RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Double R

Reflection on Winning at the Jewels

Golly gosh, it is unbelievable.

A day in which we had to wait until the last race for our turn. Met a lovely couple from Hokitika who are in the Griffin Syndicate( Majestic Man and Dark Horse) at the lunch table, going to visit our horse before the race, and seeing the race unfold, and the excitement and disbelief of actually winning, was a joy to behold. Whatever the after race wash up is from other runners in the event, we won the race.

Oh, it the reason to be involved in ownership, as sometimes the dream does come true.

Thank you Racecafers for your support, and may your turn be not far away.

Cheers.

Robert.

Congratulations, one probably can't comprehend just how exciting it must be for you, winning any race is a buzz, but a jewels is huge, certainly a milestone in ones life. That certainly will take some beating.

13 minutes ago, Shad said:

Congratulations, one probably can't comprehend just how exciting it must be for you, winning any race is a buzz, but a jewels is huge, certainly a milestone in ones life. That certainly will take some beating.

You are onto it Shad. Great to see 5 of the 9 races taken out by smaller teamed trainers, which I say in the nicest way!!

Agree, good to see the battlers win a few, for a change, you will be on cloud nine for sometime, reveling in your win, how can you possibly top that, thats what racing is all about and as you say, dreams can come true, and to share a day with some coasters, the icing on the cake, there a good breed over there, and love there racing.

While our baby's Majestic Man and Springbank Lauchie ran ok,  the biggest buzz was cheering on Dark Horse who proved herself up to group racing considering who finished behind her. 

Congrats Longowner, I was hoping Jack would finally come up  trumps in a big one. Nice horse.

Globe

9 hours ago, Double R said:

Golly gosh, it is unbelievable.

A day in which we had to wait until the last race for our turn. Met a lovely couple from Hokitika who are in the Griffin Syndicate( Majestic Man and Dark Horse) at the lunch table, going to visit our horse before the race, and seeing the race unfold, and the excitement and disbelief of actually winning, was a joy to behold. Whatever the after race wash up is from other runners in the event, we won the race.

Oh, it the reason to be involved in ownership, as sometimes the dream does come true.

Thank you Racecafers for your support, and may your turn be not far away.

Cheers.

Robert.

Well done Robert. Congratulations, it must have been a thrill for you and the other owners. All the best with the horse in future races.

Well done it was a great win, the best horse on the day won. It was a very clever and ballsy drive, and Barry is a master trainer. The real good part for me was having 40 each way

Regards Badger

26 minutes ago, badger said:

Well done it was a great win, the best horse on the day won. It was a very clever and ballsy drive, and Barry is a master trainer. The real good part for me was having 40 each way

Regards Badger

Hi Badger (Billy?),

I am glad you had a good successful bet on him. Was there a reason for backing him?

While of course it was a surprise to win, a good showing was expected, as he is in general, very under rated.

A well earned break now, and then a framework plan aimed at N.Z.Cup!!  A lot of water to pass under the bridge before then, but Dare To Dream, and just like Saturday, who knows.

Cheers.

Robert.

2 hours ago, chelseacol said:

Just seen this Robert = brilliant to find out you won. Champion !!

Col

Hi Col,

Maybe next year for you.

It was incredible really, when the horse is a January foal, so will only improve with time one would think.

Cheers.

Robert.

Well I had backed JL in his 2 previous runs at Addington, and thought he had gone very good. I got a few dollars worth of the first quaddie, had a place bet on Queen bee bardon, I knew Craig was going to drive her that way as she has real gate speed, it was a super drive Craig is a very underrated driver.. he has driven close to 600 winners now. I also backed for a win Wilmas mate, once again a great drive and a master trainer, and Gentleman sir for a place, didn't take the quinella a bit dumb really, so I was a bit flush by then so followed my money and backed JL as I said top driver, master trainer, and a very underrated horse. My only regret for the day was not backing Sparkling delight for a place, I had seen him a couple of days prior and he looked superb.

I cannot be bothered putting 2000 for a win on a horse paying under 2 for a win now days my time for that has gone I prefer to just watch those races, the last serious punt I had was on a horse I trained a few months ago, he won and paid 16 only just got there and I nearly had a bloody coronary.

I wish you all the best for the future with JL

Regards Badger