RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
jess

CD Stallion Options

Limited?

Alamosa, Road to Rock, Keano,The Bold One,Fabulous,Zed,Haradasun,Dial A Prayer,Mettre En Jeu,Little Wonder, Nadeem,Vespa, Per Incanto, Towkay amongst others , sounds like a few options there to me.

1 hour ago, jess said:

Still wondering if the Fells are done with standing sires or just taking a break / looking for the right horse?? ...

Did you know they used to stand Pakistan ? :D

Still looking for one as good........

I guess you have to ask that assuming you are breeding to sell- which out of the CD stallions mentioned are commercial!!!!

Plenty of choice for sure but what ones will give you a return!!

Sometimes cheaper to pay the freight north and get the sale ring return.

Also which mentioned ones have a chance of increasing their service fee in the years to come.

2 hours ago, fitzy said:

Did you know they used to stand Pakistan ? :D

Still looking for one as good........

Sure do know that Fitzy ... fair bit of pride and history with that stallion ...

I can imagine a few sum it up as you do Nasrullah ... add a grand to their total a/c and ship `em north ...   

55 minutes ago, Nasrullah said:

I guess you have to ask that assuming you are breeding to sell- which out of the CD stallions mentioned are commercial!!!!

Plenty of choice for sure but what ones will give you a return!!

Sometimes cheaper to pay the freight north and get the sale ring return.

Also which mentioned ones have a chance of increasing their service fee in the years to come.

If you knew that , you'd be a genius.

Ocean Park, Atlante, Ferlax, Showcasing, Jimmy Choux etc certainly didn't return anywhere near their service fees at the recent Weanling sales. 

Yes I know its supposedly a dumping ground for horses but even so if you paid full fee on some of those lots well ...

3 hours ago, jess said:

Yep Huey when you list em out you're right - that's quite a lot in terms of numbers ....

Still wondering if the Fells are done with standing sires or just taking a break / looking for the right horse?? ...

If you're breeding to race there are some seriously nice options in the CD if you have a bit of patience i.e. Zed (Is there anything he cannot do?) Road to Rock who are proving time is indeed a friend and the somewhat underrated Mettre En Jeu whose left a number of multiple winners at a competitive fee.

16 minutes ago, Huey said:

If you're breeding to race there are some seriously nice options in the CD if you have a bit of patience i.e. Zed (Is there anything he cannot do?) Road to Rock who are proving time is indeed a friend and the somewhat underrated Mettre En Jeu whose left a number of multiple winners at a competitive fee.

... and of course time will tell but for a modest fee I would have thought The Bold One could throw out a few good ones as well ....