RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
rangi

Jewels coverage

What an outstanding effort from the entire trackside presenters on their brilliant coverage of the jewels today

To sit in front of the tv all day being glued to the information these people give us and all the inside information and the camera angles and helmutcam and the drone are second to none

It will be hard to leave the tv coverage from my lounge in Auckland next year when the jewels will be just down the line

Well done TRACKSIDE

Will be interesting to see how much money came thru the tote via Australia the coverage couldn't have been any better and wouldn't it be great if we could have that sort of coverage every week, I'd probably consider staying home some days. Yeah rite

20 hours ago, Swede said:

Great coverage. Racing pattern pretty dull. You had to be in front, in the trail, three back on the fence or Enghien

With the speeds they were going it was always going to be the case.Horses dont come from the back when they running 1.53 and last quarters in under 27 or in Spanish Armada case 25.5.I thought it was great racing but am keen to see fields reduced to 10 horses.6 off front and 4 off 2nd row.Saying that 4 of the winners came from 6 or wider,Heavens Rock was unruly and   a few placings frow wide too

1 hour ago, richie said:

With the speeds they were going it was always going to be the case.Horses dont come from the back when they running 1.53 and last quarters in under 27 or in Spanish Armada case 25.5.I thought it was great racing but am keen to see fields reduced to 10 horses.6 off front and 4 off 2nd row.Saying that 4 of the winners came from 6 or wider,Heavens Rock was unruly and   a few placings frow wide too

Hope you had a great day Richie. Nothing like being there, and it didn't look as cold as it was 2yrs ago when I last went.

Even tho they ran 1.55.5 for the 4yr old Ruby, I think Nathan was slightly disappointed Lizzie (Dark Horse ) didn't finish off a bit quicker. They actually regard her as a better stayer than a miler, but what a buzz it was .

1 hour ago, globederby12 said:

Hope you had a great day Richie. Nothing like being there, and it didn't look as cold as it was 2yrs ago when I last went.

Even tho they ran 1.55.5 for the 4yr old Ruby, I think Nathan was slightly disappointed Lizzie (Dark Horse ) didn't finish off a bit quicker. They actually regard her as a better stayer than a miler, but what a buzz it was .

She will keep globe. Like the fact you enjoyed the buzz. We had one in the first - went back to last from barrier 9, and they ran 54.9 for 2yo fillies for last 800. Think we went well and ran 8th :-)

Great day on course - enjoyed the racing and atmosphere.

On 6/5/2017 at 2:11 PM, globederby12 said:

Was a fantastic day thanks.Lost badly on the punt but enjoyed the racing and the company.Dark Horse got plenty of potential and can see winning some nice group races and amassing a bit of stakemoney.

On 5/06/2017 at 2:11 PM, globederby12 said:

Looked to me like she just needs more experience racing in these kinds of fields.  Even over a mile, running four successive quarters in 29 takes a bit of getting used to, no matter how much raw speed a horse has.  I remember the first time Scotch Tar came up against the leading 4yos of his year --- Even Speed, Spartan Prince, Pointer Hanover --- he was a well-beaten 4th, but it wasn't long till he'd well and truly surpassed all of them.

On ‎3‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 7:33 PM, richie said:

You would expect nothing more from the Australasian mecca of racing Ashburton.Best track in Southern Hemisphere

Surely Addington with its new surface must be up there.

Bathurst is now one of the quickest and newest???

On 6/06/2017 at 9:08 PM, Basil said:

Looked to me like she just needs more experience racing in these kinds of fields.  Even over a mile, running four successive quarters in 29 takes a bit of getting used to, no matter how much raw speed a horse has. 

This prediction didn't take long to come true.:P  Admittedly not against a Jewels-quality field, but still a dominant performance by Dark Horse at Addington last night in the $40K trot.  Excellent time too, for this time of year on a cold night.

Congrats to the Harness Cafe owners.  Should cover trainer/vet fees for a while.

