RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Maximus

little irritations...

It could be just middle-aged me getting all irritated for no good reason but...just for the sake of seeing if I'm not alone ...

does anyone lese get irritated by Peter Early saying the word "there" every 5 seconds..seriously have a listen any time he's on the wireless and count the times he says it!!

by BP saying "well done to you" every time he interviews a jockey or trainer?

grrr....thank God for the mute button.

I get annoyed with Aidan Rodley saying 'good win' after every single race and 'lets move you on' in interviews, but maybe it's just me.

I like the way Emily Murphy pronounces 'metres', but maybe it's just me.

I do know what you mean. Mine is the chap who does the form comments for the Aussie races and at least half of the horses in each race have smart trainers or are smart horses. Last weekend I really did think he had read my comments on here and was taking the piss by saying smart as many times as he could in the form lines.

21 minutes ago, weasel57 said:

It could be just middle-aged me getting all irritated for no good reason but...just for the sake of seeing if I'm not alone ...

does anyone lese get irritated by Peter Early saying the word "there" every 5 seconds..seriously have a listen any time he's on the wireless and count the times he says it!!

by BP saying "well done to you" every time he interviews a jockey or trainer?

grrr....thank God for the mute button.

12 minutes ago, Bimbo said:

I get annoyed with Aidan Rodley saying 'good win' after every single race and 'lets move you on' in interviews, but maybe it's just me.

I like the way Emily Murphy pronounces 'metres', but maybe it's just me.

9 minutes ago, We're Doomed said:

I do know what you mean. Mine is the chap who does the form comments for the Aussie races and at least half of the horses in each race have smart trainers or are smart horses. Last weekend I really did think he had read my comments on here and was taking the piss by saying smart as many times as he could in the form lines.

Peter Early is one of the best out there for mine....when he retires and is replaced you will want him back

What do you suggest BP say to the winning Jockey/Trainer/Owner ?

Aidan Rodley....imagine if he said it "fell in" or it didnt beat much...

These guys are out there live and doing a job and in my opinion doing a good one at that.

No edit buttons for them unforunately.............

20 minutes ago, napier said:

Peter Early is one of the best out there for mine....when he retires and is replaced you will want him back

Would have to agree with you there Bevan.

10 hours ago, napier said:

Totally agree!

2 hours ago, Chris Wood said:

if that is all these nit pickers have to moan about...

I don't think there's any harm in a light-hearted post - Racecafe would be pretty quiet if we only wrote about the serious stuff (which, as an owner/very small-time breeder, can get a bit depressing)

11 hours ago, weasel57 said:

Personally I always wince at George Simon's habit of saying '...and they all made it safely' when a jumps field clears a hurdle/steeple - as if suggesting that it is an unusual event!