RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Ohokaman

Bosson stood down...

1 hour ago, Ohokaman said:

Not well at Doomben apparently. That changes things with some of his better mounts later on.

Nothing wrong with the replacements.  I don't think it will make much difference to their chances.  Browne on Shocking Luck might give it a slightly better chance (makes it the omen bet). 

22 minutes ago, Ohokaman said:

Melody Belle the falsest of favourites...never looked like winning.

Gone to the well one too many times like Splurge, or Good track conditions compared to Eagle Farm?

20 minutes ago, chevy86 said:

Would be a nice touch if Queensland Racing gave Te Akau back those massive late acceptance fees considering none of the horses got a result. What do you think the odds would be?:D

Slim

Massive better than Token

quite interesting to note that there have been many good Te Akau horses in NZ but they don't seem to kick through when they travel to Aussie. One or two have made it through but most don't. Wonder why?

2 hours ago, Berri said:

quite interesting to note that there have been many good Te Akau horses in NZ but they don't seem to kick through when they travel to Aussie. One or two have made it through but most don't. Wonder why?

Why only restrict it to TA horses... I would think there is a lot of NZ horses period that fit into this category.

Just now, scooby3051 said:

Why only restrict it to TA horses... I would think there is a lot of NZ horses period that fit into this category.

One reason is that they go over at or near the end of their campaigns. 

Great trainers like Baker identify the necessary talent and go much earlier. 

Last year Pike took a couple to Brisbane before they were fully exposed and got the Group One double. 

See what I mean?

2 hours ago, Shad said:

I guess it easy to make these comments after the races have been run, but on paper before the race they both looked good chances.Best to comment before the races are run.

Exactly its easy to be an expert after the races are run... did they not win a group or listed race with Shocking Luck and a group 2 with Melody Belle and also a couple of listed placings... I would have thought that was not too bad for horses as Insider says at the end of their preps...:rolleyes:.. take out Chocante what did the other big Kiwi stables do in Brisbane??? Yes Murray Baker has some good carnivals... but he has a few misses too.

1 hour ago, scooby3051 said:

Exactly its easy to be an expert after the races are run... did they not win a group or listed race with Shocking Luck and a group 2 with Melody Belle and also a couple of listed placings... I would have thought that was not too bad.. take out Chocante what did the other big Kiwi stables do in Brisbane??? Yes Murray Baker has some good carnivals... but he has a few misses too.

Be happy to own a small share in any of them, those type of horses don't come along to often. A mate of mine has an interest in a average horse with a few others, i always tell him to give your opinion before the race, cause any fool can afterwards.

58 minutes ago, jeepers said:

Tongue in cheek Mr Scooby so don't be so touchy and note I said "those Matamata" could be any vets in Matamata so not pointing finger at MV or in fact if anything gets used. Perhaps if you are so damn touchy you know more than we do.

Have you lost your sense of humour?

No they use no Matamata vets ....so ...tongue in cheek when you accuse stables of cheating.. you need to adjust your sense of humor ... JMO and if it aint true or you don't know its true then keep your warped sense of humor to yourself next time... enough rumors and shit in the industry as it is.....cheers.

13 hours ago, Bimbo said:

Strange statement.  What horse should have been the favourite and why?  Doubt you can come up with much, but would be interested.

Different track, different conditions, stronger field, never run at the distance...the market got carried away with a good win in a bog where many of the opposition did not handle the ground....

Aloisia, another ex- Kiwi filly, and 1 race winner, flew home for second and arguably should have won.

That enough..?? :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Ohokaman said:

Different track, different conditions, stronger field, never run at the distance...the market got carried away with a good win in a bog where many of the opposition did not handle the ground....

Aloisia, another ex- Kiwi filly, and 1 race winner, flew home for second and arguably should have won.

That enough..?? :rolleyes:

Not really.  Doesn't answer the question.  Will ask again.  What horse should have been favourite?  Why should that horse have been the favourite?

I had question marks around Melody Belle as per your list and the barrier as well, but still the best performed in the field and deserved to be a clear favourite.

Didn't exactly get a sweet trip in the race, but wouldn't have won anyway.  They didn't pay much for her and she's won plenty already so god luck to them and I hope she wins a few more.