3 hours ago, Basil said:

This prediction didn't take long to come true.:P  Admittedly not against a Jewels-quality field, but still a dominant performance by Dark Horse at Addington last night in the $40K trot.  Excellent time too, for this time of year on a cold night.

Congrats to the Harness Cafe owners.  Should cover trainer/vet fees for a while.

Thanks Basil. Thrilled with her run and looking forward to next season.

26 minutes ago, enteebee said:

This horse is making the hair on the back of my neck bristle. I may be only a small player in the general scheme of things, but it seems when you watch them run that they are yours alone , the adrenaline pumps , and the eyes water when you see a performance like that.  Cuddly Jess and Lord Royden was no less a buzz.

Bring on next season.

15 hours ago, enteebee said:

Hi Neil,

You certainly have got a lot to look forward next season.

I remember meeting Neil in the early 2000's when when we were opposition to each other in trotting races. Ironically, we were racing Dark Horse's dam's brother, Dependable. The breed is certainly continuing on with strong results.

Cheers.

Robert.

3 hours ago, Double R said:

Hi Neil,

You certainly have got a lot to look forward next season.

I remember meeting Neil in the early 2000's when when we were opposition to each other in trotting races. Ironically, we were racing Dark Horse's dam's brother, Dependable. The breed is certainly continuing on with strong results.

Cheers.

Robert.

Hi Robert. I realised the connection when I saw your photo after the jewels win..well done there.

i have been looking for my next castletons mission and I think we have.

neil 

6 minutes ago, enteebee said:

Hi Robert. I realised the connection when I saw your photo after the jewels win..well done there.

i have been looking for my next castletons mission and I think we have.

neil 

Hi Neil,

I think it would too much to expect another Castleton's Mission in our lifetime, because he was was freakish. Only his manners in his younger days made it possible for us to win the big races. Once we both reached open class, we had Take A Moment to contend with. I think you deadheated with him in the Dominion, and we beat him in the Canterbury Park Trotting Cup.

Oh, the memories.

Robert.

4 hours ago, Double R said:

Oh, the memories.

Get ready for some more I would say. Having watched Sir Castleton race and studied his trotting action , Lizzie is in the same mold, maybe not freakish like CM but boy that speed will, and has evoked memory's of one of my fav Trotters ,.

18 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Get ready for some more I would say. Having watched Sir Castleton race and studied his trotting action , Lizzie is in the same mold, maybe not freakish like CM but boy that speed will, and has evoked memory's of one of my fav Trotters ,.

I hope the horse meets your expectations next season. I have never seen the open class trotting ranks so bare with few top-liners like the good old days when we had the likes of ICandoosit, Sir Castleton, Basil Dean, No Response and Sundon to admire. It would be great to have another top trotter going round instead of the mediocre lot we have now.

How about the 70's and  80's what a great line up that was. I may miss a few.

Easton light, Framalda, Tuteena, Nigel Craig, Petite Evander, Scots Tar, No Responce, Diogenes, Debs Pal, Even Speed, Yankee, Talent, Davey's Jill, Waipounamu, Ilsa Voss, About Now, Sparten Prince etc, and don't forget the Aussies at the time also, Silken Maoris Idol, the list could go on.

These horses were racing against each other and more. 

11 minutes ago, 45yearsofharness said:

How about the 70's and  80's what a great line up that was. I may miss a few.

Easton light, Framalda, Tuteena, Nigel Craig, Petite Evander, Scots Tar, No Responce, Diogenes, Debs Pal, Even Speed, Yankee, Talent, Davey's Jill, Waipounamu, Ilsa Voss, About Now, Sparten Prince etc, and don't forget the Aussies at the time also, Silken Maoris Idol, the list could go on.

These horses were racing against each other and more. 

Johnny Gee,Tony Bear, Marius, Black Frost, Best Bet, Hoquard, Black Millar, Stormy Morn, Idle Scott, Yankee Loch, Geffin.

There certainly was lots of good trotters in the "Good Old Days".