Meantime those who work so hard and give so much to the game will continue to be abused and exploited by the porcine Petone set.

NZR professionalism examples:

The road show email addresses cc'd all with all emails available to all

NZ racing is looking for anew Marketing and Communications Advisor in Waikato, please send emails to sovaia.uluiburoto@nzracing.co.nz.  This ad advertised on 26th May and Sovaia left company in Feb.....yet still use her email address.

4 hours ago, shaneMcAlister said:

NZ racing is looking for anew Marketing and Communications Advisor in Waikato, please send emails to sovaia.uluiburoto@nzracing.co.nz.  This ad advertised on 26th May and Sovaia left company in Feb.....yet still use her email address.

Not sure what this has got to do with ClassicBet, but irrespective, her LinkedIn profile suggests she finished working there this month and not back in Feb.

1 hour ago, berzerk said:

Classic Bet is a complete fraud in my opinion.

My account was closed for winning just over $5k!

Agreed, mine was closed at about $5k. Total waste of time opening an account other than to get the deposit bonus.

13 hours ago, Huey said:

and they offer great prices on NZracing which they contribute so significantly to?

Well in Australia they have the TAB and they have corporate bookmakers and they race for megabucks.  We only have the TAB and we race for peanuts.  Maybe it's time for a change and instead of focusing on defending the monopoly we should look at how we can emulate what works there.

On 6/13/2017 at 8:53 PM, Bimbo said:

Well in Australia they have the TAB and they have corporate bookmakers and they race for megabucks.  We only have the TAB and we race for peanuts.  Maybe it's time for a change and instead of focusing on defending the monopoly we should look at how we can emulate what works there.

That'd be great , any ideas?

On 6/13/2017 at 8:37 AM, Midget said:

International agencies don't have fat bloated overheads like the NZRB, no fat salaries, no $45,000 on tables to the Lion's tests, and that's the harsh reality and means we can never be competitive.

Meantime those who work so hard and give so much to the game will continue to be abused and exploited by the porcine Petone set.

You're very very right about those at the coalface , but do you seriously think these other International agencies are void of fat cats?

6 hours ago, Leggy said:

My main observation is that they offer a product that people want to bet on. We could try that for starters?

What the NZ TAB don't offer a product that people want to bet on? 

So no one wants to bet on the Aus product?

No argument the NZ product is a tough sell, but people need to realise that the NZ product is rot that has set in over the past 30 years to get to the point where it is today and any improvements in it are going to take a considerable amount of time to come to fruition. Racing in this country even at the micro level(clubs) is paying for the neglect and sins of the past probably more than any other sport. There seems to be some momentum in the industry at least no matter how insignificant that may seem.

Please note, Classic Bet is not an alternative.

I have it on good authority that these scum bags have balked in paying out a punter 30k.

My point was always in regards to the marketing side which many others(apart from the TAB) offer similar deposit structures.

On 6/16/2017 at 11:44 PM, Leggy said:

My main observation is that they offer a product that people want to bet on. We could try that for starters?

That's what the Victorian's put their success down to.

https://rv.racing.com/news/2017-06-16/record-punter-interest-in-victorian-thoroughbred-racing

We're planning to achieve our record wagering by churning out more rubbish racing, but providing five zillion different novelty bet options on it every day.  I wouldn't have believed this could work until I think I heard that somebody put $700 on the Logan's winning five races on Saturday.  With people around making bets like that John's strategy might just work.

I don't know why they didn't offer seven wins as an option.  The same punter might have wanted to take that one as a saver.

Yes Bimbo. My point exactly. Many people look at Vic and think they've got where they are because they've raised stakes, when that article clearly points out that they've been able to raise stakes because they've got where they are. How did they do that?

CAUSE

" Total turnover on Victorian thoroughbred racing has grown by 24% over the past three years underpinned by a new media rights model, enhanced race programming and continued investments in integrity, welfare and tracks." Note, no mention of investing in higher stakes being a cause.

What has been the result?

EFFECT

“Strong wagering performances have allowed us to announce $40 million worth of increases in prizemoney and bonuses since May 2015"

Here, the bright sparks think the process will work backwards, so the only investment has pretty much been wasted on stakes.  It hasn't and it won't create the above results, in fact in the absence of the other investments such as Vic has made in recent years, it has done the opposite. I fear even drastic change in that  warped thinking at this stage may now may be too late.

the tab  would have to worry less about leakage if they dropped the tax on all betting forms and stopped restricting punters- I know some one who is restricted to winning 500 on greyhounds harness- really can they be anymore stupid.

if they offered a rebate of losing bets 1000 or more more business-the fact that bookmakers(loose term) get a bonus on profit means of course they going to trim the punters.

don't they know they are in the long term game