RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
45yearsofharness

Inquiry?

7 hours ago, Shad said:

Certainly not a good look for racing, and turns me off to be honest, meanwhile the average joe and struggling junior drives get hung out to dry for any minor offense, just the way it is i guess.

Correct.

Good example is the amateur racing, run under the same rules as everyone else, but Man do they get harsh penalties. 

In my view putting an amateur out for long periods does not help as they need to be out there to get more experience 

Just now, shapiro said:

hi eljay, its craig kennet again, he does have good points, but ......?

jack sprat, 45 years of harness! john ryan, just  google craig kennet internet troll, YOU WILL BE FUCKING SURPRISED!!

3 hours ago, 45yearsofharness said:

Correct.

Good example is the amateur racing, run under the same rules as everyone else, but Man do they get harsh penalties. 

In my view putting an amateur out for long periods does not help as they need to be out there to get more experience 

I agree, at the end of the day they are learners, how do we encourage them to ply there trade when hit with sizeable fines or suspensions, they have got to get a fair go, or alas they will be chased out of the industry, and we will have no juniors left.

From the All Stars website:

Natalie On Waikiki Beach Winter Cup Inquiry

We had a meeting with the Stewards on Wednesday over the Winter Cup inquiry involving Waikiki Beach and Piccadilly Princess and I can say that the case against us for my drive shifting out to allow Mark room with Piccadilly Princess, something I never intended to do. The Stewards accepted the points we made in support of the case. I have pleaded guilty to allowing Waikiki Beach to drift but it was not anything to do with where Mark's horse was.

The head on film, which will be shown on Trackside at a later date, shows Waikiki Beach drifting down early in the straight and when he started it again I corrected him out. There was no communication with Mark. I had a wrap around my head and a beanie as well as other headgear and I wasn't going to hear anything anyway ! I certainly didn't hear anything about moving out. The stewards, who were prepared to give me a full and fair hearing, agreed with my submissions.  I was letting thehorse wander a bit but they seemed to want to all night and Tim said his horse moved as well. 

I am keen to see the film shown as soon as possible because I would hate anyone to think we were doing things like that.  We pride ourselves that we treat all our owners equally on raceday and that is the way it should be and with us always has been. So it is a relief that the officials saw it the same way we did and will not proceed with that aspect of the inquiry.

the serial attacker is back , 45 years of craig kennet, jack sprat! 45 years, john ryan! and thats just3 outta over 100 accusations if u dont believe me, try googling craig kennet ,waimate horse shoe bitch, and jca results! 45 years aka is known as the internet troll, hes been banned before!

2 hours ago, shapiro said:

the serial attacker is back , 45 years of craig kennet, jack sprat! 45 years, john ryan! and thats just3 outta over 100 accusations if u dont believe me, try googling craig kennet ,waimate horse shoe bitch, and jca results! 45 years aka is known as the internet troll, hes been banned before!

What?

Please elaborate, have no idea what you are implying?

2 hours ago, Swede said:

We had a meeting with the Stewards on Wednesday over the Winter Cup inquiry involving Waikiki Beach and Piccadilly Princess and I can say that the case against us for my drive shifting out to allow Mark room with Piccadilly Princess, something I never intended to do. The Stewards accepted the points we made in support of the case. I have pleaded guilty to allowing Waikiki Beach to drift but it was not anything to do with where Mark's horse was.

The head on film, which will be shown on Trackside at a later date, shows Waikiki Beach drifting down early in the straight and when he started it again I corrected him out. There was no communication with Mark. I had a wrap around my head and a beanie as well as other headgear and I wasn't going to hear anything anyway ! I certainly didn't hear anything about moving out. The stewards, who were prepared to give me a full and fair hearing, agreed with my submissions.  I was letting thehorse wander a bit but they seemed to want to all night and Tim said his horse moved as well. 

I am keen to see the film shown as soon as possible because I would hate anyone to think we were doing things like that.  We pride ourselves that we treat all our owners equally on raceday and that is the way it should be and with us always has been. So it is a relief that the officials saw it the same way we did and will not proceed with that aspect of the inquiry.

Just watched it again, it does look bad, see no movement by Tims horse from that angle, front on might show different.

still not convinced!

3 hours ago, Swede said:

BS they team drive regularly - stable drivers are always giving way to the bosses or give them cover !

it is horrible to watch and such a turnoff for everyone who knows something about the game .

Box Seat do some investigative journalism and prove Natalie's  statement is as much BS as we all know .

Look at a few tapes ! 

3 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

I am keen to see the film shown as soon as possible because I would hate anyone to think we were doing things like that.

Hasn't she seen the film?:blink:

What!

4 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

The stewards, who were prepared to give me a full and fair hearing

Really? Surprising they did that!:D

6 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

I was letting thehorse wander a bit but they seemed to want to all night

The Devil's Own certainly did.

It really is a propaganda piece from their own website. Nothing more, nothing less.

I think longowner hits the nail on the head, given the discussion and feedback on this sight, you would think many others must think the same, it will just put more off from having a punt, some of my workmates say the games rigged and they dont even bet, and im trying to convince them thats its not the case.

1 hour ago, 45yearsofharness said:

Just watched it again, it does look bad, see no movement by Tims horse from that angle, front on might show different.

still not convinced!

Tim covers bosses arse !

3 hours ago, Swede said:

24 minutes ago, LongOwner said:

Box Seat do some investigative journalism and prove Natalie's  statement is as much BS as we all know .

Maybe you saw Guerin and his flippant and unprofessional comment last night on the box seat? On Natalie's drive on TDO and his 'blah blah blah' language

The chances of the box seat doing investigative journalism is ZERO.

I used to like the show and the people on it but really that show is just full of it.

18 minutes ago, Shad said:

I think longowner hits the nail on the head, given the discussion and feedback on this sight, you would think many others must think the same, it will just put more off from having a punt, some of my workmates say the games rigged and they dont even bet, and im trying to convince them thats its not the case.

So do your workmates watch races but dont bet.Or why do they think the game rigged.

7 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Rasmussen gets off for the drive on PP.

It makes Tim William's punishment on Have Faith In Me a disgraceful landmark in harness racing history

If we are arguing that ms rasmussen should have been censored then you must believe tim Williams got what he deserved.

7 hours ago, richie said:

So do your workmates watch races but dont bet.Or why do they think the game rigged.

They don't watch the races, but may go to a local meet occasionally, but thats their general opinion, in a nice way.

Forgive me for thinking there has only ever been this particular race run in a lifetime. Sure, some questions should have been asked but for God's sake fellers, there's a thousand races a week to bet on. How can you get hung up over one decision you don't agree with? Shitty decisions happen regularly in rugby, cricket etc and we move on pretty quickly. Why all the furore over P/R given too that most seem to have an aversion to backing them due to the short odds. As far as I'm concerned, and I'm not a big punter at all and referring to another P/R incident, I thought The Devil's Own was a bloody great place bet at $1.70 so I'm happy.