RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Irish

Irish's Travels

Of which there have been few in recent times.   :)

I want to say I have 6 sleeps before I swan off to the UK for Royal Ascot, Paris and lots of historical sites which I have long wanted to visit.

Looking forward to a few weeks of a UK Spring, then a week in Melbourne - where it will probably piss rain - then back to Cambridge.

Sometimes, isn't life grand?   :)

10 minutes ago, Irish said:

Of which there have been few in recent times.   :)

I want to say I have 6 sleeps before I swan off to the UK for Royal Ascot, Paris and lots of historical sites which I have long wanted to visit.

Looking forward to a few weeks of a UK Spring, then a week in Melbourne - where it will probably piss rain - then back to Cambridge.

Sometimes, isn't life grand?   :)

Enjoy. Do get to Newmarket and soak it all up. Email Banstead Manor and ask to see Frankel. They should oblige. Then you can say that you have seen the best racehorse in your lifetime. (In my opinion)

53 minutes ago, Insider said:

Enjoy. Do get to Newmarket and soak it all up. Email Banstead Manor and ask to see Frankel. They should oblige. Then you can say that you have seen the best racehorse in your lifetime. (In my opinion)

Insider, I have two nights in Newmarket .  

Also being taken on a tour of the Queen's Stud.  I hope they mean horses and not Prince Philip. :)    

Ely Cathedral is in the mix as well.  I hope God is happy about heathens storming his domain.   

I agree with your opinion re Frankel.  Not sure if they will have me to visit but I will try.

'Cracking' isn't a good word Swoopa.  I'd describe it as 'friggin' hot'; :)

Absolutely amazing today.  I've seen women in heels that would have to be 4/5 inches high tottering along.   I've seen them carrying their 4/5" heels and wearing thongs.  I am astounded they managed to walk the distance to the track.

I have excelled with my ability to be lost at the Louvre and asked 8 people for directions by the time I found myself, hot and sweaty, at the pick up point.

We ran into the all the traffic on the Champs Elysees after the disaster there and I have to say, late though it was, I was glad to get to St. Pancreas.

So far, I've been to Warwick Castle which was awesome, where Shakespeare was born, the Cotswolds and Oxford University.

I still have the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Tower,  Harrods, Ely Cathedral and a few other sights to see before I head off to Newmarket.

Not sure I'll be able to keep up the pace.

Better you have your credit cards available when you go to Harrods Irish :) 

A lady walks into Harrods. She looks around, spots a beautiful diamond
bracelet and walks over to inspect it. As she bends over to look more
closely, she unexpectedly farts.
Very embarrassed, she looks around nervously to see if anyone noticed
her little woops and prays that a sales person was not anywhere near.
As she turns around, her worst nightmare materialises in the form of
a salesman standing right behind her - Good looking as well Cool as a cucumber, he displays all of the qualities one would expect
of a professional in a store like Harrods.
He politely greets the lady with, 'Good day, Madam. How may we help
you today?
Blushing and uncomfortable, but still hoping that the salesman
somehow missed her little 'incident', she asks, 'what is the price of
this lovely bracelet?'
He answers, "Madam - if you farted just looking at it - you're going
to shit yourself when I tell you the price!"

2 hours ago, Irish said:

'Cracking' isn't a good word Swoopa.  I'd describe it as 'friggin' hot'; :)

Absolutely amazing today.  I've seen women in heels that would have to be 4/5 inches high tottering along.   I've seen them carrying their 4/5" heels and wearing thongs.  I am astounded they managed to walk the distance to the track.

I have excelled with my ability to be lost at the Louvre and asked 8 people for directions by the time I found myself, hot and sweaty, at the pick up point.

We ran into the all the traffic on the Champs Elysees after the disaster there and I have to say, late though it was, I was glad to get to St. Pancreas.

So far, I've been to Warwick Castle which was awesome, where Shakespeare was born, the Cotswolds and Oxford University.

I still have the Victoria and Albert Museum, the Tower,  Harrods, Ely Cathedral and a few other sights to see before I head off to Newmarket.

Not sure I'll be able to keep up the pace.

Yes Irish, pretty  warm here this week!!

Hope you backed a winner .heels and dresses 2 inch higher at Aintree and York :D.

Not at Royal Ascot this year, (Goodwood Chantilly booked for my racing fix)Barney just paid for the first  trip away  today;)

Enjoy the rest of your trip,Ely Cathedral and town worth a look,and a short trip from Newmarket. 

Cheers