RaceCafe..#1...Tipsters Thread.... Share Your Fancies For Fun...Lets See Who The Best Tipsters Here Are.
Paddymc

New Stallion at Highview

Again the 'top line of the mare' and the 'bottom line of the stallion.

GINGERNUTS.thumb.png.7100e8bbd914edad42805eb085643269.png

A double of line breeding patterns here with Nijinsky 'on the top line of the mare' with his close relation The Minstrel , in a 'broodmare sire position'  in Zafonic

......got beaten today but still a very nice horse by barn mate of Wrote.

the question that I must ask is ...is this area of the pedigree (the mare's male line " ) DOMINATING the mating..?  

contessa.thumb.png.933ba5968ba10aeb762592ba59a2b485.png

So continuing the thread and the similarities of Makfi with Wrote....both are out of Green Desert mares.

My belief is that this area of the pedigree is very easy to tap into using the mares male line.  

makfi.thumb.png.ab8317e47e036cfeb75f218cef40dba1.png

On 13/07/2017 at 11:08 AM, Dopey said:

Try an iffraaj mare out of a zabeel mare 

When assessing any mating the first place I look is the male line of the mare, and as we can see Iffraaj is from the male line of Mr Prospector. This will work perfectly with Wrote as he is from the Northern Dancer male line and this (Mr P /ND ) cross has proved an invaluable nick. It gives a duplication of Native Dancer, sire of Northern Dancer's dam.  Adding to the mix is Iffraaj being out of a Nureyev mare which will give line breeding to Wrotes female line (duplicating the mare Special)  

The other pattern with the 2nd dam being by Zabeel just as important.  The positions in the pedigree where the line breeding occurs (both in the mare and the stallion ) to my mind perfect.

iffraajwrote.thumb.png.549364da1972c8c8eca05a5bc06f5066.png 

A further pattern not highlighted is between Nijinsky and The Minstrel.

Nijinsky is the sire of Wrote's 3rd dam Durrah.  Nijinsky is a horse well worth duplicating in pedigrees especially in this position.  Having Nijinsky anywhere in the mares pedigree would help but I would think mares from the Nijinsky 'male line' would produce the best results. 

wrotedoubleelle.thumb.png.695ce7e13e87fdd560621732f5ea5bd3.png

Mares either by or with subsequent dams by the stallions  Tights,  Generous,  Western Symphony,  Senor Pete,  Royal Academy,  Whiskey Road,  Strawberry Road, etc will give duplications of Nijinsky in similar position.

wrotetights.thumb.png.dd01553895ca444520358d2c8f6fd496.png

I think its worth a look at some of the pedigrees of a breeder that produces outstanding results from only a handful of mares and had three winners at Caulfield on Saturday. I have read before 'line breeding' is at the very top of his list when planning matings and he breeds a Group One winner in less than every 10 runners.

596a8bbcb5bcd_portioncontrol.thumb.png.78eeeab319108569de6930d6f80635ac.png