RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
45yearsofharness

Inquiry?

19 hours ago, final luca said:

now just off the  topic here... purdons use to have a smart horse  called mr  shorthorn, it had a name change was it sole command ?

Hi FL, Mr Shorthorn was just a handy young horse.  He was owned by my uncle Charlie Hadley, and didn't have any name change.

45 minutes ago, Nslram said:

Can Final Luca or what a post tell me when Langdon was ever accused of milkshaking? You guys need to be careful about making false accusations!

never mentioned Langdon by name and did not indicate he had, get your facts right arsehole. was stating /talking about team driving..

some mentioned  may not had been  accused of it but clearly  tactics would had indicated  that it was happening..

don't take  harm from it dude, it happens and for some it is okay.. when you have 2,3,4 or more runners the odds are in your favour.. and you will always be suspected of foul play

it may be the case  you didn't but the idea /seed id planted. much of this is past history and quite a bit reported in   media over the years. 

if the discussion offends, don't read it. get back to your Donald duck comics.  you might understand that more.

2 hours ago, Bruce J Hadley said:

Hi FL, Mr Shorthorn was just a handy young horse.  He was owned by my uncle Charlie Hadley, and didn't have any name change.

thanks  bruce.. that long ago got my facts wrong..  the horse wasn't around long , won a few  and then nothing. from memory they expected something big from it.. do you recall or know what path it went down?

2 hours ago, final luca said:

thanks  bruce.. that long ago got my facts wrong..  the horse wasn't around long , won a few  and then nothing. from memory they expected something big from it.. do you recall or know what path it went down?

I was only a wee fella at the time. However, from memory, he won several 2yo races, and a few places.  And in those days, there weren't a lot of 2yo races.  Didn't really come up as expected as a 3yo, and then was sold to USA as an early 4-year-old.  He was a 2yo in 1973, and they scorched over the mile in 2-09 .  The stake money was $1500.  However, to put that into perspective,  a basket of goods that cost $1500 in 1973, would cost $18,000 in 2017.  (figures based on the Inflation Calendar)

screenshot-harness.hrnz.co.nz-2017-06-08-14-40-00.png

27 minutes ago, Bruce J Hadley said:

I was only a wee fella at the time. However, from memory, he won several 2yo races, and a few places.  And in those days, there weren't a lot of 2yo races.  Didn't really come up as expected as a 3yo, and then was sold to USA as an early 4-year-old.  He was a 2yo in 1973, and they scorched over the mile in 2-09 .  The stake money was $1500.  However, to put that into perspective,  a basket of goods that cost $1500 in 1973, would cost $18,000 in 2017.  (figures based on the Inflation Calendar)

screenshot-harness.hrnz.co.nz-2017-06-08-14-40-00.png

that would've been a really good divi for a purdon horse .  I can recall 1st and 2nd horse , but not the rest but  as for the drivers. some great people among those drivers,

thanks very much for that info.. I can put my mind to rest .

4 hours ago, Nslram said:

Can Final Luca or what a post tell me when Langdon was ever accused of milkshaking? You guys need to be careful about making false accusations!

If I have my facts right, Neroship was found to be milkshaked but it was not illegal then, I believe when it became illegal was when Langdon decided to move to Aussie. This is the story I have grown up with. Believe it or not!

Back to the subject of Team driving, I believe things changed about 15 years ago when One of our top drivers was up on charges of team driving.

There was a coo from other drivers who threatened to go on strike if that driver was charged, so the charges were dropped.

Ever since,  the stripes have been on the Cautious side of team driving.

4 hours ago, Nslram said:

I think you need to re read what was said.  As with final luca I did not say Langdon was ever accused with milk shaking. In fact I actually asked the question if the person that did post that was sure about what he was saying.(in reference to the milkshaking positives)   Having said that I think every man and his dog at the time said they were.  My understanding was it was not illegal at the time and when rules were introduced to make it so they curtailed such practices.   A bit like  it was once legal to use cobalt(irrespective of the evidence available being how harmful it was to horses)

I think you need to more careful when reading the posts before commenting. Were you chewing on one of those fence posts they have up your way? Yes I know some mistakes can be  genuine.

17 hours ago, Nslram said:

I apologise final Luca for been an arsehole it was spike city I mixed you up with! What a post I have been known to chew on the odd fence post so apologies to you too 

45 years your facts are wrong

your for given.. and you know , no ones really an arsehole.. I just bite hard  cheers.

didnt hrnz appoint j langdon chairman to a committee to look at affect milkshaking had on horses and wether it was legal,something rings a bell..interesting that committees verdict milkshaking wasn,t illegal under then current rules.dumb an dumber knew that would be the result otherwise hrnz would have had to prosecute